Auburn fans must feel like this... 03-nutkick
12-13-2008 06:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: Gene Chizik to Auburn!
This has got to go down as one of the stupidest hirings ever by an SEC program. It will spell the end Auburn's AD if this doesn't pan out next season. They don't tolerate failure down there...

Shoot, they barely tolerated Tuberville's success...
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2008 06:22 PM by bitcruncher.)
12-13-2008 06:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RC Horn Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Texas
Being very familiar with Gene Chizik, this is a very good move on the part of Auburn. He's an outstanding coach despite his record at Iowa State.
12-13-2008 11:17 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

I hear Chan Gailey is available, too!
12-13-2008 11:35 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

RC Horn Wrote:Being very familiar with Gene Chizik, this is a very good move on the part of Auburn. He's an outstanding coach despite his record at Iowa State.
Chizak was a good coordinator, but he's been elevated to his level of incompetence. Auburn will never compete in the SEC West with Chizak at the helm. Bet on it...
12-14-2008 10:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
I give Chiz 2 ... very very doubtful 3 years. I give the AD just as long.
12-14-2008 11:19 AM
Advertisement

Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
For some reason I think this will work out better than people are thinking.

I dont know a whole lot about Chizik, just a hunch.
12-14-2008 01:51 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:I give Chiz 2 ... very very doubtful 3 years. I give the AD just as long.
You're generous, dude. Bobby Lowder isn't so charitable...
12-14-2008 05:21 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RC Horn Wrote:Being very familiar with Gene Chizik, this is a very good move on the part of Auburn. He's an outstanding coach despite his record at Iowa State.

Um, his record IS his experience. If he can't pull off more wins than that at ISU, he damn sure isn't going to get it done at AU. I'd have rather seen Turner Gill on the plains. At LEAST he has accomplished something. Getting Buffalo from the ESPN's Bottom Ten, consistently, to winning the MAC and bowl eligibility is something in of itself.
12-14-2008 07:28 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
BTW, THANKS AUBURN! Of the teams that poach talent from Mississippi, that's one school down. Only about 4 more to go.
12-14-2008 07:34 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I figure Houston Nutt will keep some of 'em in state now...
12-14-2008 07:49 PM
Advertisement

RC Horn Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Texas
Quote:For some reason I think this will work out better than people are thinking.

I dont know a whole lot about Chizik, just a hunch.

I think so too obviously. Gene Chizik had a lot to do with our MNC run in 2005. True, he was part of a coaching staff for a team that would have won the SEC that year going away. Let's just say that many in Norman, OK cheered out loud on bulletin boards when Chizik left our program. That's the kind of coach he is.

Quote:Um, his record IS his experience. If he can't pull off more wins than that at ISU, he damn sure isn't going to get it done at AU.

Uh, we're talking about Iowa State here not Nebraska. Iowa State is one of those dead end ijobs just like Mississippi State. It's extremely hard to win there unless you hire a Jackie Sherrill type coach. Even if you hire a coach like that, it's still extremely hard to win . Chizik's familiar with the SEC and I believe that he will do well there. Can he match Saban though? That will be the main question he has to answer.
12-16-2008 10:59 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
So you think he is better than Tuberville, RC Horn?
12-16-2008 11:03 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RC Horn Wrote:I think so too obviously. Gene Chizik had a lot to do with our MNC run in 2005. True, he was part of a coaching staff for a team that would have won the SEC that year going away. Let's just say that many in Norman, OK cheered out loud on bulletin boards when Chizik left our program. That's the kind of coach he is.

Ed Orgeron was Pete Carroll's right hand man and assistant Head Coach. Before he helped them win the national championship, he helped the University of Miami win theirs. When he finally obtained a HEAD coaching position, well, just take a look at Ole Miss from '04-'07.

An assistant coach doesn't mean one is actually qualified to be a head coach. I'd have rather have seen Turner Gill on the Plains.
12-16-2008 11:56 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Turner Gill would have been a great choice. Imagine Buffalo's offense, with the talent level you could get @ Auburn. He would have given Alabama a run for the money every year, no matter how good the Tide became.

That Auburn chose otherwise doesn't surprise me at all. The State of Alabama is a whole 'nother world...
12-16-2008 12:29 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Rebel Wrote:Ed Orgeron was Pete Carroll's right hand man and assistant Head Coach. Before he helped them win the national championship, he helped the University of Miami win theirs. When he finally obtained a HEAD coaching position, well, just take a look at Ole Miss from '04-'07.

Quote:Iowa State is one of those dead end ijobs just like Mississippi.
03-nutkick
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2008 01:45 PM by Terpy.)
12-16-2008 01:45 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Terpy Wrote:
Rebel Wrote:Ed Orgeron was Pete Carroll's right hand man and assistant Head Coach. Before he helped them win the national championship, he helped the University of Miami win theirs. When he finally obtained a HEAD coaching position, well, just take a look at Ole Miss from '04-'07.

03-nutkick

What was "actually" posted:

Quote:
Uh, we're talking about Iowa State here not Nebraska. Iowa State is one of those dead end ijobs just like Mississippi State.

BTW, last time I checked, the Cotton Bowl is head and shoulders over the friggin' Roady's Humanitarian Bowl.
12-16-2008 02:52 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Hey, Maryland hit 600 total tickets sold to Boise this week, Rebel!
12-16-2008 03:01 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Rebel Wrote:
Terpy Wrote:

03-nutkick

What was "actually" posted:

Quote:
Uh, we're talking about Iowa State here not Nebraska. Iowa State is one of those dead end ijobs just like Mississippi State.

BTW, last time I checked, the Cotton Bowl is head and shoulders over the friggin' Roady's Humanitarian Bowl.

My point was Ole Miss is just a shade above Miss State in terms of college football relevance, which is probably why you always pick whichever SEC is hot to pimp all year. *cough*georgia*cough*

Look its a joke I changed the text in the quote to take a cheap shot at your team.

Last I checked Ole Miss hadn't won an SEC championship since the Kennedy Administration.
12-16-2008 04:39 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
mlb Wrote:Hey, Maryland hit 600 total tickets sold to Boise this week, Rebel!
Yeah and your team is going to lose to Sean Glennon LOL
12-16-2008 04:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.