Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lack of Toughness......
Bookmark and Share
BringBackthe Glory Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcat Nation
Sad Lack of Toughness......
That is it IMO. The talent is there clearly. This team has to be relentless on defense. This team has to guard every pass relentlessly. This team has to attack the boards relentlessly. They have to take it personal when the other team scores and IMO they have to get in better shape. This game could have been won, UC had X reeling simply because they contested EVERYTHING. When you don't contest everything you make it easier for any team but especially VERY good teams to score.....and X is very good make no mistake about it.

I think Bilas even touched on it when UC FINALLY decided they were going to play hard....alluding to the Huggins teams style of play. You play relentlessly on both ends of the floor and more often than not you are going to win. I am really concerned though about these players huffing and puffing, that is not good IMO. Who is to blame? I won't give my opinion on that, I will just read what others may say. But UC should have won this game IMO.03-banghead 03-puke

gregg

12-13-2008 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: Lack of Toughness......
Just shocked. Mr. Sunshine brought up Huggins in a basketball thread. Wonders never cease. Neither does his incessant whining.

12-13-2008 11:01 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
UC was not ready to play tonight, and they lack toughness. I think UC will have a losing record in the Big East and they lack focus as the year goes on. X pushed them all over the court tonight. Bad coaching bad effort bad results.

12-13-2008 11:06 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
I thought the toughness showed when they clawed back into the game after a piss poor first half. Players with more experience like Brown, Raymond, and Love will hold off a comeback like that.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2008 11:09 PM by subflea.)
12-13-2008 11:08 PM
bearcat PACO Offline
Banned

I Root For: June 1st 2009
take away the terrible 16-5 XU lead early and we outscored em 61-60, its the start that killed us

12-13-2008 11:10 PM
Special Teams

rath v2.0 Wrote:Just shocked. Mr. Sunshine brought up Huggins in a basketball thread. Wonders never cease. Neither does his incessant whining.

No Rath <shaking my head> Jay Bilas said it. OK I guess I will just change my tune even though I know different and just start agreeing with literally everything you say and then I will not be whining and I will be correct just like you in everything you say. Not. <sigh>

12-13-2008 11:16 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

subflea Wrote:I thought the toughness showed when they clawed back into the game after a piss poor first half. Players with more experience like Brown, Raymond, and Love will hold off a comeback like that.

X wanted more.

12-13-2008 11:18 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
BringbackTheGloryhole - You'll change your tune about the same time Chatter does. I won't hold my breath.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2008 11:23 PM by rath v2.0.)
12-13-2008 11:22 PM
Special Teams

subflea Wrote:I thought the toughness showed when they clawed back into the game after a piss poor first half. Players with more experience like Brown, Raymond, and Love will hold off a comeback like that.

I actually agree with Flea because he agreed 'partly' with me.:ncaabbs: Even with the experience of X........IMO they could have won they simply lost their composure and didn't give the same kind of effort that got them close. They have to get tough Subflea and Rath....you guys know what I mean - you have watched the program as long as I have so I know you see what I do. I guess I will agree with Mick and say they lack experience but then say it shouldn't matter. That is what Mick says but apparently no one agrees with him but me. <shoulder shrug>

gregg

12-13-2008 11:24 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
BringBackthe Glory Wrote:

I actually agree with Flea because he agreed 'partly' with me.:ncaabbs: Even with the experience of X........IMO they could have won they simply lost their composure and didn't give the same kind of effort that got them close. They have to get tough Subflea and Rath....you guys know what I mean - you have watched the program as long as I have so I know you see what I do. I guess I will agree with Mick and say they lack experience but then say it shouldn't matter. That is what Mick says but apparently no one agrees with him but me. <shoulder shrug>

gregg

Toughness doesn't come overnight. With more experience, the toughness will come. You can see it in Vaughn.

12-13-2008 11:32 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

subflea Wrote:

Vaughn is great for the 3rd year in a row, too bad nobody else is.
gregg

Toughness doesn't come overnight. With more experience, the toughness will come. You can see it in Vaughn.

12-13-2008 11:34 PM
Advertisement

mrstealz012 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
SuperFlyBCat Wrote:UC was not ready to play tonight, and they lack toughness. I think UC will have a losing record in the Big East and they lack focus as the year goes on.

wasn't this the only game you've watched all year so far, super? i'm not saying you're wrong in predicting a losing record in the big east, but isn't your sample size pretty small? that team we just played (and i hate to admit it) would finish pretty high in the big east... easily top 6 or so. UC got punched in the mouth tonight, and they responded too late. mick took full ownership when talking to dan and chuck, and i was glad to hear it. that is partially on the coach when your team comes out with the deer in headlights look on the national stage in your own building. we did improve as the game went on though, and had multiple chances to draw even after being down as many as 16 to a good team. hopefully they take it as a lesson learned and improve some more. with some more games coming up on tv, i hope you and everyone else get to see that improvement more often on the tube...

12-13-2008 11:37 PM
Special Teams

rath v2.0 Wrote:BringbackTheGloryhole - You'll change your tune about the same time Chatter does. I won't hold my breath.

I made a mistake, all this time I thought you were a mod but I just noticed you weren't. That is why you can make the comment you just did in reference to my screen name without fear of retribution. Here is the part that kind of makes me wonder about you now....lol. I am 42 yrs. old and I just learned that term not even three years ago. I am sure you have known it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy longer than I. 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 02-13-banana Be careful in what you say Rath because FWIW I know what that means now and I now look at you different or maybe the "receiver" of such places that you have proved you know all about. 03-nutkick Maybe a bad experience at one....Bwahahahaha!

12-13-2008 11:49 PM
Special Teams

subflea Wrote:

gregg

I agree. Can you believe it. Twice in one night. Maybe a new beginning 04-cheers But now I have an evil person in the name of Wrath talking about "Glory Holes" of all things there....heh...I think he has "slipped" so too speak.

12-13-2008 11:53 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Take note: Stupid and quarrelsome are ugly sisters.

12-13-2008 11:55 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

mrstealz012 Wrote:
SuperFlyBCat Wrote:UC was not ready to play tonight, and they lack toughness. I think UC will have a losing record in the Big East and they lack focus as the year goes on.

wasn't this the only game you've watched all year so far, super? i'm not saying you're wrong in predicting a losing record in the big east, but isn't your sample size pretty small? that team we just played (and i hate to admit it) would finish pretty high in the big east... easily top 6 or so. UC got punched in the mouth tonight, and they responded too late. mick took full ownership when talking to dan and chuck, and i was glad to hear it. that is partially on the coach when your team comes out with the deer in headlights look on the national stage in your own building. we did improve as the game went on though, and had multiple chances to draw even after being down as many as 16 to a good team. hopefully they take it as a lesson learned and improve some more. with some more games coming up on tv, i hope you and everyone else get to see that improvement more often on the tube...

From where I grew up you never take the first punch, you deliver it.
Mick is a great recruiter, much better than Huggs, not sure he can get UC into the NCAA 14 years in a row?, much less this year or next. No team comes into your place and pushes you around ever. I like Mick, but I don't think he has the balls to carry this program long term.

12-14-2008 12:01 AM
Advertisement

Special Teams

rath v2.0 Wrote:Take note: Stupid and quarrelsome are ugly sisters.

03-lmfao You are trying to "get out of it" so too speak. I wonder - really wonder- how you would know what that term means? You want to know how I know what that term means? I'm going to tell you anyway...lol....as an avid shortwave radio listener there are times "people in my hobby" like to get away from RF. I would frequent a particular park and setup my equipment and longwires and log my faraway countries and transmissions that I copied. It took me FIVE FREEKING YEARS and a very nice park ranger to explain to me why cars would "drive around" and many guys would seem to always want to frequent the bathrooms...lol. See Rath - when you don't think like you do....you simply do not know or wouldn't even know that term. When I hear or see the word "Glory" I think of God/Heaven/My country or making things great like they used to be. You on the other hand...lol....think of sticking you p*n*s into a hole in a public setting and having another man suck you off.01-wingedeagle <Shaking my Head> Maybe we are a tad more different than I thought.03-lmfao Just remember, you were the one who started this not me. I want the hoops program to "Bring Back the Glory" you on the other hand want..........well you know what you want. <sadly shaking my head>

gregg

12-14-2008 12:12 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
I'll give you another old country saying to mull over, Joy Boy:

Never corner something in the woods meaner than you.

12-14-2008 12:21 AM
Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
might include a dude named "Gre" who is plenty pissed off and looking to figure out who swiped his "g".

12-14-2008 01:00 AM
mrstealz012 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
SuperFlyBCat Wrote:
mrstealz012 Wrote:

From where I grew up you never take the first punch, you deliver it.
Mick is a great recruiter, much better than Huggs, not sure he can get UC into the NCAA 14 years in a row?, much less this year or next. No team comes into your place and pushes you around ever. I like Mick, but I don't think he has the balls to carry this program long term.

i agree, it's never good to get punched in the mouth from Jump Street, but it happened. it happens to all coaches, even happened to huggs when he was here. i suppose you were this pissed off when huggs' WVU team got blasted early by UC in Morgantown. according to your stance, they should've protected their gym in the land of the toothless. hell, according to that theory, no team should lose a home game, as that would be getting pushed around on your home floor. we're a young team with little experience (not an excuse, a fact) and many of the kids playing tonight on both teams didn't know what to expect. it happens to every team. you're playing a team that came off an elite 8 appearance last year, and while missing some key players from last year X still has a decent starting lineup with experience. in short, they've been in a big game atmosphere before, a lot of our players haven't. we played scared, and the score early on showed it. i see you placing a lot of blame on mick for how his players played early on (mick took full blame for that by the way), but not a lot of credit for taking that punch and coming back... i guess you'd argue we should've never been down that much in the first place, but it's irrelevent. it happened. i was happy they at least made a game of it and had a chance to win after that awful start against a very good X team. i don't really want to start a dialogue about if mick can do what huggs did at UC. that's not the standard i hold him to for a variety of reasons. i'll simply say i doubt he can, and the conference affiliation alone probably says he won't. how many coaches in this beast of a conference have gone to 14 tournaments in a row while in this league? not many if any. so is the nature of the big east. i got a feeling if that is what you need to happen to legitimize being a successful program and support this team and coach, you're going to be disappointed. but feel how you want to feel about cronin. i doubt he's going anywhere anytime soon and huggs isn't coming back, so i'd imagine you'd be holding those ill-willed feelings for awhile. as i said earlier, this is the first game you've watched the team play. it happened to be a bad overall performance against a top 10 team. i would suggest tuning in on monday night and see if the way they play or how mick coaches brightens your outlook a little bit.....

12-14-2008 02:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.