Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bengals Won
Bookmark and Share
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
Bengals Won
Brown probably yelled at them before the game and demanded they win to hurt their draft position. He can't be happy with the possibility of paying top 5 money!

12-14-2008 05:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

THE BearcatBrent Offline
Nancy WAS wrong.................

I Root For: who I want
RE: Bengals Won
I think they would end up about 6th in the Big East.

12-15-2008 06:25 AM
beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
Look, we all know they suck and why they suck, but there are a number of guys laying it out week after week, especially on our budget price defense. I think you could cut them a little slack this week, that was a good effort for once.

12-15-2008 08:33 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
The defense has some good players, and if that pathetic offense can move the ball and score a little the team can be ok (not playoff ok but win a few games). Even with Palmer the team started 0-4. What is interesting is that some of guys they got off of the street (Chris Crocker, Cedric Benson) are as good if not better than the starters, which tells something about how poor the team evaluates talent.

12-15-2008 08:46 AM
Advertisement

THE BearcatBrent Offline

beck Wrote:I think you could cut them a little slack this week, that was a good effort for once.

I did - earlier I would have said they would have finished 8th!

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

12-15-2008 09:41 AM
beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
It is just like them to go on a run when nothing matters and equally like them to d4rop three when one win puts them in the playoffs. I'm sure they will now win their last two.
I like the youjng defensive talent and the new scheme, but where in the hell are our safeties? The way Hall hits and tackles I say move him to S and get another corner.

12-15-2008 11:09 AM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
Realistically, the Bengals defense is not that far off from being an effective unit. Add to it the return of Geathers, JJ and Rivers and things aren't looking bad. They desperately need an edge rusher that can take pressure off Geathers. Geathers can be effective, but you can't count on him to get to the QB when every opponent knows he's the only guy you have to watch. JJ is fine and Rivers is going to be a beast. Add a big-time MLB and an edge rusher. On offense, add an OT (either big-time SEC tackle is acceptable) and a C.

12-15-2008 11:27 AM
Advertisement

THE BearcatBrent Offline

I've watched Sims develop - he is a player to watch. I saw Shirley in the game yesterday too.

Crocker had a nice game yesterday - as far as the edge goes, Odom was to be that guy along with Geathers.

I also agree on getting another stud OT and a monster center; 1 and 1a should be the draft order.

The good news is that next year they play the AFC west and the NFC north divisions.

12-15-2008 11:51 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
THE BearcatBrent Wrote:I've watched Sims develop - he is a player to watch. I saw Shirley in the game yesterday too.

Crocker had a nice game yesterday - as far as the edge goes, Odom was to be that guy along with Geathers.

I also agree on getting another stud OT and a monster center; 1 and 1a should be the draft order.

The good news is that next year they play the AFC west and the NFC north divisions.

If they can't get the OT they really want, and they probably can get that tackle, then trade your top pick and draft as many OL as possible. Everybody loves Ohler at Ole Miss (there is even a best selling book about this kid and how he ended up at Ole Miss, it is a good read).

12-15-2008 11:56 AM
beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
Fly. Please don't try to reason with the Bengals, it won't work. They will draft a rb and he'll get hurt.

Seriously, if I were MB and able to find partners in this I would trade my high number one to a team that had two number ones for those picks and a second either this year or next and a third this year.
I would then trade the lower of the first round picks for a second,third and fifth this year, or for a second and fourth this year and their first round pick next year. We need quality but we also need numbers.

Banging on guy-check seems to be common here and he does get blown off of the ball pretty often, but I think he has improved in the last three or four games. I would rather have a road grader in there with the smarts to coordinate our blocking schemes ( do we have any?) but we need OT,pass rusher and big ass , ass kicking S also. Daniel Coates can not block or catch. He proves that every week, so we also need a Lorenzo Neal jr if one is out there.
I think the first things we need to do are to sign Benson and TJ. The we can only w=hope Mikey doesn't screw it all up.

12-16-2008 08:41 AM
Advertisement

levydl Offline
All American

I Root For:
beck Wrote:Fly. Please don't try to reason with the Bengals, it won't work. They will draft a rb and he'll get hurt.

Seriously, if I were MB and able to find partners in this I would trade my high number one to a team that had two number ones for those picks and a second either this year or next and a third this year.
I would then trade the lower of the first round picks for a second,third and fifth this year, or for a second and fourth this year and their first round pick next year. We need quality but we also need numbers.

The number 3 or 4 pick for 2 1st rounders, a 2nd this year or next, and a third this year? See if they'll throw in Tom Brady too.

12-16-2008 10:16 AM
THE BearcatBrent Offline

beck Wrote:Banging on guy-check seems to be common here and he does get blown off of the ball pretty often, but I think he has improved in the last three or four games. I would rather have a road grader in there with the smarts to coordinate our blocking schemes ( do we have any?) but we need OT,pass rusher and big ass , ass kicking S also. Daniel Coates can not block or catch. He proves that every week, so we also need a Lorenzo Neal jr if one is out there.
I think the first things we need to do are to sign Benson and TJ. The we can only w=hope Mikey doesn't screw it all up.

I could see one of the OT's (Monroe, Jason or Andre Smith or Oher) in round one, and the two top centers of Mack and Unger should be around in top of round two. Unger maybe not -

Would you draft ILB Maualuga in the first round????????? Great talent - but off-field issues. Knows Rivers well.

12-16-2008 11:44 AM
beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
Levy. people have paid more than that. What did we turn down so we could draft Akili Smith? Was that when Ditka wanted Ricky Williams? If nobody wantss to move up that badly the deal won't work. If they want to , they will. I would listen to counter offers involving either picks or players.
Shoot, we turned down the Skins offer of a first round this year and most likely a first round next year when they wanted 85.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2008 03:33 PM by beck.)
12-16-2008 03:32 PM
Advertisement

levydl Offline
All American

I Root For:
beck Wrote:Levy. people have paid more than that. What did we turn down so we could draft Akili Smith? Was that when Ditka wanted Ricky Williams? If nobody wantss to move up that badly the deal won't work. If they want to , they will. I would listen to counter offers involving either picks or players.
Shoot, we turned down the Skins offer of a first round this year and most likely a first round next year when they wanted 85.

The Ricky Williams thing was not the norm. Neither was the Herschal Walker one. And I don't think there's anyone in this draft that would get a team to do something like that.

I thought the Bengals should have done the deal with Wash. for Chad (and I love Chad). But even that was a 1st this year and a conditional pick next year (it wouldn't be a 1st rounder with the numbers Chad put up this year, but who knows where he'd be if he played for Wash.), not 2 first, a second, and a third.

This draft isn't top heavy. Teams don't want the 3rd or 4th pick when they can have the 15th-19th for 1/3 or half of the money. Sure, you listen to offers, but I don't see there being any that are anywhere close to what you present.

12-16-2008 03:59 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Coopdaddy67 Wrote:Brown probably yelled at them before the game and demanded they win to hurt their draft position. He can't be happy with the possibility of paying top 5 money!
Ahhhh... the motivational power of Mikey is sooooo... underestimated!
beck Wrote:It is just like them to go on a run when nothing matters and equally like them to d4rop three when one win puts them in the playoffs. I'm sure they will now win their last two.
I've seen that shat since 1984, save 2-3 years.
beck Wrote:Fly. Please don't try to reason with the Bengals, it won't work.
Absolutely Beck. That's the only realistic approach with the Bengals.

12-16-2008 07:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.