Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BCS Busters
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
BCS Busters
Some bowl pickin' for the potential and real "BCS Busters":

TCU, Utah, and BYU are the product of soft schedules. BYU will either win close or outright lose to Arizona. Utah will get totally floored by Bama.

Boise State is the best non-BCS team. They beat a quality Oregon team. They will handle TCU.
12-20-2008 06:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: BCS Busters
Boise should have gotten a BCS bid over Ohio State. That's for sure. But the Big Tin has always benefitted from the BCS... 07-coffee3
12-20-2008 10:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

1 for 1 after Arizona handled BYU.
12-20-2008 11:16 PM
rteynor Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(12-20-2008 10:24 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Boise should have gotten a BCS bid over Ohio State. That's for sure. But the Big Tin has always benefitted from the BCS... 07-coffee3

Doesn't matter, Texas would've handled either one...and Ohio State will bring more fans and more money. (Personally, I think Utah should've played Texas and Ohio State should've been matched up with Alabama...I think those would've been better games.)

What about Cincinnati and Va Tech? Cincy is 12th in the BCS standings and Va Tech 19th. Boise is a lot higher than either one of them. If the goal of the BCS is to bring together the best teams in the nation to play each other, then Boise & Texas Tech should've made it ahead of Cincy and VT.

College football is not about who deserves what, or giving fans what they really want to see (*cough* playoff - real national champion). College football is about money. Nothing more, nothing less. Watch the games they give you and like it. It's going to get worse before it gets better, ESPN is taking over the BCS broadcast rights, and will have final say in who gets to go to which BCS game.
12-23-2008 09:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RC Horn Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Texas
I didn't really care who we played in the Fiesta Bowl whether it be Utah, Boise State, or Ohio State. I'm extremely confident that we'll be able to handle those teams. We would absolutely maul Utah and Boise State. The last thing those Mid Major programs want to face is a pissed off Texas team in a bowl game.
12-23-2008 11:37 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(12-23-2008 09:45 AM)rteynor Wrote:  
(12-20-2008 10:24 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Boise should have gotten a BCS bid over Ohio State. That's for sure. But the Big Tin has always benefitted from the BCS... 07-coffee3
Doesn't matter, Texas would've handled either one...and Ohio State will bring more fans and more money. (Personally, I think Utah should've played Texas and Ohio State should've been matched up with Alabama...I think those would've been better games.)

What about Cincinnati and Va Tech? Cincy is 12th in the BCS standings and Va Tech 19th. Boise is a lot higher than either one of them. If the goal of the BCS is to bring together the best teams in the nation to play each other, then Boise & Texas Tech should've made it ahead of Cincy and VT.

College football is not about who deserves what, or giving fans what they really want to see (*cough* playoff - real national champion). College football is about money. Nothing more, nothing less. Watch the games they give you and like it. It's going to get worse before it gets better, ESPN is taking over the BCS broadcast rights, and will have final say in who gets to go to which BCS game.
Better yet, Boise plays Texas, and Alabama is still matched against Utah. That's what the matchups SHOULD be...

If Ohio State has to be in the BCS, they should get the opportunity to be embarrased by Utah. It would be a fitting memorial for the Big Tin... 07-coffee3
12-23-2008 12:34 PM
Advertisement

Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
its really funny when someone who roots for a big east school picks on the big 10.
12-23-2008 05:06 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

If the Big Tin would win a BCS game once in a while they wouldn't make such an inviting target...
12-23-2008 06:08 PM
rteynor Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Boise St couldn't even handle TCU....let alone Texas.

The "system" works.
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2008 10:14 AM by rteynor.)
12-24-2008 10:13 AM
Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Duke Blue Devil
(12-24-2008 10:13 AM)rteynor Wrote:  Boise St couldn't even handle TCU....let alone Texas.

The "system" works.

a system that takes the determination of a national championship out of the field of play and puts it in the hands of computer, coaches votes, or reporters votes does NOT work.
12-24-2008 10:44 AM

(12-24-2008 10:13 AM)rteynor Wrote:  Boise St couldn't even handle TCU....let alone Texas.

The "system" works.

Missing: One offense

If found, please contact the Boise State athletic department.

That was the most uninspiring, poorly executed offensive gameplan I've seen from BSU in some time.
12-24-2008 11:54 AM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(12-24-2008 11:54 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

The "system" works.

Missing: One offense

If found, please contact the Boise State athletic department.

That was the most uninspiring, poorly executed offensive gameplan I've seen from BSU in some time.

Boise is and has been a trick play offense. When they run into a good tough fast defense, they get lost. They caught OK off gaurd a couple of years ago, but that doesn't happen anymore. Also, they have issues playing purple teams in bowl games.
12-24-2008 02:41 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
(12-23-2008 05:06 PM)Terpy Wrote:  its really funny when someone who roots for a big east school picks on the big 10.

No offense, but the ACC's recent record in BCS bowls is horrific. The Big East is smoking you!
12-24-2008 02:45 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

It's zero BCS wins for the ACC in the 21st Century...
12-24-2008 03:25 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
(12-24-2008 03:25 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  It's zero BCS wins for the ACC in the 21st Century...

LOL, don't confuse Terpy with facts.
12-24-2008 03:45 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-24-2008 02:45 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  
(12-23-2008 05:06 PM)Terpy Wrote:  its really funny when someone who roots for a big east school picks on the big 10.

No offense, but the ACC's recent record in BCS bowls is horrific. The Big East is smoking you!

once again it appears as if someone never reads my posts.

You will have a hard time finding a post in which I praise ACC football ever anywhere.

I dont see why you people dont get it. Im the first one to bash ACC football in every thread. Expansion was a horrible idea and we are worse off than we were before in terms of football. The awful pre expansion teams in the ACC still arent good enough to beat the quickly fading new comers and the new comers arent nearly as good as they used to be.

I challenge any of you clowns to find a post in which I have praised ACC football. Just go ahead.

Maybe I should just add a signiture saying ACC football is ridiculously bad so I wouldnt have to address these retarded posts anymore.
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2008 05:27 PM by Terpy.)
12-24-2008 05:25 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

No. The conversation didn't start out picking on the ACC. It started out picking on the Big Tin. And as we'll all agree, that derision is justified. It will be proven out again in the Rose and Fiesta Bowls...
12-25-2008 01:36 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I know some of you enjoy watching the non-bcs fail but all those who complain that the non-bcs teams do not play a tough enough schedule need to STFU unless you go schedule them. Go play one at THEIR place.

I get sick of the BCS people crying about the weak schedules but then some refuse to play them, much less at their place. Give Texas credit for playing UTEP in El Paso. They have balls.

Some of the bcs teams ooc schedules are a joke. I hear, oh our conference schedule is tough enough. Bullspit. Some of those BCS leagues are top heavy and have some leeches that are just along for the ride.

The BCS is a joke, it should be open for everyone or get a 16 team playoff. Anything less than 16 is a joke as well. The monopoly needs to be broken up.

rant over.
12-25-2008 01:38 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(12-23-2008 09:45 AM)rteynor Wrote:  [quote='bitcruncher' pid='3838497' dateline='1229829861']
If the goal of the BCS is to bring together the best teams in the nation to play each other, then Boise & Texas Tech should've made it ahead of Cincy and VT.

The only goal of the BCS is to have #1 play #2. The other bowls are just supposed to be matchups of good teams, not always the best teams.
12-25-2008 03:07 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

The only goal of the BCS is to keep the majority of the money in college football in the hands of those who've always had all the money. That is the only goal of the BCS...
12-25-2008 06:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.