12-22-2008 10:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Another useless war?
Well, if handguns were more readily available, they could protect themselves.

But, I don't understand why these people aren't simply more tolerant toward the people who shoot them.
12-22-2008 10:18 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
War is the health of the state. It doesn't have to be against other nations with bombs. It can be a costly, manpower wasting, war on drugs. Or war on prostitution. Or war on "education".

Speaking of war on education ... did anybody listen to this week's No Agenda? Dvorak had a very interesting story about top brass during the LBJ days. Apparently LBJ wanted to declare marshall law and suspend the Constitution three times over riots in colleges. The conclusion the military top brass reached was "An educated population is uncontrollable." The correlation is that America's academics have steadily declined since the LBJ administration.

When I have some time I'll have to look into it further. It sounds very interesting, and I don't think I'd be all that shocked if it were true.
12-22-2008 10:22 AM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Financial transactions between consenting "adults" should not be criminal acts as long as it does not involve harm to others.

I don't advocate prostitution as a job...but...I don't want to put people in cages that engage in it.

Prohibition of non-violent,consentual activities has been shown to be a flawed concept. It creates a black market that is run by violent people and increases the danger to both parties engaged in the pursuit of the goods or services. Its time to put down the guns.
12-22-2008 11:01 AM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
Fo Shizzle Wrote:Financial transactions between consenting "adults" should not be criminal acts as long as it does not involve harm to others.

I don't advocate prostitution as a job...but...I don't want to put people in cages that engage in it.

I'm having trouble reconciling these two statements.

[Image: 610x.jpg]
12-22-2008 12:33 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Prostitution is legal in many European countries. Before any transactions are completed, the prostitute must show her card, showing her health status (STDs, etc.). This protects the prostitute, and the client. Several of these nations are also starting to require the client provide similar health status, further protecting those involved in this business. Regulations of this nature can slow the spread of Hepatitis (pandemic, or world-wide epidemic #1), AIDS, syphillis, gonorreah, and many other diseases. It also makes prostitutes less apt to be prey for drug addicts, murderers, thieves, and other assorted lowlifes.

Whenever you legalize an activity, you can regulate it, tax it, and control it - instead of spending vast sums to fight it.

How is this not a good thing?
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2008 12:42 PM by bitcruncher.)
12-22-2008 12:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
I've always debated the prostitution issue in my mind. On one hand having street walkers and a whorehouse in my neighborhood would be a bad thing. But if I have sex with a complete stranger for free there's no foul, but hand her a twenty and I've committed a crime.
12-22-2008 12:53 PM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
I thought the last 2 wars were useful. 1.) Fighting terra 2.)Givin' the Iraqis the taste of freedom.
12-22-2008 01:34 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
I've experienced prostitution at its finest... its called "Dating a Rice Woman"....
12-23-2008 07:53 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(12-22-2008 12:33 PM)I45owl Wrote:  
Fo Shizzle Wrote:Financial transactions between consenting "adults" should not be criminal acts as long as it does not involve harm to others.

I'm having trouble reconciling these two statements.

[Image: 610x.jpg]

and I'm scared to ask WTF is going on in this pic.03-lmfao
12-23-2008 07:57 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(12-23-2008 07:53 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  I've experienced prostitution at its finest... its called "Dating a Rice Woman"....
I've got that one topped. I've got 2 ex-wives. I don't remember their names. I just call 'em plaintiff... 03-banghead
12-23-2008 09:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.