Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

zomg
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
zomg
i assume most of yall have seen this by now but whatever its awesome so Im sure you wont mind seeing it again

07-22-2009 05:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: zomg
Niice... and that beat is pretty cool too.
07-22-2009 09:14 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
shows you what kind of an idiot iverson is. his speech is so infantile that you can easily make a cheap rap song out of it
07-22-2009 09:15 PM
Advertisement

Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
lol swoosh I should have known that you would respond with something like that
07-23-2009 03:48 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(07-23-2009 03:48 PM)Terpy Wrote:  lol swoosh I should have known that you would respond with something like that

i remember hearing an interview with him when he was first drafted and i literally could only understand every other word. It was really sad.

but you and i both know iverson's a fool. one of the most overrated players ever, if you consider how destructive he is to team chemistry. They said when he was in denver, carmelo and JR smith would follow him everywhere and they'd end up partying late at night, all the time. When they got rid of AI and got billups, the first thing the latter did was sit the two kids down and tell them there'd be no more of this staying out late BS. Plus, billups made the offense that much better. He's out to make the team better, while AI is just looking out for AI. You heard what he said about practice. We all know It's an incredibly important thing, but not for AI. No, he's way too good for that
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2009 04:39 PM by flyingswoosh.)
07-23-2009 04:36 PM
Advertisement

Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Iverson is probably my all time favorite NBA player and Chauncy Billups may be number 2. What Iverson accomplished with that turd heap of a team in 2001 was nothing short of amazing. He gives it his all everytime on the court. I dont think what happened in Denver or even Detroit was completely his fault. In Denver George Karl decided that he wasnt even going to try to play hard defense with his team full of offensive stars, I dont really think that is Iverson's fault. In Detroit Chauncy was the glue that held everyone together I think it was obvious that they were finished when they traded him regardless of who they brought in to replace him.

Now Im not saying Iverson is without blame but I just dont think he is selfish team wrecking player you make him out to be.
07-23-2009 05:52 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(07-23-2009 05:52 PM)Terpy Wrote:  Iverson is probably my all time favorite NBA player and Chauncy Billups may be number 2. What Iverson accomplished with that turd heap of a team in 2001 was nothing short of amazing. He gives it his all everytime on the court. I dont think what happened in Denver or even Detroit was completely his fault. In Denver George Karl decided that he wasnt even going to try to play hard defense with his team full of offensive stars, I dont really think that is Iverson's fault. In Detroit Chauncy was the glue that held everyone together I think it was obvious that they were finished when they traded him regardless of who they brought in to replace him.

Now Im not saying Iverson is without blame but I just dont think he is selfish team wrecking player you make him out to be.

could you have two favorite players who are less alike? Don't get me wrong, iverson was always a get player, but he was a selfish piece of crap. He was completely overrated, not just offensively but defensively too. He could guard people, but everyone thought all his steals were a result of great man defense. Please, he just played the passing lanes really well.

the eastern conference sucked that season. The bucks had the next best record. That team wasn't so special. Iverson's been a joke for the past 5 years. He's been run out of everywhere because he always has to be the man. that's what got marbury out of minnesota and it's what tarnishes iverson's career.
07-23-2009 06:15 PM
Advertisement

Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(07-23-2009 06:15 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(07-23-2009 05:52 PM)Terpy Wrote:  Iverson is probably my all time favorite NBA player and Chauncy Billups may be number 2. What Iverson accomplished with that turd heap of a team in 2001 was nothing short of amazing. He gives it his all everytime on the court. I dont think what happened in Denver or even Detroit was completely his fault. In Denver George Karl decided that he wasnt even going to try to play hard defense with his team full of offensive stars, I dont really think that is Iverson's fault. In Detroit Chauncy was the glue that held everyone together I think it was obvious that they were finished when they traded him regardless of who they brought in to replace him.

could you have two favorite players who are less alike? Don't get me wrong, iverson was always a get player, but he was a selfish piece of crap. He was completely overrated, not just offensively but defensively too. He could guard people, but everyone thought all his steals were a result of great man defense. Please, he just played the passing lanes really well.

the eastern conference sucked that season. The bucks had the next best record. That team wasn't so special. Iverson's been a joke for the past 5 years. He's been run out of everywhere because he always has to be the man. that's what got marbury out of minnesota and it's what tarnishes iverson's career.

You're missing the point swoosh. That sixers team was special not because of what they did in the regular season in the Eastern Conference but because they were the only team to defeat the Lakers in a playoff game that year. All the great Western Conference teams, Dallas, Sacramento, Utah, San Antonio, none of them could win a single game against the Lakers but the lowly eastern conference sixers beat the Lakers in LA in game 1 of the finals. I dont know if you realize this or not but Dikembe Mutumbo was the second SCORING option on that team.
07-23-2009 06:30 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(07-23-2009 06:30 PM)Terpy Wrote:  
(07-23-2009 06:15 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  

You're missing the point swoosh. That sixers team was special not because of what they did in the regular season in the Eastern Conference but because they were the only team to defeat the Lakers in a playoff game that year. All the great Western Conference teams, Dallas, Sacramento, Utah, San Antonio, none of them could win a single game against the Lakers but the lowly eastern conference sixers beat the Lakers in LA in game 1 of the finals. I dont know if you realize this or not but Dikembe Mutumbo was the second SCORING option on that team.

they were a sh*t team. i get that. and iverson had an amazing season. i get that too. big deal. they beat the lakers in a game. wow, congratulations. so what. doesnt change the fact that he is and was a selfish player. He was one of the pioneers of the current look at me generation. The NBA got so much better when teams stop trying to emulate AI. I remember when he was at the top of his game and the NBA was just a dribble-dribble-dribble and never pass type of game. it's so much better now.
07-23-2009 06:41 PM
Advertisement

Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
You have no idea what you are talking about, Iverson is likely to be in the top 20 for all time assists by the time his career is over.
07-24-2009 07:37 AM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(07-24-2009 07:37 AM)Terpy Wrote:  You have no idea what you are talking about, Iverson is likely to be in the top 20 for all time assists by the time his career is over.

well when the ball is always in your hands that's bound to happen
07-24-2009 08:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.