Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
A friendly reminder
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
A friendly reminder
The Big East message board is fair game in regards to an open exachange of opinions. We may not always agree on where things stand, or what looms in the future, but each poster is entitled to such an opinion.

Some may not have a high opinion of the Big East, and thus are branded a fan of another conference. Others are excessive koolaid drinkers. Most in-between. Each opinion should be valued equally.

Even if someone on here happens to be from another conference, then so what? If people are here to discuss the BE, they are entitled to there view without being subject to personal attacks, or any other form of belittlement. If you disagree with someone, the preferred course of action is to simply debunk what they have to say. We should all welcome the opposing views anyhow (unless it's an outright flame, or the poster is being an absolutely unbearable pain in the a$$). This board would be pretty damn boring without spirited debate.

So, let's put a cap on the personal attacks. This especially goes for those who have accumulated an excessive number of warning points. Rest assured, if someone gets them from me, it is well deserved, and it will always be accompanied by an adequate explanation.
08-27-2010 10:09 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: A friendly reminder
(08-27-2010 10:09 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  Even if someone on here happens to be from another conference, then so what? If people are here to discuss the BE, they are entitled to there view without being subject to personal attacks, or any other form of belittlement.

Amen. The relevant factor should be the content of the post (does it pertain to the Big East or not?), not whether the poster supports a Big East team or not.

I'd rather discuss a Big East issue with a UCLA fan than discuss UCLA with a Rutgers fan. This forum is about the Big East.
08-27-2010 10:33 PM
cuseroc Online
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
RE: A friendly reminder
I agree with both posts. I can not understand why folks get all over someone for bringing up valid points. Theres nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone, as long as you can point out why you disagree and as BJUNKLFKR points out, debunk their reasonings. No need for namecalling.
08-29-2010 10:16 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.