09-01-2010 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
RE: Now Miami wants a yankee game
I know we (Rutgers) have an open-date and it'd be nice to see us not schedule like pansies for once and add a neutral site game to the upcoming series with the U.
09-01-2010 02:42 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
We're one of the schools that have been mentioned as being in talks for a game at NYS.
09-01-2010 08:58 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
(09-01-2010 08:58 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  We're one of the schools that have been mentioned as being in talks for a game at NYS.

No offense, but Owls fan don't go to their own games in their own city, why would anyone want to play a neutral site game against the Owls at Yankee Stadium?

Can't see anyone other than maybe Army wanting that.

Cheers,
Neil
09-01-2010 09:51 PM
Advertisement

JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
(09-01-2010 09:51 PM)omnicarrier Wrote:  
(09-01-2010 08:58 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  We're one of the schools that have been mentioned as being in talks for a game at NYS.

No offense, but Owls fan don't go to their own games in their own city, why would anyone want to play a neutral site game against the Owls at Yankee Stadium?

Cheers,
Neil

21K Temple fans at the last game of the regular season against Kent State.

20K Temple fans in DC for the Bowl Game.

Season tix tripled for this season. Student season tix sales are up.

http://SellOutTemple.com counter currently at just under 22,200 tickets sold, which doesn't include student tix (4K-5K), walk-up tix (10K+), and Nova tix (who knows), so we're looking at at least 36K at the first home game.

We have a huge alumni network in NY/NJ (18K+)

Our attendance may suck historically, but we're making tremendous strides in that regard. Look for 25K+ this season, and 30K+ next season.

We'd be able to at least match our 20K at the EagleBank Bowl at NYS. Go Owls.

By the way: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/coll...game_.html
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2010 10:30 PM by JHG722.)
09-01-2010 10:29 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(09-01-2010 09:51 PM)omnicarrier Wrote:  

Cheers,
Neil

One possibility would be if the other team can basically sell 90% of the tickets (i.e. Penn State, Notre Dame, etc...).

While some neutral site games are Top 20 teams vs other Top 20 teams...others are more lopsided...and used as a gate (i.e. $$$$) to just make money.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2010 05:20 AM by KnightLight.)
09-02-2010 05:12 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
Love to see UCONN take on the Canes in NYC. It will be a sellout for sure.
09-02-2010 08:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
If you read the article carefully, Miami wants the Yankee Stadium game to be a road game that happens to be played at a neutral site as opposed to a true neutral site game (similar to Notre Dame's approach with Navy, Syracuse and a number of other schools). Plenty of schools would play Miami in a one-off neutral site game, but that's not what's being proposed here. The real question is who's willing to move an on-campus home game to Yankee Stadium and have a return road game to Miami?
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2010 09:15 AM by Frank the Tank.)
09-02-2010 09:14 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(09-02-2010 09:14 AM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  If you read the article carefully, Miami wants the Yankee Stadium game to be a road game that happens to be played at a neutral site as opposed to a true neutral site game (similar to Notre Dame's approach with Navy, Syracuse and a number of other schools). Plenty of schools would play Miami in a one-off neutral site game, but that's not what's being proposed here. The real question is who's willing to move an on-campus home game to Yankee Stadium and have a return road game to Miami?

That's why I would hate to see Pitt make this deal, and I fully expect that it would be a non-starter. No way does RU agree to that either since they have to have 7 games/year, and it would be no different than the ND deal that they turned down earlier. The only BE teams I can see doing this would be UCONN (most likely) and possibly Cincy or even USF since both of these schools have shown a willingness to leave their home stadiums for other "home" locations. My money is on UCONN since this would still appear to be a home game based on their location.
09-02-2010 09:53 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-02-2010 09:53 AM)miko33 Wrote:  
(09-02-2010 09:14 AM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  If you read the article carefully, Miami wants the Yankee Stadium game to be a road game that happens to be played at a neutral site as opposed to a true neutral site game (similar to Notre Dame's approach with Navy, Syracuse and a number of other schools). Plenty of schools would play Miami in a one-off neutral site game, but that's not what's being proposed here. The real question is who's willing to move an on-campus home game to Yankee Stadium and have a return road game to Miami?

That's why I would hate to see Pitt make this deal, and I fully expect that it would be a non-starter. No way does RU agree to that either since they have to have 7 games/year, and it would be no different than the ND deal that they turned down earlier. The only BE teams I can see doing this would be UCONN (most likely) and possibly Cincy or even USF since both of these schools have shown a willingness to leave their home stadiums for other "home" locations. My money is on UCONN since this would still appear to be a home game based on their location.

Why would USF do that when we are already playing Miami that year as part of a home-home?
09-02-2010 09:57 AM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

Although I won't mind playing Miami at the Yankee, but maybe as a 3rd neutral site game in a 1-1-1. Why would UCONN give up a home game here? They might do it for ND and Miami is no ND. UCONN also got Michigan and Tenn coming to the Rent with both having much greater fan drawing power than Miami.

However, NYC is next to CT. It would be good exposure for UCONN to get exposure in NYC. I guess we just have to see what UCONN AD is willing to do.
09-02-2010 10:28 AM
furmbeezle Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: me

UConn, or Syracuse.
09-02-2010 11:29 AM
zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
It's not going to be Syracuse. SU is already playing Penn State in New Jersey and has road games with Northwestern and Judas.
09-02-2010 11:36 AM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(09-02-2010 11:29 AM)furmbeezle Wrote:  

UConn, or Syracuse.

I wonder if furmbeezle and firmbizzle are one in the same.
09-02-2010 12:04 PM
dogma Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USF

Uhh...wow.
1) We (USF) already have Miami in the middle of a home/home 6 game deal
2) Enlighten me on when USF has "shown a willingness to leave their home stadiums for other "home" locations."
09-03-2010 12:00 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.