Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Houston part duex
UHCougar07 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Houston
Houston part duex
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=215&f=2804&t=6936718

Just wanted to let you all in on the info being passed around.
02-13-banana
12-26-2010 12:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

krux Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisville
RE: Houston part duex
Need a subscription to view that.
12-26-2010 12:42 PM
UHCougar07 Offline
2nd String

Really? I think if you register then you can gain access. It is a free board.
12-26-2010 12:44 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Can't get on.
12-26-2010 12:49 PM
UHCougar07 Offline
2nd String

(12-26-2010 12:49 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  Can't get on.

I don't know why. I have a user name, but I do not have a subscription. If you have a user name to any Scout.com site you should be able to access the board. If they are wanting approval, the site moderator just posted this thread a few minutes ago so he online and can approve you.
12-26-2010 12:51 PM
krux Offline
Banned

If it's free just copy and paste it here
12-26-2010 12:55 PM
Advertisement

swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Just tell us what it says.
12-26-2010 12:55 PM
TRest Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UConn
(12-26-2010 12:55 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  Just tell us what it says.

Posted: Today 8:54 AM
What I'm hearing from Providence.... Post Rating (1 vote)
I've been getting a lot of PMS on what I've been hearing on the BE. First let me make this clear that none of this is locked. I hesitate to post anything because this is all just rumor, but it is from a good source.

Word is that if the BE is given the go ahead by the NCAA to have a championship game with 10 teams, they will add one more for 2012. If they don;t, then they will likely just stay at 9 teams until Nova is ready to jump. When that happens then both UH and UCF will get invites to get to 12 teams.

If they can have a playoff then it is between UCF and UH as to who will get the nod in 2012.

Word is that that the majority of BE programs would like to add UH over UCF, but there is concern over our facilities. If we can break ground on our new stadium then this will help our case. But not to be concerned, because if we can't then we will get in NLT 2014.

Support to bring UH in ahead of UCF in 2012 has gained momentium since TCU accepted the invite. There are many reasons for this. TCU would rather have UH than UCF.... USF would like more time without UCF in the conference.... BE teams are less concerned about travel expenses.... The only thing holding us back now is our facilities.

Happy New Year.

No offense to UH fans, but not my first choice or 2.
12-26-2010 12:58 PM
loki_the_bubba Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
A CCG game with fewer than 12 teams would require a vote and rule change by all of D1, both FCS and FBS. There is no real constituency for that to happen. Anything predicated on that should be taken with a mine of salt.
12-26-2010 01:06 PM
UHCougar07 Offline
2nd String

(12-26-2010 01:06 PM)loki_the_bubba Wrote:  A CCG game with fewer than 12 teams would require a vote and rule change by all of D1, both FCS and FBS. There is no real constituency for that to happen. Anything predicated on that should be taken with a mine of salt.

Well you have the Big XII -2 pushing for the same thing, so there can be some outside support to help the Big East maneuver.

Obviously they understand that it is not up to them and they will react as the news unfolds.
12-26-2010 01:10 PM
loki_the_bubba Offline
Heisman

(12-26-2010 01:10 PM)UHCougar07 Wrote:  
(12-26-2010 01:06 PM)loki_the_bubba Wrote:  A CCG game with fewer than 12 teams would require a vote and rule change by all of D1, both FCS and FBS. There is no real constituency for that to happen. Anything predicated on that should be taken with a mine of salt.

Well you have the Big XII -2 pushing for the same thing, so there can be some outside support to help the Big East maneuver.

Obviously they understand that it is not up to them and they will react as the news unfolds.

iirc, ACC tried to push this before the last expansion. Pac10 before this one. Both got nowhere.
12-26-2010 01:17 PM
Advertisement

Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
Yeah but you have leagues like the SEC, ACC, B10 and Pac-10 who all went to 12 teams at least in part to have a CCG. Those leagues are not going to give the BE a pass on this.
12-26-2010 01:19 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
(12-26-2010 01:19 PM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  Yeah but you have leagues like the SEC, ACC, B10 and Pac-10 who all went to 12 teams at least in part to have a CCG. Those leagues are not going to give the BE a pass on this.

The Big East and Big 12 are pushing for this and they probably have a good chance of getting it through. Playing a CCG probably reduces our chances at getting a second team in a BCS bowl game. Houston is one of my top choices along with ECU. I'd love to see them in the conference. I'm hoping it's true.
12-26-2010 01:26 PM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
If we were going to get a CCG with less than 12, I think it would have happened already. The ACC wanted before Boston College was invited. The Big Ten and PAC-10 probably would have been in favor and may well have not expanded at all if they thought they could get one with fewer teams. The Big 12 might be in favor now, but I doubt that's enough. Also, it's not like these rules are easy to change. It was an error in the wording of rules which allows them to begin with (the NCAA never intended for them to apply to college football).

That said, a 20/13 Big East would be very interesting.
12-26-2010 01:29 PM
loki_the_bubba Offline
Heisman

(12-26-2010 01:29 PM)ohio1317 Wrote:  If we were going to get a CCG with less than 12, I think it would have happened already. The ACC wanted before Boston College was invited. The Big Ten and PAC-10 probably would have been in favor and may well have not expanded at all if they thought they could get one with fewer teams. The Big 12 might be in favor now, but I doubt that's enough. Also, it's not like these rules are easy to change. It was an error in the wording of rules which allows them to begin with ([the NCAA never intended for them to apply to college football).

That said, a 20/13 Big East would be very interesting.

My understanding was that it was meant to apply to college football. But only to D1AA to crown champions to join the playoff. The wording made it applicable to all of D1. The SEC jumped in and exploited that.
12-26-2010 01:33 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

It's a moot point anyway because the Big East is looking to go beyond 12. The Big 12 is the one who is really pushing for it.
12-26-2010 01:33 PM
Advertisement

Chappy Online
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
Everything I've read says that the Big 12 is happy to be rid of the CCG. Well, at least Texas and Oklahoma are, and who else matters? Point being, why would they support a CCG with 10 teams?
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2010 01:58 PM by Chappy.)
12-26-2010 01:58 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

The coaches are happy to be rid of the CCG, the only reason the conference is happy to be at 10 teams is because they only have to split the profit between 10 teams. If they could expand to 12 and get the same amount that they're getting now they would do it.
12-26-2010 02:00 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

You need a Scout membership to see the thread. Interesting reading for sure. This was added this morning:

"Got a couple of PMs asked why current BE members have had a change of heart about adding UH over UCF, I'll answer it here....Media and PR: Adding UH actually gets the BE better press than UCF, this according to my source is from a PR firm out of NYC. Houston's history and name recognition is better. It's all about perception, UCF might have better programs right now, but Nationwide they have not been around long enough to build a rep.Media deal: Houston's market is better, and because of perception the BE would get a more favorable TV deal with UH than UCF.Travel: BE members were worried about travel costs, but once they added TCU they've sort of warmed up to the idea of traveling to Texas anyway so many of those concerns are mitigated."

Apparently the poster is well respected. Coog fans here would have to confirm but I believe this guy was on TCU to The Big East before anyone in the media reported it. As for opposition to UCF growing, that is what I expected to happen.
CJ
12-26-2010 02:07 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(12-26-2010 01:17 PM)loki_the_bubba Wrote:  
(12-26-2010 01:10 PM)UHCougar07 Wrote:  

iirc, ACC tried to push this before the last expansion. Pac10 before this one. Both got nowhere.

Yes, the Pac10, Big10+1, ACC and even SEC before they expanded to 12 all lobbied to have a championship game with a minimum of 10 schools, and failed. The BE and B12-2 won't get the rule passed where those other conferences failed.

Also, one the 12 team conference idea, it's more likely that the BCS would like to require non-AQ teams to have to win a championship game to be eligible for a BCS bid. That makes an additional quality game for the non-AQ teams to have to win to get a bid.

An easy way to do that would be if the BE and B12 went to 12 and then the BCS requires all conferences to play a championship game to be eligible for a BCS at large bid.

On the basketball side, If the FBS restructures into 12 team leagues because of the BCS rule change, the BCS conferences could probably force the NCAA to require conferences have to have 12 teams to have an automatic tourney bid for their champion. That would reduce the number of minor conference champions and allow more at large bids.
12-26-2010 02:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.