Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Iliana Limon Orlando Sentinel: Decision by March 1st?
Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
Iliana Limon Orlando Sentinel: Decision by March 1st?
According to Iliana Limon'...it could be. Here's the link...

Orlando Sentinel

She didn't say that it would be UCF by March 1st...but she said there will be a decision by March first. It could be UCF, somebody else or could stay at nine. Anyway...that basically means we'll hear some news by any time between now and March 1st regarding expansion. Basically....January and February. 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 06:19 PM by Goldenbuc.)
01-07-2011 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CougarFan89 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Houston
RE: Iliana Limon Orlando Sentinel Chat: BE Expansion by March 1st
So we've officially heard everything from mid-Jan to mid-Feb, now March 1st. I'm sorry, but i gotta call B.S. Hope i'm wrong. 03-phew
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 04:55 PM by CougarFan89.)
01-07-2011 04:54 PM
UCF-ENG Offline
1st String

Can you please unsensationalize the headline Buc...

Shes offering her opinion, she's not claiming that the Big East will do anything...
01-07-2011 05:05 PM
saxamoophone Offline
Special Teams

I'm tired of this. LOL. At least we start the year VERY strong!!
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 06:04 PM by saxamoophone.)
01-07-2011 05:17 PM
GO Coogs GO!!! Offline
All American

The only real lock is if #10 (if they go to 12 this year) #11 or #12 are CUSA teams that an announcement will take place no later than 7/1/2011.

That is the last possible date a CUSA team can give notice and be eligible to play in the 2012 Big East FB season.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 05:22 PM by GO Coogs GO!!!.)
01-07-2011 05:22 PM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
Before long the date will be stretched out to April 1st.
01-07-2011 05:28 PM
Advertisement

TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
They'll admit Buffalo to the Big East this Monday. Mark it down! 03-lmfao

03-shhhh
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 05:42 PM by TampaKnight.)
01-07-2011 05:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
theasfldotcom Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF,Texas
Relevant Questions for those interested:

Q: Any new AQ conference expansion rumors? How about MWC and CUSA merger?

A: I've just been told UCF made a tremendous case for itself in the month of December and is in good standing. Nothing new on the MWC-C-USA merger. Big East sources says the league continues to view the Knights favorably. I think this will all be sorted out by March 1. I am not guaranteeing UCF is going to the Big East. I'm just saying the Big East should make a decision one way or another by March 1. And all indications are that the Big East continues to have a positive view of the Knights.

Q: Have you heard any whispers about the Big East since the bowl game? Its nice to see that Brian Bennett from the ESPN Big East Blog is promoting our cause. Thanks.

A: I'll just repeat my previous answer here:
I've just been told UCF made a tremendous case for itself in the month of December and is in good standing. Nothing new on the MWC-C-USA merger. Big East sources says the league continues to view the Knights favorably. I think this will all be sorted out by March 1. I am not guaranteeing UCF is going to the Big East. I'm just saying the Big East should make a decision one way or another by March 1. And all indications are that the Big East continues to have a positive view of the Knights.

Q: Iliana, Tribble (our AD) and Hitt (our president) have hinted that the Big East isn't the only conference looking at UCF, and that there are other options. What do you think they mean? (Big 12, C-USA/ MWC merger)

A: I'm sure there were a lot of congratulatory calls all around and feelers put out by conferences in the same region as UCF. Everyone has to have their bases covered in the event there is more conference realignment on the horizon. I don't have specific names for you from UCF sources, but I'm guessing the ACC and Big 12 keep in touch. However, the Big East is by far the most likely conference to actually invite UCF in the near future.

Q: If BE expansion will be sorted out by March 1 (prior to Nova's decision) and UCF is not a lock, who else could it be?

A: No one? It's my understanding it's a decision whether to expand. I don't think anyone is waiting in line ahead of UCF. These situations are fluid though and very much could change. Right now, that's my understanding of the situation.

Q: BE deciding to expand further than 10???

A: I don't think so. We'll see, but the Big East was already queasy about nine.

Q: is there any possibility to a better conference (better then Big East), wanting UCF in, or is all that talk just talk. has anyone heard anything from SEC or ACC about us?

A: I think it's just talk right now, but I can't say for sure.

Q: What’s going on with CUSA/Moutaint West merger and has UCF turned it’s attention in that direction?

A: Nothing new on a potential Mountain West-Conference USA merger.

Q: If we get the BE invite around March would we start BE play 2012?

A: That's the earliest UCF would potentially start Big East play. It could be later, but I would think the Big East would want to welcome TCU and any other new schools all at the same time.

She started this academic year when our old beat writer went to ESPN, she came from New Mexico. I'd personally be somewhat surprised if her source(s) didn't come from somewhere at UCF.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 05:54 PM by theasfldotcom.)
01-07-2011 05:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KnightLight Offline
Legend

(01-07-2011 05:53 PM)theasfldotcom Wrote:  She started this academic year when our old beat writer went to ESPN, she came from New Mexico. I'd personally be somewhat surprised if her source(s) didn't come from somewhere at UCF.

Huh?

She has been covering UCF for quite sometime as she replaced Kyle Hightower who was demoted at the Sentinel.

Several folks have moved on from the Sentinel to UCF (including Jemele Hill) but she was never the UCF beat writer (she was a columnist).
01-07-2011 06:12 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Feels like a nonstory to me.

Everything on this board is just recycled information anymore. We had the same pissing contests between every fanbase. We pretty much knows and debated what every school brings to the table. Schools I know least bout are SMU and Houston. They're practically newcomers to the expansion talk. I think, while its fun to debate expansion, its time to start talking about sports again until legit information starts coming out again.
01-07-2011 06:17 PM
Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

(01-07-2011 05:05 PM)UCF-ENG Wrote:  Can you please unsensationalize the headline Buc...

Shes offering her opinion, she's not claiming that the Big East will do anything...

Fixed. Didn't mean to put it that dead on.

Regarding the date...by March 1st would mean sometime in Jan or Feb, by her opionion. Probably based on some murmurs she's heard...I don't think she's pulling it out of thin air. Unless she just thinks it's the best and most likely timeframe.
01-07-2011 06:21 PM
Advertisement

Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

(01-07-2011 04:54 PM)CougarFan89 Wrote:  So we've officially heard everything from mid-Jan to mid-Feb, now March 1st. I'm sorry, but i gotta call B.S. Hope i'm wrong. 03-phew

Not on March 1st....by March 1st. Basically she's sticking to the same timeframe.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 06:23 PM by Goldenbuc.)
01-07-2011 06:22 PM
Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

Quote:Q: BE deciding to expand further than 10???

Going by this...I think the talks from the beginning about it all being based on whether or not Nova accepts could be right on. I think if Nova accepts...they stay at 9 until they're ready. If not...they take another. I'm going to stick with this. Especially since this scenario is all that we've heard from true BE insiders in the media.
01-07-2011 06:36 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
RE: Iliana Limon Orlando Sentinel: Decision by March 1st?
Maybe Monday? 05-stirthepot
01-07-2011 07:14 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
Honestly I hope sooner rather than later because I'm getting tired of the waiting and the bickering.
01-07-2011 07:27 PM
theasfldotcom Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF,Texas
(01-07-2011 06:12 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  
(01-07-2011 05:53 PM)theasfldotcom Wrote:  She started this academic year when our old beat writer went to ESPN, she came from New Mexico. I'd personally be somewhat surprised if her source(s) didn't come from somewhere at UCF.

Huh?

She has been covering UCF for quite sometime as she replaced Kyle Hightower who was demoted at the Sentinel.

Several folks have moved on from the Sentinel to UCF (including Jemele Hill) but she was never the UCF beat writer (she was a columnist).

I was under the impression that she replaced Andrea Adelson this season as the beat writer. I know she covered New Mexico in the past, I didn't necessarily mean she was coming directly from there.
01-07-2011 07:44 PM
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-07-2011 06:36 PM)Goldenbuc Wrote:  

Going by this...I think the talks from the beginning about it all being based on whether or not Nova accepts could be right on. I think if Nova accepts...they stay at 9 until they're ready. If not...they take another. I'm going to stick with this. Especially since this scenario is all that we've heard from true BE insiders in the media.

I disagree. Reading between the lines, Big East stays at 9 unless Nova accepts. Big East only goes to 10 if Nova accepts...otherwise Big East stays at 9. That's my best guess.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 07:46 PM by No Bull.)
01-07-2011 07:45 PM
Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

(01-07-2011 07:14 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  Maybe Monday? 05-stirthepot

03-no

Sunday morning at 9. 03-shhhh
01-07-2011 07:45 PM
CougarFan89 Offline
2nd String

(01-07-2011 07:45 PM)No Bull Wrote:  

I disagree. Reading between the lines, Big East stays at 9 unless Nova accepts. Big East only goes to 10 if Nova accepts...otherwise Big East stays at 9. That's my best guess.

So you're calling the Big East commish's bluff NoBull? All that stuff about being determined to go to ten teams was just b.s. to get Nova to move. Well, if thats the case, and no disrespect to TCU, but i don't see how they can even move past the Big12's tv contract with 9 FB teams.
01-07-2011 07:55 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-07-2011 07:55 PM)CougarFan89 Wrote:  
(01-07-2011 07:45 PM)No Bull Wrote:  

So you're calling the Big East commish's bluff NoBull? All that stuff about being determined to go to ten teams was just b.s. to get Nova to move. Well, if thats the case, and no disrespect to TCU, but i don't see how they can even move past the Big12's tv contract with 9 FB teams.

It could be a bluff... is getting 10 football teams worth have 18 basketball teams? Seriously, to go to ten the Big East has to be hoping Nova says yes...If Nova says no...are some of these Catholic basketball schools really gonna one vote to add a Houston or UCF...
01-07-2011 08:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.