Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DT Derrick Luetjen offered by Tulsa
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
DT Derrick Luetjen offered by Tulsa
Yesterday, I checked out ULM rivals website. ULM Verbal DE Derrick Alexander of Tulsa Washington was shown without an offer from Tulsa. However, for the first time, ULM verbal DE Derrick Luetjen was shown with a verbal from Tulsa, the first time I had seen Luetjen with an offer from Tulsa. Luetjen, according to some reports, is too slow for DE and will probably end up playing DT. Scout is reporting Luetjen has offers from La Tech, ULM, Army, Dartmouth, and Tulsa.

Hennessey, Luetjen's high school, won the state 2A Title and its most impressive victory was the semi-final game beating Millwood, which is loaded with half dozen prospects.

And, today, the Tulsa World is reporting that Alexander is taking an official visit to Tulsa. He verballed to ULM and had an offer from AFA.

Both Luetjen and Alexander are projected as DTs.

Looks like Blankenship is putting a heavy emphasis on DL, and, as much as I like/liked Graham, a lack of DL was in the 2011 class under Graham. I now count two new DTs recruiting by Blankenship and perhaps two new DEs. Probably another one or two DL might be considered and I suspect Blankenship will do a lot of Grey shirting.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ulm/football/rec...tjen-99777

Edited to add the following:
Scout now has a story posted "Tulsa Throws Hat into Ring" regarding Luetjen. Scout list his offers as ULM, La Tech, Army, Dartmouth, and Tulsa.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2011 12:07 PM by Tallgrass.)
01-28-2011 10:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rabidTU Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa Univ
RE: DT Derrick Luetjen offered by Tulsa
I was pretty disinterested in this youngster at first, but his dad came on rivals and said his actual size is about 6-4 and 270+ (his dad is a HS coach). Since we are going to a 4 front next year and the future, he probably fits the 3 technique model. Looking at his video, he seems to move fairly well and also seemed aggressive. The down side is that the competition at that level may be questionable and he was playing against linemen that didn't look very good or were pretty small.
01-29-2011 06:52 PM
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: DT Derrick Luetjen offered by Tulsa
Hennessey beat Millwood in the semi-final game and Millwood has about a half-dozen IA prospects. Somebody on that Hennessey team has talent...and that talent probably started with Luetjen. Hennessey is the smallest school in 2A, having been moved up to 2A this season. In addition, if it hadn't been for a fumble by Hennessey's kick receiver, Hennessey would have beat Kingfisher, 3A runner-up. Hennessey has about 2,000 people; Kingfisher, the county seat, has 5,000.

Probably what hurt Luetjen's recruitment is that he didn't attend the Tulsa July camp, something I do not understand especially since his dad is a coach. Maybe ask that question to Luetjen's dad on the Rivals board....maybe some kind of emergency came up or something.
01-30-2011 08:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.