Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Any news on God's Gift's visit this past weekend?
Bookmark and Share
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Any news on God's Gift's visit this past weekend?
I wondered if God's Gift visited the campus over the weekend and if anyone had any info on how it went. UC could sure use another big man next year.

04-12-2011 08:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM
RE: Any news on God's Gift's visit this past weekend?
I haven't heard anything.

04-12-2011 08:32 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Other than he was here and had a good visit, no word. My guess is he will take the visit in the upcoming week to Washington.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2011 09:17 AM by rath v2.0.)
04-12-2011 09:17 AM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-12-2011 09:17 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Other than he was here and had a good visit, no word. My guess is he will take the visit in the upcoming week to Washington.

I hope that with Ibrahim Thomas being from the same city that it helped influence him a bit but with Thomas graduating, it probably doesn't matter. I hope he had a nice visit and that Calhoun doesn't find a way to get him to change his mind and go to Connecticut. I dont trust calhoun after Hasheem Thabeet suddenly was convinced to go there. Washington's coach Lorenzo Romar will be a big influence on God's Gift due to him being a devout Christian. Crossing my fingers that he decides UC is where he can play the most and get the most exposure from the New York media.

04-12-2011 09:44 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Thomas was the host and "tour guide" for both guys that came in this weekend.

My gut tells me Washington is the main competition here.

04-12-2011 09:49 AM
chatcat Offline
All American

I Root For: BEARCATS
(04-12-2011 09:49 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Thomas was the host and "tour guide" for both guys that came in this weekend.

I hope this guy isn't influenced too much by campus aesthetics because the University of Washington has one of the most beautiful campuses I have seen.

04-12-2011 10:00 AM
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Hope it rains there, when they show up.

04-12-2011 11:18 AM
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-12-2011 10:00 AM)chatcat Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 09:49 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Thomas was the host and "tour guide" for both guys that came in this weekend.

I hope this guy isn't influenced too much by campus aesthetics because the University of Washington has one of the most beautiful campuses I have seen.

+1. Amazing campus.

04-12-2011 11:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bearcat04 Online
Heisman

I Root For: The CATS
St. John's is his last scheduled visit next weekend. They have been rumored to be the favorite for quite a while now. Washington and St. John's both desperately need a quality big man more than we do, so it's going to be a tough battle to win. I'm sure GG will hear how Gates is going to get all the paint touches here, while he can be the featured big at their school.

04-12-2011 12:19 PM
DP3113 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(04-12-2011 09:44 AM)bearcat54 Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 09:17 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Other than he was here and had a good visit, no word. My guess is he will take the visit in the upcoming week to Washington.

I hope that with Ibrahim Thomas being from the same city that it helped influence him a bit but with Thomas graduating, it probably doesn't matter. I hope he had a nice visit and that Calhoun doesn't find a way to get him to change his mind and go to Connecticut. I dont trust calhoun after Hasheem Thabeet suddenly was convinced to go there. Washington's coach Lorenzo Romar will be a big influence on God's Gift due to him being a devout Christian. Crossing my fingers that he decides UC is where he can play the most and get the most exposure from the New York media.

GG is from Nigeria. Mbodji is the one from Dakar.

04-12-2011 12:19 PM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I just looked up Amadou Mbodji. He is listed between 6'10 and 6'11 and 225 pounds. His offense is awful at 5.7 points per game. My opinion is if Bdoji is the next option if we don't get GG to commit, then i'd search elsewhere or just save the schollie for another year. We don't need another Derek Hollman or a big man that can't compete in the Big East. If he couldn't dominate for Jacksonville State, how can he play in the Big East?

04-12-2011 07:12 PM
Advertisement

bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I just looked up Amadou Mbodji. He is listed between 6'10 and 6'11 and 225 pounds. His offense is awful at 5.7 points per game. My opinion is if Bdoji is the next option if we don't get GG to commit, then i'd search elsewhere or just save the schollie for another year. We don't need another Derek Hollman or a big man that can't compete in the Big East. If he couldn't dominate for Jacksonville State, how can he play in the Big East?

I am hoping that I seen the wrong person's profile. It did list him as Dakar.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2011 07:13 PM by bearcat54.)
04-12-2011 07:12 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
agreed on Washington campus....was there two years ago and it's just amazing....and the view from Husky stadium out over the water is awesome....

of course it rains there every other day

04-12-2011 07:13 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
(04-12-2011 07:13 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  agreed on Washington campus....was there two years ago and it's just amazing....and the view from Husky stadium out over the water is awesome....

If you like damp, cool weather, an overcast sky, and a mild climate, Seattle is the place for you. If you like hot and sunny weather, you will not want to live in Seattle.

No, it does not rain all the time in Seattle. Many large cities on the USA east coast (i.e., Atlanta, New York, Washington D.C.) receive more annual precipitation than Seattle. However, when it stops raining in these east coast cities, the sky clears. In Seattle, when it stops raining, the sky stays overcast. The rain in Seattle is usually a light or fine misty rain. The normal average annual precipitation total for Seattle is 37.07 inches.

Summers in Seattle are usually warm, dry, and sunny, with long days and cool nights. The driest time of year in Seattle is the last half of July and the first half of August. During this time period, Seattle will often go ten, twenty, or thirty days without any measurable precipitation. The warm, mild weather often continues into fall, with cooler temperatures at night --- the rainy season in Seattle doesn't officially begin until October 1. Winter is the wettest season in Seattle. Spring in Seattle is mild and green, but it can be very wet at times.

04-12-2011 07:19 PM
bearcat PACO Offline
Banned

I Root For: June 1st 2009
(04-12-2011 07:12 PM)bearcat54 Wrote:  I just looked up Amadou Mbodji. He is listed between 6'10 and 6'11 and 225 pounds. His offense is awful at 5.7 points per game. My opinion is if Bdoji is the next option if we don't get GG to commit, then i'd search elsewhere or just save the schollie for another year. We don't need another Derek Hollman or a big man that can't compete in the Big East. If he couldn't dominate for Jacksonville State, how can he play in the Big East?

That isn't the correct player. His name is Cheikh Mbodji and he is listed at 6'10 227 lbs. At this time I think UC and San Diego State are his only offers, but he has interest from Iowa and Washington (also in dire need of a big man) per Rivals. Clearly he appears to be somewhat of a backup plan if they cannot land God's Gift, however he looks more ready to produce than a guy like Ellis, who should either Prep (may not qualify) or red shirt. From that stand point he theoretically would be an upgrade.

04-12-2011 07:30 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(04-12-2011 07:19 PM)ctipton Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 07:13 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  agreed on Washington campus....was there two years ago and it's just amazing....and the view from Husky stadium out over the water is awesome....

If you like damp, cool weather, an overcast sky, and a mild climate, Seattle is the place for you. If you like hot and sunny weather, you will not want to live in Seattle.

No, it does not rain all the time in Seattle. Many large cities on the USA east coast (i.e., Atlanta, New York, Washington D.C.) receive more annual precipitation than Seattle. However, when it stops raining in these east coast cities, the sky clears. In Seattle, when it stops raining, the sky stays overcast. The rain in Seattle is usually a light or fine misty rain. The normal average annual precipitation total for Seattle is 37.07 inches.

Summers in Seattle are usually warm, dry, and sunny, with long days and cool nights. The driest time of year in Seattle is the last half of July and the first half of August. During this time period, Seattle will often go ten, twenty, or thirty days without any measurable precipitation. The warm, mild weather often continues into fall, with cooler temperatures at night --- the rainy season in Seattle doesn't officially begin until October 1. Winter is the wettest season in Seattle. Spring in Seattle is mild and green, but it can be very wet at times.

thanks for the weather recap...I was there mid august and it rained almost every day. I was told by a lot of people it was "normal" and to "get used to it"....just sayin'

04-12-2011 08:51 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(04-12-2011 07:12 PM)bearcat54 Wrote:  I just looked up Amadou Mbodji. He is listed between 6'10 and 6'11 and 225 pounds. His offense is awful at 5.7 points per game. My opinion is if Bdoji is the next option if we don't get GG to commit, then i'd search elsewhere or just save the schollie for another year. We don't need another Derek Hollman or a big man that can't compete in the Big East. If he couldn't dominate for Jacksonville State, how can he play in the Big East?

You did. Cheikh goes to Grayson and he averaged. about 15 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks and shot 70% from the FT line.

04-12-2011 09:17 PM
wanes Offline
1st String

I Root For: Anything Cincy
The man with the best name in college basketball has schedule two more visits.

God’s Gift Achiuwa will visit Washington this coming weekend and St. John’s over Easter weekend. The 6-foot-8 power forward from Nigeria by way of Erie Community College has already visited Cincinnati.

“I don’t know if he’s going to take five [visits],” Erie coach Alex Nwora said Wednesday by phone. “It depends. We’re going day-by-day.

“After St. John’s we’ll see. So many schools are trying to get a visit but he doesn’t have to use all of them. It gets too confusing.”

God’s Gift averaged 22.3 points and 11.7 rebounds as Erie finished 28-4 and finished fourth in the NJCAA Division II Tournament.

During his two years at Erie, God’s Gift led the team to a 55-6 record.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/04/13/gods-...re-visits/

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2011 08:57 AM by wanes.)
04-13-2011 08:57 AM
50Cent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
So I guess jurick is visiting this weekend. Surprised they didn't get cheikh mbodji, wonder if they have him on back burner waiting on other two.

04-13-2011 10:30 AM
Overrated Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(04-13-2011 10:30 AM)50Cent Wrote:  So I guess jurick is visiting this weekend. Surprised they didn't get cheikh mbodji, wonder if they have him on back burner waiting on other two.

I don't have any inside info, but it seems like there is a lot up in the air right now. Right now we have one scholarship open and if it stays that we, it seems like God's Gift is our number one target. And while it would have been nice to get a commitment from him during his visit, we are definitely still in the mix.

But there is also speculation that we may be in the mix for a second big, meaning either someone is leaving the program or someone in the incoming class won't make it here. If that is the case, you would think they would accept a commitment from Mbodji whenever he is ready to give it. He is also being pursued by Washington and San Diego St, so we are far from a sure thing.

04-13-2011 10:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.