Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
UC commit Evan Hills leads East over West
UC commit Evan Hills leads East over West
Posted by akiefaber April 21st, 2011, 10:09 pm

[Image: 5641509341_ea5fa7a118.jpg]

Next school year, Lakota East senior Evan Hills had planned to be attending the University of Cincinnati as a student majoring in education. However, after witnessing Hills strikeout 11 batters in a complete game against Princeton earlier this month, the senior pitcher was offered a spot on the UC baseball team.

Lakota West at Lakota East “After watching me pitch against Princeton where I had around 11 K’s, they called me right away,” Hills said. “I visited and watched a UC/Louisville game and they offered a roster spot … I was already going to that college, so it was just a dream come true.”

Hills put in another dream performance this afternoon when he didn’t walk a single batter in a complete-game, 86-pitch performance against rival Lakota West. Hills’ performance led to his fifth win of the season and 4-1 win against the Firebirds.

“He is just a guy you can count on to keep you in games,” Lakota East head coach Ray Hamilton said of Hills. “He has huge upside. If you throw 30 pounds on him, now you are talking about a kid that is touching 90 – with that kind of stuff – I think that is what UC saw.”

Lakota West hitters didn’t see much to hit and managed to get on base five times in seven innings. Furthermore, not a single Firebird batter recorded more than one hit against Hills during the entire afternoon.

Meanwhile, Lakota East batters got on base five times and scored four runs in the bottom of the third inning. Senior Jesse Rait drove in the first two runs of the game with a single, which was followed by a two-run single by senior Mitch Geers two batters later. Both singles were ground balls through the middle of the infield.

In the top of the third, Lakota West had runners on second and third with one out and failed to score. Junior Kenton LeVay was tagged out near home plate after senior T.J. Belieu failed to make contact on a suicide bunt attempt. Later in the at-bat, Belieu popped out to the first baseman.

“We didn’t capitalize on opportunities early in the game and they did,” Lakota West head coach Bill Dreisbach said. “The effort was there, but I just think we need more of a killer instinct. I didn’t feel like we had that today. I felt like we just went through the motions.”

Dreisbach’s Firebirds will have another opportunity to show the Thunderhawks their killer instinct when the two teams meet on Monday, April 25, at Lakota West at 5 p.m.

With today’s win, Lakota East improves to 9-3 overall and 8-2 within the Greater Miami Conference. After the loss, Lakota West falls to 9-6 overall and 6-5 in the GMC.

http://westchesterbuzz.com/2011/04/21/uc...over-west/

04-21-2011 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcatfan1211 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
RE: UC commit Evan Hills leads East over West
He will be the starting pitcher in the state championship game for Lakota East on Saturday morning.

06-03-2011 08:33 AM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Thanks for the update! UC could definitely use some pitchers down there!

06-03-2011 08:50 AM
Advertisement

bearcatfan1211 Offline
Special Teams

Pitched a Complete game in Lakota East's 6-2 state championship victory. Carried a shut out into the last inning and had 9 strikeouts on the game. Kid has very good control of his pitches. Pitched 118 pitches in the game, and his last pitch was still clocked at 88.

06-04-2011 01:56 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Kid is really impressive. Only saw him pitch one time in person a week or so ago, he is a keeper unless a team takes a flyer and he gets picked off high enough in the MLB draft in the next day or so.

06-05-2011 07:55 PM
Advertisement

ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
DRAFT MONDAY: MLB’s annual first-year player draft begins Monday at 7 p.m. on MLB Network and MLB.com. The Reds pick 27th, their lowest first-round pick ever and their lowest overall first pick since RHP Brett Tomko was taken 54th (second round) in 1995.

The draft continues at noon Tuesday (rounds 2-30) and then noon Wednesday (rounds 31-50).

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=499159

If I'm not mistaken, Tampa Bay has 10 picks out of the first 60.

06-05-2011 08:12 PM
myzzj Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: live
Wholesaler From China
Wholesaler From China,Ken Griffin Max 30 usd,http://post2.zhubajie.com/p/1307255386/16583266_168029.jpg Jordan Fusion Max 30 usd.

http://www.buyonchina.com

06-05-2011 08:16 PM
Advertisement

myzzj Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: live
RE: Wholesaler From China
(06-05-2011 08:16 PM)myzzj Wrote:  Wholesaler From China,Ken Griffin Max 30 usd,httJordan Fusion Max 30 usd.

http://www.buyonchina.com
[Image: 16583266_168029.jpg]

06-05-2011 08:18 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Oh cool. A bot.

06-05-2011 08:22 PM
Advertisement

bearcatfan1211 Offline
Special Teams

UC has three of the top pitchers in the state of Ohio coming in next year in Hills from East, Atkinson from Colerain, and Walker from Northmont. Walker is the best of the 3 in my opinion. The amazing part about these 3 coming in is that some how Cleary was able to pull this off without giving them a single penny this year, all preferred walk-ons. I know both Hills and Walker had several offers on the table but chose to come to the Big East.

06-05-2011 08:58 PM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
http://westchesterbuzz.com/2011/06/06/la...champions/

Kid just threw a 119-pitch complete game in the state title. To have that kind of endurance as a pitcher that young will only help UC's chances next year. Really glad Evan is going to be a Bearcat.

06-08-2011 09:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.