Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charleston, WV
Bookmark and Share
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Smile Charleston, WV
I am passing thru Charleston, WV on my way south for a summer trip. This appears to be a good location, as far as timing goes, for a stop to grab a hotel and get some sleep.

I have never been to Charleston and am looking for advice if this is a good place to stop to get a hotel, and if so, does anyone have a suggestion on where to stay? I can go up to maybe a half hour outside Charleston if need be if this isn't a good place to stop but don't wanna go too far if I don't have too.

I am just looking for a clean and SAFE hotel for myself and my family to grab some sleep for the night. Price really isn't a big deal to me as I'm willing to pay for a clean and comfortable and safe place but then again I am not looking to pay $200 for a hotel I'll only be at for 8 hours.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2011 01:32 PM by nachoman91.)
06-07-2011 01:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

b Away
Greatest of All Time

I Root For: YO MOMMA!!

Donators
RE: Charleston, WV
I have family living there so I always stayed with them.

should be quite a few places to stay. Unlike some places in WV, time did not forget charleston.

06-07-2011 01:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
Welcome to the Sleep Inn, a Charleston hotel near CAMC Health System

The Sleep Inn hotel is ideally located off Interstate 79, just three miles from CAMC Health System medical center. This Charleston hotel is close to the Tri-State Racetrack & Gaming Center and the Clay Center for the Arts & Sciences. The Yeager Airport is five miles away.

Charleston, West Virginia's capital city, is nestled in the lush Appalachian Mountains and is the perfect setting to enjoy history, culture, entertainment and fun. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy horseback riding, hiking, fly fishing and mountain biking in the surrounding area.

Several golf courses are located minutes from the hotel. Visitors will enjoy browsing the stores at the Charleston Town Center mall, featuring more than 130 specialty stores.

A wide variety of restaurants and cocktail lounges are located in the surrounding area. Be sure to visit Harding's Family Restaurant and gift shop, which is adjacent to the property and offers room service to hotel guests.

Hotel amenities and features include:

Free continental breakfast
Free local calls
Free coffee
Free weekday newspaper
Meeting room

This Charleston hotel provides business travelers with conveniences like data port telephones and access to copy and fax services. In addition, some rooms have high-speed Internet access.

All well-appointed guest rooms have coffee makers, work desks, large walk-in showers and cable television. In addition to standard amenities, some rooms come equipped with irons, ironing boards, hair dryers, microwaves and refrigerators. Efficiency suites are available, offering kitchen facilities and separate living areas. Handicap accessible and non-smoking rooms are available.

Coin-operated laundry facilities and valet cleaning services are available for added guest convenience. Be sure to ask about Choice Hotels International's Choice Privileges rewards program.

Whether traveling for business or pleasure, make the Sleep Inn hotel your home away from home when visiting the Charleston area. Our friendly staff looks forward to seeing you soon.

I just checked the rates and for a Queen Bed, Non-smoking room it was $89.00.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-charleston...camf=local

I have also stayed at the following hotel. Excellent service:

http://www.wingatecharleston.com/

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2011 04:03 PM by ctipton.)
06-07-2011 03:26 PM
QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM
I passed thru Charleston on my way back from Richmond, VA the other day. We didn't stop there. From the highway, the state capital building looks very interesting. Might be worth a tour if you have the time.

06-07-2011 03:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.