Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Where's all the Memphis Fans who said
jtwvu87 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU & Texas A&M Univ

the new big east would not get the Liberty Bowl?????

i don't need to point you out but it's funny how just 2 days ago Memphis fans was running their mouths about how the LB will in no way pit the SEC vs BE...

i guess we will see.....
07-22-2005 03:36 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

They are busy sending angry and/or threatening emails to the Liberty Bowl Execs. I $&#@ you not.
07-22-2005 03:45 PM
MemTGRS Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!

jtwvu87 Wrote:the new big east would not get the Liberty Bowl?????

i don't need to point you out but it's funny how just 2 days ago Memphis fans was running their mouths about how the LB will in no way pit the SEC vs BE...

i guess we will see.....
I'll accept the taunting. What I said and what others probably said were repeats of exactly what the Liberty Bowl Executives said -- hey, I'll admit when I am incorrect. We have been LIED to you. I don't think there's any loss of personal honesty when the error occurred due to being blindsided. Do you think it is any different that what Boston College did?

I do want to note that I don't blame the Big East one bit in their efforts to pick up the LB. Now ... for the SEC, I think they have proven time and time again their complete lack of ethics (Sure, Everybody Cheats). Nothing has really changed except now they have ex-CUSA commish Mike Slive who is an attorney and has the great new honorable method of "don't ask, don't tell" regarding their sins.
07-22-2005 04:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

I wouldn't trust the SEC as far as I could throw that corrupt conference. That's why I'm so happy to be in the Big East. If UC has to be in one of the "Big Six" conference I sure don't want it to be the SEC. It would be the Big East or Big Ten, though I would have a hard time tolerating Ohio State fans, so I'm VERY happy to be in the Big East.
07-22-2005 04:18 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame

I said that the Liberty would stay with the conference that Memphis was affiliated with. I haven't gone anywhere.....right or wrong. If a deal is made with another conference, I'll be back to acknowledge that I was wrong.
07-22-2005 04:56 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU

oldtiger Wrote:I said that the Liberty would stay with the conference that Memphis was affiliated with.
If it doesn't God forbid if it is supported locally.
07-22-2005 05:05 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

C-USA has not lost the Liberty Bowl...and i really doubt we will...as it stands we are LOCKED in for this season and are in negotiations to re-new the contract...if they did not want to keep us they would just say so and not include us in negotiations...the Liberty Bowl has been a C-USA partner for over 10 years and i really don't see that changing...locals want C-USA #1 v. someone...and without local support it wouldn't be the same bowl game.

my prediction...C-USA #1 v. BE #3 or ACC #4

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
07-22-2005 06:27 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

gomemphistigers1 Wrote:C-USA has not lost the Liberty Bowl...and i really doubt we will...as it stands we are LOCKED in for this season and are in negotiations to re-new the contract...if they did not want to keep us they would just say so and not include us in negotiations...the Liberty Bowl has been a C-USA partner for over 10 years and i really don't see that changing...locals want C-USA #1 v. someone...and without local support it wouldn't be the same bowl game.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
Our #3 isn't on the table for the Liberty if they maintain CUSA. Only for the SEC match-up.
07-22-2005 06:39 PM
Murph1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

gomemphistigers1 Wrote:C-USA has not lost the Liberty Bowl...and i really doubt we will...as it stands we are LOCKED in for this season and are in negotiations to re-new the contract...if they did not want to keep us they would just say so and not include us in negotiations...the Liberty Bowl has been a C-USA partner for over 10 years and i really don't see that changing...locals want C-USA #1 v. someone...and without local support it wouldn't be the same bowl game.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
If the LB ends up being CUSA vs Big East, I believe the BE will only offer BE #4. The Charlotte bowl (ACC vs Big East) will end up getting BE #3, unless the LB payout is significantly higher.

If the LB is SEC vs Big East, the SEC and LB will insist on BE #3 in that bowl and Charlotte will get BE #4.
07-22-2005 06:40 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU

L-yes Wrote:Our #3 isn't on the table for the Liberty if they maintain CUSA. Only for the SEC match-up.
As a person that follows both Tiger and Mountaineer football the number 4 NBE team doesn't hold water to the NCUSA champ competively. At the Box Office only. If this is what college football has come to then it will not too far from now destroy itself.
07-22-2005 06:49 PM
jtwvu87 Offline
2nd String

tigeer,

lets see, hmmmmm.....1) West Virginia, 2) Pitt, 3) Syracuse, and 4) Louisville.....now which of your NCUSA teams are better than the four i just listed......

i mean i want to know.....and i could careless that you state that you are a mountaineer fan you sound more like a memphis fan....
07-22-2005 06:58 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

Tigeer Wrote:
L-yes Wrote:Our #3 isn't on the table for the Liberty if they maintain CUSA.  Only for the SEC match-up.
As a person that follows both Tiger and Mountaineer football the number 4 NBE team doesn't hold water to the NCUSA champ competively. At the Box Office only. If this is what college football has come to then it will not too far from now destroy itself.
i agree...but i must also say that the Liberty Bowl has always supported Memphis Football and the C-USA...i really don't see that changing...C-USA Champ is not a bad team to play.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
07-22-2005 06:59 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Unfourtunately Bowls are there to bring money to their communities and make as much as they can. What happens on the field is not as important. If it was we would have had playoofs long ago and we wouldnt have seen 6-6 Texas AM or Wake Forest taking spots while teams like USF 9-2 one year Northern Illinois and Bowling Green teams with 8-9 wins staying home
07-22-2005 07:02 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

jtwvu87 Wrote:tigeer,

lets see, hmmmmm.....1) West Virginia, 2) Pitt, 3) Syracuse, and 4) Louisville.....now which of your NCUSA teams are better than the four i just listed......

i mean i want to know.....and i could careless that you state that you are a mountaineer fan you sound more like a memphis fan....
Don't forget Notre Dame.
07-22-2005 07:03 PM
jtwvu87 Offline
2nd String

gomemphistiger,

NCUSA is not going to keep the LB. if the LB is a million plus dollar bowl, i mean it just doesn't make sense that the execs are going to pit NCUSA vs MWC or NCUSA vs BE, or NCUSA vs ACC, or NCUSA vsSEC. it will be BCS vs BCS conferences of which you guys are not a part of..........sorry.
07-22-2005 07:03 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators

Quote:jtwvu87 Posted on Jul 22 2005, 07:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gomemphistiger,

NCUSA is not going to keep the LB. if the LB is a million plus dollar bowl, i mean it just doesn't make sense that the execs are going to pit NCUSA vs MWC or NCUSA vs BE, or NCUSA vs ACC, or NCUSA vsSEC. it will be BCS vs BCS conferences of which you guys are not a part of..........sorry. 

The Liberty Bowl has been a million plus bowl for quite a while now and its featured two non-BCS teams in the C-USA champ vs. MW Champ.

While the SEC #5/6 vs. BE #3 is an intriguing match-up, BE fans should not lose sight of the fact that this could be a ploy by the LB to have unfettered access to a C-USA team of its own choice (a Memphis, Marshall, ECU, UTEP with a solid record) rather than being stuck to a C-USA Champ it may not want (Rice, UAB, Houston etc.).

And if that is the case, and the SEC is adamant about not playing a C-USA team, then it is very conceivable that the BE will still offer a #3/#4 type combo to the LB, telling them they are equal with the Tire Bowl and whichever teams work best for both bowls will be selected.

In other words, if SU or UConn finishes #3 and West Virginia finishes #4, the LB might wind up with WVU while the Tire winds up with SU or UConn since the BE team that travels less might still have a respectable showing in Charlotte whereas the Neers who simply travel well might be sent to Memphis even if they send less there then they might have to Charlotte.

On the other hand, the C-USA and ACC opponents would have to be factored in as well. Let's say its Memphis in the LB and BC in the Tire. In that scenario, it probably wouldn't hurt if SU (with their lesser number of traveling fans) goes to Memphis while WVU goes to Charlotte to make up for the fact that the Eagles aren't sending much to the Tire.

Cheers,
Neil
07-22-2005 07:15 PM
Advertisement

L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

jtwvu87 Wrote:gomemphistiger,

The fact that the bowl is in memphis is the only reason this hasnt already been announced imo.
07-22-2005 07:16 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

omnicarrier Wrote:
Quote:jtwvu87 Posted on Jul 22 2005, 07:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gomemphistiger,

The Liberty Bowl has been a million plus bowl for quite a while now and its featured two non-BCS teams in the C-USA champ vs. MW Champ.

While the SEC #5/6 vs. BE #3 is an intriguing match-up, BE fans should not lose sight of the fact that this could be a ploy by the LB to have unfettered access to a C-USA team of its own choice (a Memphis, Marshall, ECU, UTEP with a solid record) rather than being stuck to a C-USA Champ it may not want (Rice, UAB, Houston etc.).

And if that is the case, and the SEC is adamant about not playing a C-USA team, then it is very conceivable that the BE will still offer a #3/#4 type combo to the LB, telling them they are equal with the Tire Bowl and whichever teams work best for both bowls will be selected.

In other words, if SU or UConn finishes #3 and West Virginia finishes #4, the LB might wind up with WVU while the Tire winds up with SU or UConn since the BE team that travels less might still have a respectable showing in Charlotte whereas the Neers who simply travel well might be sent to Memphis even if they send less there then they might have to Charlotte.

On the other hand, the C-USA and ACC opponents would have to be factored in as well. Let's say its Memphis in the LB and BC in the Tire. In that scenario, it probably wouldn't hurt if SU (with their lesser number of traveling fans) goes to Memphis while WVU goes to Charlotte to make up for the fact that the Eagles aren't sending much to the Tire.

Cheers,
Neil
Omni,

The Liberty Bowl has already changed its agreement with CUSA to first choice instead of champion effective for the upcoming season. That chip is off the table.
07-22-2005 07:18 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators

Quote:L-yes Posted on Jul 22 2005, 07:24 PM

Omni,

The Liberty Bowl has already changed its agreement with CUSA to first choice instead of champion effective for the upcoming season. That chip is off the table. 

Ouch!!!

That's not good for C-USA and the Memphis Tigers then.

Then this has to be strictly a play for an SEC team. I don't see how it could be interpreted as anything else. And since they know that SEC pick will have to be either #5 or #6 dependent upon how much the Music City Bowl pays out, to even make the play demonstrates they will cut the Memphis Tigers and C-USA out without even pretending to be sorry about it.

Cheers,
Neil
07-22-2005 07:26 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

IF the LB ends up with a SEC-BE matchup it could make adeal in which every other year it chooses ahead of Tire Bowl.
We will see what happens until then these are all just posibilities on these boards that im sure have been put in front of LB.
07-22-2005 09:12 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.