Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Liberty Bowl Exec on the radio tonight in Memphis
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

an SEC/CUSA match-up but the SEC is refusing to play a CUSA team. The SEC says they would play in the bowl against another conference... 03-wink

:wave:

<a href='http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/memphis/invision/index.php?act=ST&f=10&t=31519&st=0&#entry309473' target='_blank'>Linkage</a>
07-21-2005 07:51 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

that shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone.....it all goes back to the big/little brother thing we were talking about in the other thread...So will the LB choose the CUSA champ or a middle of the road SEC team?....I would guess it would be the SEC

Jackson
07-21-2005 08:10 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Jackson1011 Wrote:that shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone.....it all goes back to the big/little brother thing we were talking about in the other thread...So will the LB choose the CUSA champ or a middle of the road SEC team?....I would guess it would be the SEC

Jackson
Exactly what I'm thinking Jackson. For a consistent sellout and maximum buzz in the region its a no-brainer. Memphis is in the heart of SEC country with many of the mid-packers within a 6 hour drive and they all recruit Memphis hard. If the SEC wants the bowl I'll bet you we get the rumored Big East#3/SEC#5-6 match-up. The Liberty Bowl even in the hometown of UM is not making promises to CUSA.

I like the chances of this working out.
07-21-2005 08:16 PM
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF

Cmon Liberty Bowl...make the right choice and take the SEC/Big East Matchup 04-cheers
07-21-2005 09:47 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

look at their web page...everything is c-usa this and c-usa that...look at their poll...who would you like to see C-USA play...i bet when all is said and done it will be either C-USA #1 v. BE # 3 or C-USA #1 v. ACC #4

if the Libery Bowl has shown anything over the years it is that they are comitted to C-USA...if not local support will stop...C-USA fans are what makes that bowl work...without locals it will become just another bowl with 25,000 people in the stands.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
07-21-2005 10:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

gomemphistigers1 Wrote:look at their web page...everything is c-usa this and c-usa that...look at their poll...who would you like to see C-USA play...i bet when all is said and done it will be either C-USA #1 v. BE # 3 or C-USA #1 v. ACC #4

if the Libery Bowl has shown anything over the years it is that they are comitted to C-USA...if not local support will stop...C-USA fans are what makes that bowl work...without locals it will become just another bowl with 25,000 people in the stands.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
Web sites are not made of granite and engraved for eons. My bet is BE vs CUSA this season and then the SEC thereafter.
07-21-2005 10:50 PM
Advertisement

Murph1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

Personally, I don't think this is something we should be rubbing in the face of C-USA. I mean it's not like the Liberty is dying to get the Big East. They'd probably take us only because they want the SEC and the SEC doesn't want to play C-USA, but it's not as if the bowl was trying to get us in the first place. JMHO.
07-21-2005 10:57 PM
MichiganTiger Offline
The Right Honorable

I Root For: the UofMs

Donators

More on the interview, courtesy of TigerJeb.

<a href='http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/memphis/invision/index.php?act=ST&f=10&t=31533' target='_blank'>partial transcript</a>
07-21-2005 11:44 PM
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF

Interesting Interview...it does sound like the SEC has no interest in playing CUSA.

Quote:Personally, I don't think this is something we should be rubbing in the face of C-USA

I'm not trying to rub it in CUSA's face....I don't see it as something personal, but as buisness. I want the Big East to get the Liberty Bowl, and if it is at the cost of CUSA, tough luck. I do apologize if I have been making personal shots at CUSA at the possibility of losing the LB.

I would welcome a BE #3 vs. CUSA #1 matchup, you could get some great games. However, I haven't heard that scenario in a while...
07-22-2005 12:05 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Murph1 Wrote:Personally, I don't think this is something we should be rubbing in the face of C-USA. I mean it's not like the Liberty is dying to get the Big East. They'd probably take us only because they want the SEC and the SEC doesn't want to play C-USA, but it's not as if the bowl was trying to get us in the first place. JMHO.
Thats interesting Murph.

Personally I think the Liberty Bowl is being politically correct handling CUSA with kid gloves to avoid a backlash from CUSA fans in Memphis. I'm not sure there is a bowl out there wanting to pay over 1.5 million for a non-BCS program.

I also happen to believe that our #3 brings more value to the table than a CUSA champion. Again, that may just be me but I do have optimism for this league. If you consider that 'rubbing it in the face of' whomever you need to lighten up and it strikes me that you have such little regard for the BE.
07-22-2005 01:45 AM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

gomemphistigers1 Wrote:look at their web page...everything is c-usa this and c-usa that...look at their poll...who would you like to see C-USA play...i bet when all is said and done it will be either C-USA #1 v. BE # 3 or C-USA #1 v. ACC #4

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
Is the webpage talking about this year though?
07-22-2005 04:55 AM
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Murph1 Wrote:Personally, I don't think this is something we should be rubbing in the face of C-USA. I mean it's not like the Liberty is dying to get the Big East. They'd probably take us only because they want the SEC and the SEC doesn't want to play C-USA, but it's not as if the bowl was trying to get us in the first place. JMHO.
I agree about not rubbing it in their face, but really, how many bowls get the conferences they really want? The Gator Bowl wanted an ACC/SEC matchup before they wanted the Big East and Big 12 and the Champs Bowl wanted the Big East before they wanted the Big Ten so it happens all the time.
07-22-2005 04:56 AM
hbengal Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis

BullsFanatic Wrote:Cmon Liberty Bowl...make the right choice and take the SEC/Big East Matchup&nbsp; 04-cheers
If the LB decides on the BE #8 the bulls are IN!
07-22-2005 06:37 AM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU

hbengal Wrote:If the LB decides on the BE #8 the bulls are IN!
Now that is a team a number 6 or 7 SEC team could beat.
07-22-2005 08:36 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

L-yes Wrote:
Thats interesting Murph.

Personally I think the Liberty Bowl is being politically correct handling CUSA with kid gloves to avoid a backlash from CUSA fans in Memphis. I'm not sure there is a bowl out there wanting to pay over 1.5 million for a non-BCS program.

I also happen to believe that our #3 brings more value to the table than a CUSA champion. Again, that may just be me but I do have optimism for this league. If you consider that 'rubbing it in the face of' whomever you need to lighten up and it strikes me that you have such little regard for the BE.
ROTFLOL!....There goes one of the Cardinal posters that ruined the CUSA boards again...already on the Huskie Fans I see......congratulations on landing the backstabbers...you'll enjoy them telling you how superior they are.........
07-22-2005 08:51 AM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals

Jackson1011 Wrote:that shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone.....it all goes back to the big/little brother thing we were talking about in the other thread...So will the LB choose the CUSA champ or a middle of the road SEC team?....I would guess it would be the SEC

Jackson
Any school in the SEC (yes, including Vandy) would be a better attendance and/or TV draw than C-USA's #1 because of the "SEC brand". The LB folks are aware of that, too.

Looks like it's going to be "SEC vs. Big East" in Memphis starting '06. Would Notre Dame be included in this deal...?
07-22-2005 08:59 AM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

MongoSlade Wrote:

Jackson
Any school in the SEC (yes, including Vandy) would be a better attendance and/or TV draw than C-USA's #1 because of the "SEC brand". The LB folks are aware of that, too.

Looks like it's going to be "SEC vs. Big East" in Memphis starting '06. Would Notre Dame be included in this deal...?
O.G. you have been warned about this crap, keep it up and your gone.

EnterSnadman <span style='color:red'>Big East Mod</span>
07-22-2005 09:08 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

O.G. Eagle Wrote:
MongoSlade Wrote:

&nbsp; Jackson

Nope...looks like it will be C-USA vs somebody for years in the future....more small least lite bush league wishful thinking....
First off Eagle this is NOT KillerFrogs. We don't go on the C-USA Board and call it C-DOA.

Second, it does appear it will be SEC/Big East according to reports this morning. The only hang up is whether it will get our 3rd or 4th team and more than likely the deal will include Notre Dame.
07-22-2005 09:23 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed

Murph has hit the nail on the head. The Liberty Bowl wants C-USA vs SEC. However, they want SEC more because SEC will guarantee more large crowds. Only Memphis and Southern Miss would guarantee large crowds from C-USA. If the SEC refuses to play C-USA, then the Big East lucks out and the Liberty Bowl falls in their lap. We'll see what happens.
07-22-2005 09:29 AM
MHSCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville/ND

O.G. Eagle Wrote:
L-yes Wrote:
Thats interesting Murph.

ROTFLOL!....There goes one of the Cardinal posters that ruined the CUSA boards again...already on the Huskie Fans I see......congratulations on landing the backstabbers...you'll enjoy them telling you how superior they are.........
Back stabbers?!?! Who did we stab in the back? We have been open and honest about wanting and working to move to a BCS conference and leaving CUSA since we left the Metro and joined CUSA.
07-22-2005 09:30 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.