Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
OT: Update from my wife’s appointment
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

Update from my wife’s appointment from yesterday

Dear friends,
Here is a clip that Amanda is sending to her friends regarding yesterday’s appointment. I thought I would let you read her own words. If the lesion remains, we will probably head to Duke for the procedure. We have been told by several people, including the neurologist from yesterday, that the neurosurgeon at Duke is the best for this procedure, and we have been assured that we can get in with him. Thank you for taking time for the prayers, and for those who have told me that they are forwarding the information to friends or putting her/us on their church prayer list.. There is no doubt that the unexplainable peace we had yesterday was due from the prayers. Please continue to pray for her lesion to be gone so this nightmare will end. We are claiming Romans 8:28 for our lives. I will contact you later with the date of the MRI when it is scheduled, and of course, afterwards let you know of the outcome.
Thankful for you,
Bill

Hi Everyone,
Today we saw another neurologist at UMC, Dr. Ruth Fredericks. She basically said we do not need to settle on surgery for sure until we have another MRI. She wants us to do one in 4-6 weeks. She says she doesn't think I'm in any immediate danger. We told her that we were first told that everything would settle on its own without surgery, treatment, or meds, and then later that surgery was necessary. When we told her this, she paged the neurosurgeon to talk to him. They agreed to do the MRI, and then they will both meet with Bill and me at the same time. She said if the lesion is gone on the next MRI, that surgery will not be necessary. Our prayer is that God, in all His power, will heal me and that it will be gone when we have the next MRI. Please join us in praying that God will remove the lesion from my brain. I know that God has a plan for me and already knows how this is all going to happen. I have an unbelievable peace that I know has come because of the prayers of all of you. Thanks for them, and please continue! Please also pray for my husband and children, our families, and the doctors. The doctor told me today that I couldn't pick up Alex anymore. This is going to be hard on him, and on me, with everyday things like putting him in/out of the car, bathtub, etc. God is preparing me to be a comforter on His behalf. Go give your loved ones a big hug and tell them how much you love them!
Love in Christ, Amanda
07-20-2005 09:33 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

Your wife must be a very special person. Our prayers are with her and your family.
07-20-2005 09:37 AM
Advertisement

Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

bearcatfan Wrote:Your wife must be a very special person. Our prayers are with her and your family.
Ditto: May God be with you & yours....
07-20-2005 05:04 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

Eagle in the gym Wrote:Update from my wife’s appointment from yesterday

Dear friends,
Here is a clip that Amanda is sending to her friends regarding yesterday’s appointment. I thought I would let you read her own words. If the lesion remains, we will probably head to Duke for the procedure. We have been told by several people, including the neurologist from yesterday, that the neurosurgeon at Duke is the best for this procedure, and we have been assured that we can get in with him. Thank you for taking time for the prayers, and for those who have told me that they are forwarding the information to friends or putting her/us on their church prayer list.. There is no doubt that the unexplainable peace we had yesterday was due from the prayers. Please continue to pray for her lesion to be gone so this nightmare will end. We are claiming Romans 8:28 for our lives. I will contact you later with the date of the MRI when it is scheduled, and of course, afterwards let you know of the outcome.
Thankful for you,
Bill

Hi Everyone,
Today we saw another neurologist at UMC, Dr. Ruth Fredericks. She basically said we do not need to settle on surgery for sure until we have another MRI. She wants us to do one in 4-6 weeks. She says she doesn't think I'm in any immediate danger. We told her that we were first told that everything would settle on its own without surgery, treatment, or meds, and then later that surgery was necessary. When we told her this, she paged the neurosurgeon to talk to him. They agreed to do the MRI, and then they will both meet with Bill and me at the same time. She said if the lesion is gone on the next MRI, that surgery will not be necessary. Our prayer is that God, in all His power, will heal me and that it will be gone when we have the next MRI. Please join us in praying that God will remove the lesion from my brain. I know that God has a plan for me and already knows how this is all going to happen. I have an unbelievable peace that I know has come because of the prayers of all of you. Thanks for them, and please continue! Please also pray for my husband and children, our families, and the doctors. The doctor told me today that I couldn't pick up Alex anymore. This is going to be hard on him, and on me, with everyday things like putting him in/out of the car, bathtub, etc. God is preparing me to be a comforter on His behalf. Go give your loved ones a big hug and tell them how much you love them!
Love in Christ, Amanda
I sincerely hope everything goes well for you and your wife.
07-20-2005 07:11 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.