Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Doyle Says Mayo wants to be a Bearcat
Bookmark and Share
DJBEARCAT Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Red & Black

Wow....interesting stuff.
<a href='http://www.sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/entry/8655789' target='_blank'>http://www.sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/...s/entry/8655789</a>

07-19-2005 02:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hammerbearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I also like his thought that the 3 could commit on the basis that Huggs will be the coach in 2007. That would be major heat on Zunt!!!!!!!!!

07-19-2005 02:37 PM
Arsenal Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

one problem....she don't care!!! besides, if they did that would take away from her glorious alma mater, tO$U. one more reason it ain't gonna happen (but god i hope it does...)

07-19-2005 02:44 PM
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Its just amazing to me than an O$U grad and an XU grad have the most power at UC. Of course that doesnt say much for the idiots who brought these two clowns in...

07-19-2005 02:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Arsenal Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

marcus,
i've heard the song "elder's high...on marijuana" but your pic takes that to a whole new level....

go bombers!!!!!

07-19-2005 02:50 PM
skolar Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

NZ will not let three HS players dictate who will be coach. Nor should she.

07-19-2005 02:58 PM
cincybb51 Offline
BEARCAT FOREVER

I Root For: UC,Bengals,

Nor should she be president of UC.

07-19-2005 04:49 PM
Advertisement

Zoroaster Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati

Skolar,
That's the problem. Presumably, Nancy has some criteria on what should dictate a person's ability to be the UC Basketball coach, but she is not communicating that cirteria to anyone.

Perhaps the job description has something to do with one's willingness to provide the queen with daily toe jobs?

07-19-2005 05:09 PM
zimphete Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

skolar Wrote:NZ will not let three HS players dictate who will be coach.&nbsp; Nor should she.
Quote:cincybball51"Nor should she be president of UC."
:D

Bump :angel:

07-20-2005 12:01 AM
skolar Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

She hasn't handled this matter well at all, but in no way can you have a recruit dictate who the coach is. What if OJ Mayo said he'd only play at UC if Pete Gillen were coach? Would you support that?

07-20-2005 06:51 AM
Advertisement

LKR33 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

[QUOTEThat's the problem. Presumably, Nancy has some criteria on what should dictate a person's ability to be the UC Basketball coach, but she is not communicating that cirteria to anyone.]

I think Zimph wants the new coach to be the dean of the engineering program.

07-20-2005 07:30 AM
BearcatNeil Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I sure hope that Nancy and the Board are not making Hire/Fire policy decisions based on the wims of 3 High School Juniors at NCH. I hope we have not gotten to that point.
I can hear it now:

Board: Nancy, Where do we stand on the $100 million expansion to
the Medical School?

NZ: Have not started it yet.

Board: WHY NOT!!!

NZ: Mayo, has not signed off

Board: What does Mayo have to do with it?

NZ: He said he would take back his verbal if he did not get final
approval.

Board: How about the Law School expansion?

NZ: Walker said he would let me know next week.

Board: Thanks for the up-date.

If Mayo and Walker give a verbal based on Bob getting an extension, that would be the worst thing that could happen. NZ and the BOT would be backed in a corner where it would be viewed that 3 High School Juniors are dictating policy at the highest level of THE University of Cincinnati, that can not and will not be allowed. It is fine for them to express interest in playing for Bob at UC but ,issuing an ultimatum will turn Bob into TOAST.

07-20-2005 12:12 PM
Zoroaster Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati

Neil,
I think we would all be happy if the BOT and Nancy offered some insight into their decision making policy for hiring and firing. Ultimately, they have not offered an explanation...other than Cox's half-baked, misinformed ideas offered to SI.

I would be more than happy to hear their policy on hiring and firing, instead they hide behind "personal issues".

07-20-2005 12:44 PM
Advertisement

skolar Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Well said Neil.

Z - I agreee but the original post was a link to an article that suggested Mayo and Co should force NZ's hand.

07-20-2005 12:49 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

"Let me tell you something. Whichever school signs Mayo, Walker and Ellis will instantly become a 2008 Final Four favorite. With that as a carrot, Cincinnati's biggest boosters would put all kinds of heat on Zimpher to give Huggins an extension.

And if Zimpher still doesn't get the picture? Let her go down in history as the one person who killed Cincinnati basketball."

07-22-2005 08:32 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.