Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Athlon Big East Preview
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Big East Forecast

The Big East will have a decidedly new look this year, and one of the fresh faces is the favorite to win the league title. Louisville, Cincinnati and South Florida march into the depleted Big East, and the Cardinals are the pick to win the Big East in their first year. Coach Bobby Petrino has built up Louisville during his tenure there and they could wind up in the BCS for the first time by season's end.

By Athlon Sports
Published: June 30, 2005

Some coaches might wince at entering a new league and being picked to win a title in Year One. Not Louisville’s Bobby Petrino.

“It’s a credit to the way we played last year,
07-04-2005 02:42 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

I somehow don't see Schiano leaving if we win this year. Believe me this thing is Greg's baby he puts 150% of himself into his job every single day of the year. If we win this year suddenly Mr. Amazing Recruiter will haul in a Top 25 class along with Pitt and Louisville. Believe me when and if Greg gets this done he'll be synonymous with the program just as Knute Rockne is synonymous with Notre Dame and Paterno with State Penn. I think Wannstedt will end up similar with Pitt.
07-04-2005 08:36 PM
jtwvu87 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU & Texas A&M Univ

these guys from Athlon are idiots.....Rutgers has never finished above the mountaineers and never will. louisville might win the big east basketball title but they will not win the big east football title.

hell, wv was wininng the big east title when both miami and va.tech was in the conference and U of L is no miami or va.tech.

the big east will be won by either wv, pitt, or syracuse. i predict that U of L will never win the big east. U of L will need to show me some quality wins first before i can believe that can win the big east.

U of L will have a 3 for sure losses in the big east....
07-04-2005 10:31 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

jtwvu87 Wrote:these guys from Athlon are idiots.....Rutgers has never finished above the mountaineers and never will. louisville might win the big east basketball title but they will not win the big east football title.

hell, wv was wininng the big east title when both miami and va.tech was in the conference and U of L is no miami or va.tech.

the big east will be won by either wv, pitt, or syracuse. i predict that U of L will never win the big east. U of L will need to show me some quality wins first before i can believe that can win the big east.

Does beating Florida State within the past two years count.

Never is a awful long time my friend. We have the talent, fanbase and resourses to win the Big East.

Brian Brohm, Michael Bush, Brandon Johnson, Elvis Dumervil, Montavious Stanley, All American Travis Leffew and Jason Spitz will all likely be playing on Sundays in the very near future.
07-04-2005 11:35 PM
cuseroc Online
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

jtwvu87 Wrote:these guys from Athlon are idiots.....Rutgers has never finished above the mountaineers and never will. louisville might win the big east basketball title but they will not win the big east football title.

I really appreciate the zeal that you have for the old BE programs, but I have to totally disagree with you. Louisville certainly does have all the peices in place to win the BE this year. This does not mean that they will, but the Cards are more than capable of winning the BE this year. It will come down to Louisville or Pitt. Those 2 teams will have the most experienced and talented athletes this season.

WV has a lot of talent, but they are going to be very young and inexperienced along with the fact of getting a new and green qb, and Cuse will be very experienced but playing for a new coach in a new system, and I dont think that Cuse has the talent that Pitt, Louisville, or WV has.

Next year will be a different story, because there will be 4 very strong teams playing for the BE: Louisville, Pitt, WV and SU. And Cincy will be much improved as will be USF.
07-04-2005 11:46 PM
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

Good assessment Cuseroc...only I would add Rutgers to your list of strong schools next year. In a couple of years the Big East will be Hell on Wheels, sending at least 5 of their eight teams to a bowl every year. Twelve games, only seven in conference....you can have a loosing conference record and still go bowling. Who needs a bigger conference if 60% of your teams go bowling every year...We will be the happiest fans in the nation.
07-05-2005 09:50 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.