Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Big East and ACC settle
Pittusmc Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Here is info on the settlement between the Big East and the ACC. It seems all the games between the two conferences will be home and home games for the Big East .......Pitt and NC State, WVU and FSU, UConn and Virginia...the rest is in this link. It seems as if the two conferences are letting the past be the past.....even though I wish the Big East would cut ties from the ACC...for awhile anyways....because I dont like what they did and still hold a grudge!..IMO of coarse.

<a href='http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20050504-1618-bigeast-acclawsuit.html' target='_blank'>http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20050...acclawsuit.html</a>
05-05-2005 07:01 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Online

I Root For:

I think most of us here hold a grudge and will for a long time...but this is a pretty good deal....everyone needs to upgrade there non conference schedule just to make the TV contract valuable and give us a chance to prove our worth on the field....and we were able to sign on for several quality non conference games at the same time...like I said...this was a good move on our part

-- Found it intersting that BC wasn't one of the schools playing a BE team....I thought a couple more BC/Uconn games would be big draws for both teams

Jackson
05-05-2005 07:48 AM
Pittusmc Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Jackson.....I totally agree with it being better for our non conference schedule. Its just that since this mess started, everything has been going the ACC's way....winning court battles...ect against the BE. Its just to bad that the non conference games cant come against other schools besides the ACC. .......just wishing here! 04-rock
05-05-2005 08:21 AM
Jackson1011 Online

I Root For:

Hey I understand...but Pitt and West Virgina can't turn down playing Miami and FSU....no matter what conference there in

--Speaking of high profile games...looks like Penn St is going to continue to dodge both of us when it comes to scheduling (despite there being a 12th game)...FSU will give WVU a one for one and Pitt doesn't even have to return its game to Miami put PSU still wants a 2 for 1 from both of us....where do they find the arrogance?...I hate PSU almost as much as the ACC

Jackson
05-05-2005 08:48 AM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:

as long as we keep the autobid the big east will be fine, it should provide the resources and attractiveness to recruits to rebuild the conference, we just need strong seasons from louisville and pitt. i wouldn't say the acc has won every battle, they were against the 12 game rule and the new autobid rules looks like they were tipped in the big east's favor. a question, are the old money distribution rules still in effect or is it distributed relatively equally among conference members?
05-05-2005 11:48 AM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals

Quote:Speaking of high profile games...looks like Penn St is going to continue to dodge both of us when it comes to scheduling (despite there being a 12th game)...FSU will give WVU a one for one and Pitt doesn't even have to return its game to Miami put PSU still wants a 2 for 1 from both of us....where do they find the arrogance?
I dunno, but it would appear that since PSU has more seats, they have the bargaining leverage over WVU and Pitt -- they don't need the game nearly as bad as (it appears) WVU and Pitt want it.

Quote: as long as we keep the autobid the big east will be fine, it should provide the resources and attractiveness to recruits to rebuild the conference, we just need strong seasons from louisville and pitt.
The Big East has the autobid, but recruits will start to take note of the Big East losing high-level non-BCS bowl tie-ins. If I'm a BCS conference coach/recruiter from, say, the ACC, that's just another recruiting advantage -- "Son, even if we have an 'off' year, I can get you to a New Year's Day bowl game... can the Big East offer that...?"
05-05-2005 12:07 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

MongoSlade Wrote:
Quote:Speaking of high profile games...looks like Penn St is going to continue to dodge both of us when it comes to scheduling (despite there being a 12th game)...FSU will give WVU a one for one and Pitt doesn't even have to return its game to Miami put PSU still wants a 2 for 1 from both of us....where do they find the arrogance?
I dunno, but it would appear that since PSU has more seats, they have the bargaining leverage over WVU and Pitt -- they don't need the game nearly as bad as (it appears) WVU and Pitt want it.

Quote: as long as we keep the autobid the big east will be fine, it should provide the resources and attractiveness to recruits to rebuild the conference, we just need strong seasons from louisville and pitt.
The Big East has the autobid, but recruits will start to take note of the Big East losing high-level non-BCS bowl tie-ins. If I'm a BCS conference coach/recruiter from, say, the ACC, that's just another recruiting advantage -- "Son, even if we have an 'off' year, I can get you to a New Year's Day bowl game... can the Big East offer that...?"
Of course the UNC recruiter would be lying if he said that. F UNC and Duke
05-05-2005 12:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:

yeah but if you were a program like pittsburgh. you can honestly tell a recruit that we have a legititamite shot at a bcs bowl (which is what they really care about) every year. instead of before when it was very unlikely for any team outside miami or va tech to go. west va proved last year that we're still capable of getting the big recruits, now that the conference is set, we need to start winning some games to improve our reputation.
05-05-2005 12:32 PM
catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU

Quote:you can honestly tell a recruit that we have a legititamite shot at a bcs bowl (which is what they really care about) every year. instead of before when it was very unlikely for any team outside miami or va tech to go.

In other words "Son, our conference is so weak now that even we can contend for a BCS spot."

Oh yeah....that'll have the bluechips lining up two by two.
05-05-2005 12:40 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

catdaddy_2402 Wrote:
Quote:you can honestly tell a recruit that we have a legititamite shot at a bcs bowl (which is what they really care about) every year. instead of before when it was very unlikely for any team outside miami or va tech to go.

In other words "Son, our conference is so weak now that even we can contend for a BCS spot."

Its better than what a CUSA coach could say. " Son, come to memphis, if we get into the BE, you can get into a bcs game."
05-05-2005 12:45 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:

haha, exactly 04-cheers
05-05-2005 12:47 PM
Advertisement

USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:

and like i said before west va got gwaltney, syracuse beat out miami for lobdell, pitt brang in a very good class which will only get better once wanny fortifies his penn and florida pipelines. we got carlton hill and probably will land schaeffer. louisville got heyman and roche along with several other blue chippers. our conference as a whole is still bringing in some very good players, we just need to win to help better our reputation.
05-05-2005 12:52 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

cuseroc Wrote:
catdaddy_2402 Wrote:

Its better than what a CUSA coach could say. " Son, come to memphis, if we get into the BE, you can get into a bcs game."
I think catdaddy is a Clemson fan. What they can tell recruits is this, "son" you can come to our school and become Miami, Florida State and VPI b!tch.
05-05-2005 01:08 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

Maize Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
catdaddy_2402 Wrote:

I think catdaddy is a Clemson fan. What they can tell recruits is this, "son" you can come to our school and become Miami, Florida State and VPI b!tch.
No catdaddy is an ECU fan, too! He has a free pass to spew his crap over there by the admins.

41-0 Loser

Clempsum nice uniforms--->laughingstock of cfb

How is Clempsum basketball going--I hear you are shooting for 3,000 in littlejohn next year
05-05-2005 01:12 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:

[Image: 05white-lg.jpg]

this pic never gets old :thumb:
05-05-2005 01:18 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

TexanMark Wrote:
Maize Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
catdaddy_2402 Wrote:

No catdaddy is an ECU fan, too! He has a free pass to spew his crap over there by the admins.

41-0 Loser

Clempsum nice uniforms--->laughingstock of cfb

How is Clempsum basketball going--I hear you are shooting for 3,000 in littlejohn next year
Either way, any ECU or Clemson fan should not be on a BE board trying to put down anybody for their fb programs. At least not until they get a fb program.
05-05-2005 01:21 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

USFMike Wrote:[Image: 05white-lg.jpg]

What is it's name? I heard Pat, but I'm not sure?
05-05-2005 01:23 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

USFMike Wrote:[Image: 05white-lg.jpg]

:) :) 03-razz Everytime I see that picture, i try to figure out, is that a guy or is that a really ugly girl with hairy legs.
05-05-2005 01:23 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:

cuseroc Wrote::)&nbsp; :)&nbsp; 03-razz&nbsp; Everytime I see that picture, i try to figure out, is that a&nbsp; guy or is that a really ugly girl with hairy legs.
nah, it's worse it's a kicker :laugh:
05-05-2005 01:28 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

USFMike Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote::)  :)  03-razz &nbsp; Everytime I see that picture, i try to figure out, is that a  guy or is that a really ugly girl with hairy legs.
nah, it's worse it's a kicker :laugh:
At least the female kicker for UNM was pretty
05-05-2005 01:39 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.