Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The 5 Stages of an ECU fan
ivet Offline
1st String

I Root For: ThePaul, Hoya

Denial -There is no way we wont get a BE invite this time, no way! We have updated our facilities, a rabid fanbase that fully supports the program and sells out home games, we play the toughest schedule in Conf USA every year, even won a few championships....No Way they wont pick us.

Anger - WTF! we weren't picked? BS! Screw you BE, SCREW you, you undeserving ingrates! screw all of your fanbase-let me just spew my anger on message boards about the BE posters whose schools I think are undeserving and why we are more deserving. I'm going to make fun of the BE for reaching out to the Pacific Ocean to get schools, I'm going to talk smack about the new schools. Screw those Catholics BBall schools, they don't drive the BUS, WE DO! Their the reason for all this. Screw you Providence, Screw you John Marinatto-you donut eating, man tit having, cross-eyed, do everything ND says, ManCHILD.

Bargaining - I tell ya what, If we get in the BE I promise you our program will be the best team there, we'll even accept a FBall only, oh whats that, move us to the West Division and force us to travel thousands of miles for games every year? Thats OK by us! Here, we even wrote you a letter for our request to join, those blank lines are for you to write the demands, as you noticed we already signed the bottom so feel free to put whatever you want.

Depression - We did everything we could possibly do, why didn't they invite us? 03-weeping this is the fate of ECU forever...03-weeping I hate the AQ system for destroying programs like us03-weeping I hate the BE 03-weeping We are stuck in a watered down, obviously desperate Alliance, we might as well join the Sun Belt 03-weeping

Acceptance - Alright, I guess we aren't in. Lets just focus on winning and be ranked continuously the next few years. Lets show the country that we can be a national brand. Lets sell out games even against bad teams like Memphis. Lets stop being obnoxious A-holes and stop blaming everyone that's not part of the Purple Pirate Nation for our misfortunes. Congratulations to the BE and the New members, We hope to join you, or some other conference, in the near future. Aarrr :ecu:

Have we come to stage 5 yet Pirate Nation? Because that would make this place much more delightful-might even have some nice civil conversations here. Honestly though, I hope you guys got this all out of your system and hope you get your just dues in the near future.

Side note, did you guys know there is a smilies emoticon just for you? It even has your name...:ecu: Arr me matey! but shouldn't he be purple?
12-13-2011 05:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
RE: The 5 Stages of an ECU fan
There is a smack talk board for this
12-13-2011 05:58 PM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports
(12-13-2011 05:57 PM)ivet Wrote:  The 5 Stages of an ECU fan

Denial -There is no way we wont get a BE invite this time, no way! We have updated our facilities, a rabid fanbase that fully supports the program and sells out home games, we play the toughest schedule in Conf USA every year, even won a few championships....No Way they wont pick us.

Anger - WTF! we weren't picked? BS! Screw you BE, SCREW you, you undeserving ingrates! screw all of your fanbase-let me just spew my anger on message boards about the BE posters whose schools I think are undeserving and why we are more deserving. I'm going to make fun of the BE for reaching out to the Pacific Ocean to get schools, I'm going to talk smack about the new schools. Screw those Catholics BBall schools, they don't drive the BUS, WE DO! Their the reason for all this. Screw you Providence, Screw you John Marinatto-you donut eating, man tit having, cross-eyed, do everything ND says, ManCHILD.

Bargaining - I tell ya what, If we get in the BE I promise you our program will be the best team there, we'll even accept a FBall only, oh whats that, move us to the West Division and force us to travel thousands of miles for games every year? Thats OK by us! Here, we even wrote you a letter for our request to join, those blank lines are for you to write the demands, as you noticed we already signed the bottom so feel free to put whatever you want.

Depression - We did everything we could possibly do, why didn't they invite us? 03-weeping this is the fate of ECU forever...03-weeping I hate the AQ system for destroying programs like us03-weeping I hate the BE 03-weeping We are stuck in a watered down, obviously desperate Alliance, we might as well join the Sun Belt 03-weeping

Acceptance - Alright, I guess we aren't in. Lets just focus on winning and be ranked continuously the next few years. Lets show the country that we can be a national brand. Lets sell out games even against bad teams like Memphis. Lets stop being obnoxious A-holes and stop blaming everyone that's not part of the Purple Pirate Nation for our misfortunes. Congratulations to the BE and the New members, We hope to join you, or some other conference, in the near future. Aarrr :ecu:

Have we come to stage 5 yet Pirate Nation? Because that would make this place much more delightful-might even have some nice civil conversations here. Honestly though, I hope you guys got this all out of your system and hope you get your just dues in the near future.

Side note, did you guys know there is a smilies emoticon just for you? It even has your name...:ecu: Arr me matey! but shouldn't he be purple?

Sure is tough being the only Depaul fan out there, huh?
12-13-2011 06:06 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
The past 5 years of DePaul Basketball....

2006-2007 = 20-14
2007-2008 = 11-19
2008-2009 = 9-24
2009-2010 = 8-23
2010-2011 = 7-24
2011-2012 =???????

I'm pretty sure ECU could've managed that.
12-13-2011 06:20 PM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
Itake out the part about wishing to be in the big east. We just want to be on level (or better) recruiting ground with the rest of the schools in nc. Big east or not (preferably a better option). But aside from that that looks about right for a good amount of the ecu posts i've seen around here.
12-13-2011 06:24 PM
ivet Offline
1st String

(12-13-2011 06:20 PM)NoQuarter08 Wrote:  The past 5 years of DePaul Basketball....

2006-2007 = 20-14
2007-2008 = 11-19
2008-2009 = 9-24
2009-2010 = 8-23
2010-2011 = 7-24
2011-2012 =???????

I'm pretty sure ECU could've managed that.

DePaul's in the BE, what conference is ECU in? :ecu: Aaarrr
12-13-2011 06:25 PM
Advertisement

randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners

who in the hell is depaul?
12-13-2011 06:27 PM
AnnapolisPirate Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: East Carolina
funny...

I'm regretting this as I type, because encouragement is the last thing I want to do but...

You must miss those trips from Lincoln Park to the lovely burb of Rosemont. Especially being in the heart of acc country, with few fellow alums around. You probably have to put up with ECU alums at work too, thus your disdain for the school.

Just feel lucky that your school got the Notre Dame handout in 03, and at least had the opportunity to benefit from the Big East welfare program. That said, you have done about as much it as Temple did as a football member.

FWIW, the bargaining phase doesn't help fans, and I'm stuck intermittently between anger and depression over the Big East's anal glaucoma (Though I understand the school's desire to add Houston, UCF and Boise. Houston has been up for a few years under Sumlin and they have momentum, as does Boise. UCF adds a certain date in Fla every year. SMU, good elitist private school that matches BE school types and another recruiting trip to Texas. SDSU was the handout to ensure Boise came aboard, so they can keep the CA connection alive)

ECU's market isn't readily apparent and we haven't been good enough to overcome the perceived drawbacks. This is very frustrating as we have been putting a very big investment into facilities, including basketball. At least I know of of many other ECU folks I can commiserate with at the bars up here. Guess I'll have the passionate camaraderie with my fellow Pirates to keep me going. That and the certain knowledge that as bad as ECU basketball is said to be, it's better than DePaul's.
12-13-2011 06:30 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
I'd rather have stages than no stages at all...... atleast we have a fiery, passionate, large fanbase that yearns for success and to grow as a program. I understand there are those that take this a little too seriously and they are on the fringe. Most large fanbases have these idiots. Just look at how far it can progress (Harvey Updyke). There are so many variables as to why ECU fans act the way we do that have been discussed ad nauseum. Lets put this to bed. Well wishes to all current and future BE members!
12-13-2011 06:31 PM
Brick City Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For:

You forgot the 6th stage:Disbelief. After going thru the 5 stages Pirate fans said to themselves, "We went thru 5 stages after being rejected by that joke of a conference, man what a waste of valuable time".04-jawdrop
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 06:51 PM by Brick City Pirate.)
12-13-2011 06:49 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

Can we just move this to the smack board now and save everyone the time and trouble?
12-13-2011 06:53 PM
Advertisement

WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

Throwing stones in glass houses eh?
12-13-2011 07:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

I Root For: American Rising
Like I said in another thread............"and people wonder why ECU fans get so defensive".

Impressive post though.............very witty for someone with the IQ of a pencil.
12-13-2011 07:14 PM
ivet Offline
1st String

(12-13-2011 06:53 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Can we just move this to the smack board now and save everyone the time and trouble?

No way. 95% of these threads end up being ECU smack talk, why aren't they all moved there?

Anyways this is the running count so far depending on how ECU fans answered this.

Anger - HP-TBDPITL, NoQuarter08, AnnapolisPirate, b0ndsj0ns, ECUPirated

Depression - AnnapolisPirate, b0ndsj0ns,

Acceptance - ncbeta, NBPirate, Brick City Pirate (no disbelief but that sounds like acceptance), WalkThePlank?

We're slowly getting there, some have gone to acceptance which is good, baby steps I guess
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 07:17 PM by ivet.)
12-13-2011 07:16 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(12-13-2011 07:16 PM)ivet Wrote:  
(12-13-2011 06:53 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Can we just move this to the smack board now and save everyone the time and trouble?

No way. 95% of these threads end up being ECU smack talk, why aren't they all moved there?

Anyways this is the running count so far depending on how ECU fans answered this.

Anger - HP-TBDPITL, NoQuarter08, AnnapolisPirate, b0ndsj0ns, ECUPirated

Depression - AnnapolisPirate, b0ndsj0ns,

Acceptance - ncbeta, NBPirate, Brick City Pirate (no disbelief but that sounds like acceptance), WalkThePlank?

We're slowly getting there, some have gone to acceptance which is good, baby steps I guess

Damn I am angry and depressed? Geez things just aren't going good for me at all. 03-melodramatic

Also this one was started for no other reason but to troll. At least all the others have had a topic other than trolling a fanbase.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 07:25 PM by b0ndsj0ns.)
12-13-2011 07:23 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

Yes I am angry. I'm angry at the fact that a college town school has essentially been locked out of improving their situation in a college game.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 07:28 PM by blunderbuss.)
12-13-2011 07:26 PM
Advertisement

ivet Offline
1st String

(12-13-2011 07:23 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Damn I am angry and depressed? Geez things just aren't going good for me at all. 03-melodramatic

Also this one was started for no other reason but to troll. At least all the others have had a topic other than trolling a fanbase.

you go back and forth depending on the thread.

but isn't that what majority of ECU fans on here been doing to these threads? Hijack it then troll along, especially you. I mean how many times do we have to hear you guys complain about how you got shafted, how you're more deserving, how you're much better than many BE schools-do this over and over and over and over and over again. That is trolling. suck it up up already. Some have already did. As long as there are trolls-there are troll eaters.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 07:33 PM by ivet.)
12-13-2011 07:31 PM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
This is the funniest thread I've read on this board in a long time. Bravo!
12-13-2011 07:33 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(12-13-2011 07:31 PM)ivet Wrote:  
(12-13-2011 07:23 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Damn I am angry and depressed? Geez things just aren't going good for me at all. 03-melodramatic

you go back and forth depending on the thread.

but isn't that what majority of ECU fans on here been doing to these threads? Hijack it then troll along, especially you. I mean how many times do we have to hear you guys complain about how you got shafted, how you're more deserving, how you're much better than many BE schools-do this over and over and over and over and over again. That is trolling. suck it up up already. Some have already did. As long as there are trolls-there are troll eaters.

You'll probably have to keep hearing it forever in some form, and the longer junk like this thread comes up the worse it's probably going to be.
12-13-2011 07:35 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

[Image: 6a01157091e704970b012875ab9404970c-500pi]
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2011 07:48 PM by blunderbuss.)
12-13-2011 07:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.