Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Anyone else suprised that ND and Depual..
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Now I'm not ND fan...but it is an absolute joke that UAB got in over ND....this isn't good for the future of the 16 team league when the team who has the toughest confernece schedule..beats UConn and BC, goes 9-7 in league play, only faulters at the end of the season because of injuries doesn't make it in the tourney

Jackson
03-13-2005 08:56 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Maize Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Here in Louisville we are still pissed about being a 4 seed. But we will get over it and will take care of business in Nashville. This is even more motivation for the Cardinals.

Kentucky Final RPI 11/NCAA Seed 2
Louisville Final RPI 12/NCAA Seed 4
UConn Final RPI 13/NCAA Seed 2

<a href='http://kenpom.com/rpi.php' target='_blank'>http://kenpom.com/rpi.php</a>

What is wrong with this picture, a team wins 18 out of 19 and still gets no respect. This is another reason why I will be glad to be playing in the Big East next season. If you win 29 games in the Big East you are a 1 Seed.
03-13-2005 09:02 PM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

I don't have any real complaints about either one of these choices.

Notre Dame played itself out of the tournament. It went 4-6 in its last 10 regularly scheduled games, and lost in the first round of the tournament. I really thought a "tipping point" for Notre Dame was its loss to UCLA. Notre Dame played very poorly and lost convincingly to UCLA in South Bend. Notre Dame ran out of gas at the end of the year.

UAB was 2nd to the last team selected for the tournament. It was lucky to get into the NCAA.

I was really surprised that the MAC only got one team in, a 13 seed at that. MAC fans are not a happy group right now.
03-13-2005 09:07 PM
RUmojo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rutgers

I'm not surprised.
03-13-2005 09:08 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Maize....I was thinking the same thing...if you all where in the BE this yr you would be a 1 or 2 seed for sure

Again...not to harp about the UAB/ND thing...but here is ND's schedule <a href='http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teamsched?teamId=87' target='_blank'>Irish basketball</a>....I don't think UAB would have a winning record playing those kind of schools

Quote:Notre Dame played itself out of the tournament. It went 4-6 in its last 10 regularly scheduled games, and lost in the first round of the tournament

-- They had some injuries...Chris Quinn has been hurt..you have a winning record in BE conference play you should make the toureny..period

Jackson
03-13-2005 09:09 PM
Maize Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Jackson, how many returning starters do you have coming back next year.
03-13-2005 09:13 PM
Advertisement

WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

The biggest travesty of justice in the selection process was Louisville getting tagged with a #4 seed.

I think the committee probably had one too many tropical drinks when that decision was made.
03-13-2005 09:14 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:Jackson, how many returning starters do you have coming back next year.

-- Four....really are only loss is Tyrone Salley..a 4 yr starter....but he was ill at the BE tourney and his replacement for next yr performed amazingly well...on paper at least next yrs West Virginia team will be our most talented in a long time

Jackson
03-13-2005 09:17 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

U know what, I get so sick and tired of people talking about how other teams are so superior to UAB. U know what, if ND was so freakin good then they should have beaten Rutgers and this conversation would not be happening. UAB had injuries as well but we didn't make excuses so don't make them for ND.

UAB got the bid so deal with Jackson and be lucking WVU made the field. THey were life support earlier this year.

Good luck in the damn tourney!
03-13-2005 10:01 PM
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF

ND, DePaul, Maryland, Indiana, all didn't deserve to go. None of them seperated themselves from the pack of bubble teams, and when you run that risk, you have a good chance of not making it. UAB played that same game, and it just turns out they got the nod. Congrats to the Blazers.
I think the big travesty was Northern Iowa over Buffalo.....MAC was a tough conference this year, and Buffalo was IMO the next best left. They are certainly this year's "mid major that got screwed".
03-13-2005 10:07 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers

Notre Dame's OOC SOS= 267
UAB's OOC SOS= 115

Things that make you go hmmm... :rolleyes: Now why are you complaining again?
03-13-2005 10:10 PM
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:

I'll go one better:

Non-Conf RPI
ND 158
UAB 37

<a href='http://www.kenpom.com/rpi.php' target='_blank'>Ken Pomeroy</a>
03-13-2005 10:16 PM
STLouis Blazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

Bad losses are going to happen to most good teams but losing to a scrub team in your conference tournament is ridiculous. You also have a losing record in your last 10 games.

We may only be 5-5 but 3 of those wins were on the road/neutral and without one of our best all-around players who just happened to win CUSA 6th Man of the Year.

One more thing to think about...we may not have beat the best teams but they sure as hell had a very hard time beating us. All 4 losses to Louisville, Charlotte, and Cincy came down to the final minute.
03-13-2005 10:16 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:U know what, I get so sick and tired of people talking about how other teams are so superior to UAB. U know what, if ND was so freakin good then they should have beaten Rutgers and this conversation would not be happening. UAB had injuries as well but we didn't make excuses so don't make them for ND.

-- First of all...its is a dangerous precident for next yr and beyond for a team with a winning BE conference record NOT to make the tourney...if the BE consisted of only the Catholic schools would ND have been in? I certinaly think so

-- Secondly...I'm not trying to pick on UAB....the Blazers convinced the right people that they belong and that's all that counts...but I look at UABs schedule...they only played four ranked teams all yr and lost to all of them...ND played four ranked team between 1/30 and 2/12 which included giving BC there first loss of the yr and a huge win over UConn...the only thing I see that UAB did was feast on all the dead bball weight in CUSA...

Jackson
03-13-2005 10:17 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Did UAB actually beat anyone who made the field of 65 all yr? :rolleyes:

Jackson
03-13-2005 10:21 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

Jackson1011 Wrote:
Quote:U know what, I get so sick and tired of people talking about how other teams are so superior to UAB. U know what, if ND was so freakin good then they should have beaten Rutgers and this conversation would not be happening. UAB had injuries as well but we didn't make excuses so don't make them for ND.

-- First of all...its is a dangerous precident for next yr and beyond for a team with a winning BE conference record NOT to make the tourney...if the BE consisted of only the Catholic schools would ND have been in? I certinaly think so

-- Secondly...I'm not trying to pick on UAB....the Blazers convinced the right people that they belong and that's all that counts...but I look at UABs schedule...they only played four ranked teams all yr and lost to all of them...ND played four ranked team between 1/30 and 2/12 which included giving BC there first loss of the yr and a huge win over UConn...the only thing I see that UAB did was feast on all the dead bball weight in CUSA...

Jackson
And beat Clemson, Oral Roberts, VCU, Alabama A&M, Murray St, etc ... all very good teams in their respective conferences. Heck, Clemson beat fellow bubble team Maryland THREE times. UAB beat Clemson... and not at our house.
03-13-2005 10:22 PM
Advertisement

Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

Jackson1011 Wrote:Did UAB actually beat anyone who made the field of 65 all yr? :rolleyes:

Jackson
1, Alabama A&M... several that could have/should have been in it: VCU and Oral Roberts. Murray St was also pretty good in their conference. Belmont also went to the finals of their conference tourney I believe. We played alot of top teams from their respective conferences. A school like Notre Dame would NOT schedule UAB. We play who we can, and if that means the upper teams in midmajor conferences, then so be it. We got the job done.
03-13-2005 10:25 PM
USFBullSpit Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

The worst part about all of this is what is being talked about on ESPN radio and how the Big East thought that it would have at least 7 bids this year. Now they are making the expansion deal look really bad for Cincy, DePaul, Marquette, and others because they said that in no shape or form will a conference ever have 7 or more bids. There might be a lot of teams not happy next year besides Notre Dame. UAB got in over DePaul because they beat DePaul twice. Notre Dame fell because of the unbalanced Big East schedule, they had the toughest road to take. I thought Miami OH should have got in too.
03-13-2005 10:25 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Jackson1011 Wrote:-- First of all...its is a dangerous precident for next yr and beyond for a team with a winning BE conference record NOT to make the tourney...if the BE consisted of only the Catholic schools would ND have been in? I certinaly think so

Jackson
First off being Catholic has nothing to do with getting into the Dance. If you're good enough you get in. ND has been dancing before. And personally, it may have help ND if Digger had shut his trap and stop politicking for them to get in. Another unfair advantage for UAB to deal with. We don't have anyone like that to lobby for us.

Secondly, you are picking on UAB and you only have the BE interest at heart. And you should. But considering what UAB what up against, Digger, Vitale and the BE bias it's amazing that UAB did get in over ND. But you know what? Chalk one up for the little known school over worldly known ND.

Suck it up and move Jackson.
03-13-2005 10:26 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:First off being Catholic has nothing to do with getting into the Dance. If you're good enough you get in. ND has been dancing before. And personally, it may have help ND if Digger had shut his trap and stop politicking for them to get in. Another unfair advantage for UAB to deal with. We don't have anyone like that to lobby for us.

-- What I was implying is that if the football schools/Catholic schools were in two seperate leagues instead of one big one...ND and maybe GT would have gotten in...again this a bad precedent for the 16 team league next yr

-- Congrats on beating ACC dormat Clemson and Bama A+M...but those wins don't come close to some teams ND has beaten this yr

Quote:Suck it up and move Jackson

-- If you don't like what I'm saying then perhaps you should go back to your own board...or better yet make an argument that would convince me of your point of view...non conference wins over Clemson and Bama A+M do not impress me...."Ws" over UC, UL, UNCC would have...but you don't have any

Jackson
03-13-2005 10:35 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.