Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
BEAST FOOTBALL NEXT YEAR
UCBearcat4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats

A user on BigEast.org wrote this message, Predicting Conference Records next year. Does this seem Accurate, if not, what would you change?

"Looneyville will win the conference next year (but it won't run the table). Here is my 2005 conference prediction: Looneyville 6-1, Pitt 5-2, 'Cuse 5-2, W Virginia 5-2, Uconn 4-3,
Cincy 1-6, Rutgers 1-6, USF 1-6.
11-29-2004 04:44 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

I think WV will actually be better next year, with some fresh blood and new chemistry. We host Louisville and Pitt, but travel to Syracuse. I see it shaping up something like this (alot will depend on the home/road schedules). I seriously can see all the Top 4 teams as potential Top 20, if not higher.

1. WVU
2. Louisville
3. Syracuse
4. Pittsburgh
5. South Florida
6. Connecticut
7. Cincy
8. Rutgers
11-29-2004 06:27 PM
#1bearcatfan
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

wvucrazed Wrote:1. WVU
2. Louisville
3. Syracuse
4. Pittsburgh
5. South Florida
6. Connecticut
7. Cincy
8. Rutgers
Why do you think USF will be better than UC?
besides the fact we don't know who will play QB next year!
11-29-2004 06:40 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

I feel like Cincy is due for a slight drop next year without Gino. Could be wrong - that's why they play the games 04-cheers
11-29-2004 06:41 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

My pics for next year

1. Pitt
2. Louisville
3. West Virginia
4. Syracuse
5. Uconn
6. UC
7. USF
8. Rutgers

Jackson
11-29-2004 08:01 PM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows

not going to lie; UC is losing 25 seniors and will be heavy on the Fresman and Sophmore classes. I'll give them an upset or two though.
11-29-2004 09:23 PM
Advertisement

EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

I Root For: The Ville

My pics

1. Louisville
2. Pitt
3. Syracuse
4. WVU
5. UConn
6. USF
7. UC
8. RU
11-30-2004 08:53 AM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows

I hope the coaches feel the same way; I believe UC was picked to be 8th in the conference and ends up in a 3 way tie for 2nd
11-30-2004 10:55 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

Pitt destroyed USF today...@ USF

Tell me again why the BE wanted USF?

They are proving nothing now that 1A acknowledges them!! Yeah yeah yeah youwere whatever and whatever wehn you played that CUSA conference schedule before you were offically in CUSA and won some games..but since being in it "for real" you guys suck.

ECU can at least say before the last 3 years of football treacherey that we were always in the T3 in CUSA every year. And knocked off some big time opponents. :saber:
12-04-2004 10:02 PM
nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Quote:Tell me again why the BE wanted USF?
Big potential. Big market. And we were lacking a team with green as one of their colors.
12-04-2004 10:22 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

Quote:Big potential. Big market. And we were lacking a team with green as one of their colors.

:D I LOVE IT..it all makes sense now 03-cool 03-confused :eek: 04-drinky :bang: 03-wink 03-razz :crying:
12-04-2004 10:51 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

My Predictions for 2005
Big East
1. Louisville 10-1 Overall/6-1 in Big East
2. Pittsburgh 9-2 Overall/5-2 in Big East
2. West Virginia 8-3 Overall/5-2 in Big East
4. UConn 7-4 Overall/4-3 in Big East
4. USF 6-5 Overall/4-3 in Big East
6. Syracuse-6-5 Overall/3-4 in Big East
7. Rutgers 3-8 Overall/2-5 in Big East
8. Cincinnati 2-9 Overall/1-6 in Big East

USF in a surprise pick here, a lot of young talent.
Syracuse, Coach P will be back IMO, not good for the Cuse.
Cincinnati, Dantonio is a good coach but you lose a lot of starters this year.
12-05-2004 12:50 AM
nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

1a. Louisville
1b. Pittsburgh
3. West Virginia
4. Syracuse
5. UConn
6. Rutgers
7. Cincinnati
8. South Florida
12-05-2004 12:35 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

Bottom line is we just dont know who gonna win this thing out right.

1. UL has a great team. They will be the favorite. However, I am sure WVA and PITT will have something to say about that. Both of those teams are loaded and can do some damage. Pitt has literally grew up in front of our eyes.

2. UCONN will lose a lot at OL and LB. Also, UCONN is losing Dan O at QB. UCONN is loaded at RBs. The new OL might be good, but we dont know. Also we have a great kid at QB (DJ Hernandez) that could excel. DJ will bring a lot of speed and running capability and a cannon of an arm. Basically, we have no idea what UCONN will bring to the table but we do trust our coach Randy Edsall to bring a good team. Recruiting this off season gonna be huge for the Huskies.

3. Coaching situation at Cuse is up and down. We will see. Cuse could be the surprise team next year but we don't know.

4. RU might finally have a decent season. Time is running out for Greg Schiano and it is time for him to step it up.

5. South Florida does not look good at all. Dont know where they will be in their first season in the BE.

6. Cincy might be in for a long season too. Their coach is a good coach, so we dont know. A lot depends on their recruiting this off season. I hope their fans will show up for games.

The good thing is a lot of teams have chances. UL will also find out it is much harder to win in the BE on the road than it is in the CUSA. There should be some good games and UL won't be able to score 55 a game like this year. It should be a fun season.
12-05-2004 02:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Is every ECU fan on Viagara? I think that it is impossible for any ECU fan to post anything without the "USF sucks" componut. Every post contains: USF sucks, has no history, has only played football for 8 years, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah...... Get over it! You folks are starting to sound like our envious neighbors to our east.

FACTS:

1) USF is in the Big East.
2) ECU is NOT!
3) USF is 3-0 vs ECU in football.
4) ECU will get better. Football runs in cycles.

Post positives on why your school should or should not be in the Big East. Your constant ripping of USF only makes ECU and you posters look childish.

Gte a Life....... JMHO................. 04-cheers
12-06-2004 09:08 AM
Brick City Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For:

TyBull, If ECU were to get into the Big East, I would want every school to be successful. There are positives & negatives associated with any school. Sometimes when we defend ECU, I guess it's natural to use other schools to bolster our argument. In the end, any school that wants entry into the Big East, will use the reasoning that other current Big East members currently use when they defend SoFla. once they become a fellow member.
12-06-2004 10:10 AM
Advertisement

Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

If I had a vote, and I don't, I would vote ECU to the Big East. I REALLY ENJOYED the last two roadies to Greenville the last two years. ECU gets me up to the surf of North & South Carolina. Greenville will be the only "car" roadie that we from Tampa would be able to get to. SSSOOOOOO, please go easy on USF. Promote ECU......... I'm with you'll........

P.S...... What are you thoughts on Skip Holtz?
12-06-2004 12:12 PM
Brick City Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For:

Ty, I think the hiring of Skip Holtz was a good decision. He had success as a head coach at UConn before they became D1a. He is very familar with North & South Carolina recruiting & can start right away which is important. His name alone will get ECU more attention from recruits than in the recent past.

ECU will be winning again shortly. Pirate Nation has endured a lot of turmoil since Chancellor Eakin retired. We now have leadership stability. We have a well know successful AD that knows what needs to be done. In the end, the Big East will not regret admitting ECU if that were to happen!
12-06-2004 12:29 PM
pirates4life Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Myself being an ECU student was skeptical at first because I was uninformed about him as a coach. The more I began to research him and the more i read the more i liked him as a coach. I really like that hes young, ethusiastic, and he has a chip on his shoulder to prove people wrong. I really like what he said in the press conference about him being skip holtz and not lou holtz son. Hes trying to not rely on his dad and making a name for himself. As far as I can tell Game ****** fans loved him, recruits loved to play for him. Being as young as he is at only 40 he does have a wealth of experience. Hes coached and run his own program in UCONN and built them to a point where they could make the transition into the Big East, hes the son of one of the best coaches in history, and hes coached under Bobby Bowden. He is a great offensive mind which is what we are used to. If we can somehow get our defense straight we should be a force again like we used to be. He wants to recruit eastern north carolina first and work our way out which is sure to win over the pirate nation and he wants to win now. He has the ability to put together a quality staff which is something we lacked last year and is well connected. I think we got a steal at only 150,000 which gives us more money to attract quality assistants. If the Big East Commissioner thinks highly of him we all should as well. I love his attitude, ethusiasm, and committment because he realizes where we were several years ago and he wants to take us there again. People might have been hoping for a bigger name but we are finding a coach for now and 5 plus years for now but what if we hired a big name whos to say they would stay here for a year and then leave to a bigger name. Skip wants to be here and im glad he is here.
12-06-2004 01:35 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Ty-Bull Wrote:I think that it is impossible for any ECU fan to post anything without the "USF sucks" componut.
What the hell is a componut?
12-06-2004 02:47 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.