Cardinals
Jets
Chiefs
Seahawks
Jaguars
Other
No one - he retires
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Who does Peyton Manning sign with?
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Exclamation Who does Peyton Manning sign with?
Where does Peyton go, now that his departure from Indy is official?

I say Arizona, although they have to move fast since they owe Kevin Kolb a large bonus if he's still on their roster March 17th. Here's why:

-Larry Fitzgerald
-Coach Whiz is on the hot seat (and a defensive minded coach anyways), so he's more likely to give Manning the reins on offense
-Weak Division, where your only real competition for the next couple of years should be the 49ers
-Good weather...Peyton doesn't like playing out in the elements in Dec/Jan

I think owner Stephen Ross and Brandon Marshall being basket cases will make him shy away from Miami. Redskins owner Daniel Snyder is a total douche, and Mike Shanahan is a control freak who probably wouldn't give Peyton enough control to satisfy him. Plus, Shanny's offense is better suited for a mobile QB. I don't think Peyton wants to invade Eli's turf in NYC or join the circus that is the Jets' locker room.

I think the Seahawks are a possibility, but they have the weather working against them and don't have a very good WR corps. The Chiefs and Jags are also darkhorses, and both have enough cap space to make it happen.
03-07-2012 02:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
RE: Who does Peyton Manning sign with?
(03-07-2012 02:26 PM)BlazerFan11 Wrote:  I think owner Stephen Ross and Brandon Marshall being basket cases will make him shy away from Miami.

This is what I'm really worried about, the man is an idiot. It makes perfect sense for Peyton to go to Miami, but Ross will find a way to screw it up, as always.
03-07-2012 02:53 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
ESPN is the choice he should make.
03-07-2012 03:18 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Chicago Bears.
03-07-2012 04:21 PM
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators
Denver
03-08-2012 04:00 AM
HoustonCougarNation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cougars, Frogs
The best thing he can do right now is retire!!!
03-08-2012 06:14 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Peyton will try to play. He's got the competitive mentality. But when he finally quits, he should take over for Derek Dooley in Knoxville. UT would hire him as a coach in a heartbeat...
03-08-2012 08:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(03-07-2012 02:26 PM)BlazerFan11 Wrote:  Where does Peyton go, now that his departure from Indy is official?

I say Arizona, although they have to move fast since they owe Kevin Kolb a large bonus if he's still on their roster March 17th. Here's why:

-Larry Fitzgerald
-Coach Whiz is on the hot seat (and a defensive minded coach anyways), so he's more likely to give Manning the reins on offense
-Weak Division, where your only real competition for the next couple of years should be the 49ers
-Good weather...Peyton doesn't like playing out in the elements in Dec/Jan

I think owner Stephen Ross and Brandon Marshall being basket cases will make him shy away from Miami. Redskins owner Daniel Snyder is a total ******, and Mike Shanahan is a control freak who probably wouldn't give Peyton enough control to satisfy him. Plus, Shanny's offense is better suited for a mobile QB. I don't think Peyton wants to invade Eli's turf in NYC or join the circus that is the Jets' locker room.

I think the Seahawks are a possibility, but they have the weather working against them and don't have a very good WR corps. The Chiefs and Jags are also darkhorses, and both have enough cap space to make it happen.

i really don't think eli cares about "sharing" the territory. That's just one of those things that isn't important to Eli. The important question is, does Peyton mind being the lesser Manning in town?
03-08-2012 08:40 AM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-08-2012 04:00 AM)rickheel Wrote:  Denver

Looks like they might actually make a run at him. Yesterday was the first time anyone had reported the Broncos as a possibility. If that happens, the question becomes "Who will Tim Tebow be traded to?"
03-08-2012 09:31 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

You'd keep Tebow. With neck injuries like Peyton's, one blow from the right direction, in the right place, is all it will take to put him on the sideline. Denver will need a good backup...
03-08-2012 09:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-08-2012 09:42 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  You'd keep Tebow. With neck injuries like Peyton's, one blow from the right direction, in the right place, is all it will take to put him on the sideline. Denver will need a good backup...

You really think Tebow could step in and run the same offense as Manning?
03-08-2012 10:34 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

No. But it's better than no offense at all...
03-08-2012 11:54 AM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Navy, ASU

Folding@NCAAbbs
I'll say Miami. The last place I'd say is Washington, and this is coming from a Redskins fan. I wouldn't want him within 10,000 miles of FedEx Field.
03-08-2012 12:01 PM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-08-2012 11:54 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  No. But it's better than no offense at all...

I bet Jacksonville (or some other desperate franchise) would make Denver a great offer to get Tebow, and they could draft a guy in the 2nd-3rd round to groom behind Manning that is more compatible with the offense.
03-08-2012 12:47 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I kind of doubt Manning will end up in Denver. But we'll see...
03-09-2012 09:30 AM
arenafanatic Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cleveland State
Ill take the cards. Indoors and Larry Fitz.
03-09-2012 11:32 AM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
He'll pick the team with the best O line.
03-09-2012 04:23 PM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Navy, ASU

Folding@NCAAbbs
I think he'll stay in the AFC. Reason being he doesn't want to play his brother until the Super Bowl. Yeah, that's a bit presumptuous, but what can you do?
03-09-2012 08:16 PM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-09-2012 08:16 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  I think he'll stay in the AFC. Reason being he doesn't want to play his brother until the Super Bowl. Yeah, that's a bit presumptuous, but what can you do?

That's not how scheduling works in the NFL. Outside of him going to the Redskins (same division as NYG), there's as much of a chance they would play in the regular season if he signed with an AFC team as there would be if he signed with an NFC team.
03-09-2012 08:24 PM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

Scratch the Redskins out (officially). They just traded up to the #2 spot to draft RG3.
03-09-2012 11:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.