Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wrong Way Corrigan lives!!!
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Toungue Wrong Way Corrigan lives!!!
03-lmfao
Lost Recruits: Can't find way to school
Quote:Texas Tech is one of those programs that feel if the coaches can get a recruit to their West Texas campus, they have a good shot at getting him to commit.

Last weekend, they found out just how tough a task that can be.

Houston (Texas) Bellaire wide receiver Devin Lauderdale - a Texas Tech commit - and three other Houston-area players were planning on making the roughly 550-mile drive to Lubbock, Texas, to take in the school's Spring Game.

But they never got there.

The never even got, in fact, to West Texas.

"(We) didn't use a GPS, and we didn't even know we were going the wrong way," Lauderdale said. "So we were driving (and we ended up) in East Texas."
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 12:07 PM by bitcruncher.)
04-04-2012 12:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
RE: Wrong Way Corrigan lives!!!
If they were being recruited by $EC schools, they'd already have a car with built in GPS.
04-04-2012 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI
(04-04-2012 12:37 PM)BlazerFan11 Wrote:  If they were being recruited by $EC schools, they'd already have a car with built in GPS.

I'm surprised the story didn't end with "They wound up in Tuscaloosa, where they are enrolling early to participate in spring practice."
04-04-2012 07:59 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

That would have been hilarious... 07-coffee3
04-04-2012 08:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HoustonCougarNation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cougars, Frogs
It just shows that no one wants to go to Lubbock even if it is for a free ride!!!
04-05-2012 07:43 AM
Advertisement

Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
that is so awesome. at some point you have to realize you're going the wrong way. i don't have a gps either, but apparently these guys didn't even have (or we're bothered with apparently) maps or an atlas. i'm a map junkie and am terrible with directions. just for point of reference, i've traveled in my aught three kia rio to the four corners of the country. bar harbor, me en route to acadia national park (where i got hilariously lost and almost wound up arrested), southern utah (where my car almost got washed away in a flash flood in capital reef national park), oregon (which is a long story, which has less to do with the hitcher i picked up in utah along the way), and key largo, fl where i ate conch with a buddy before we flew to argentina. sorry.

i was driving from lexington with frankfort in mind. i was to visit a pub and see this tiny capital city before heading west to louisville to crash at my pops. i forget the girl's name whose house i slept at, myra. i didn't forget it afterall. i was couchsurfing as i'd never been to lexington proper and wanted a diversion from cincinnati. after breakfast and a visit at cd central i headed to the direction i thought was west. the bearcats where playing some obscure team in the early season and having a difficult time. the radio feed was sporadic but it kept me informed. and it was a beautiful drive. i always say that it's every man's birthright to get lost in kentucky. our nation's hidden treasure.

i was traveling backroads as is my wont and being distracted by the game i began to realize that, because of highway markers, that i was heading east. so i pulled into a vacant parking lot of a church and consulted my atlas. my atlas had no answer for the highway sign i discovered as it was lettered as opposed to numbered. but that's just kentucky. that's what makes her grand. the grass is blue, the counties are dry, wet, or moist. and i hate the word moist, but i'll let it slide. dogs can be mayor and secretaries win a coveted prize. so i headed back to where i began which was only an hour's journey and sometimes i think i get lost subconsciously for the thrill of diversion. back into lexington and onward to frankfort. a man can get lost in kentucky.
04-05-2012 01:01 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

These guys were obviously recruited for something other than intelligence...
04-05-2012 01:17 PM
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators
(04-05-2012 01:01 PM)Lush Wrote:  that is so awesome. at some point you have to realize you're going the wrong way. i don't have a gps either, but apparently these guys didn't even have (or we're bothered with apparently) maps or an atlas. i'm a map junkie and am terrible with directions. just for point of reference, i've traveled in my aught three kia rio to the four corners of the country. bar harbor, me en route to acadia national park (where i got hilariously lost and almost wound up arrested), southern utah (where my car almost got washed away in a flash flood in capital reef national park), oregon (which is a long story, which has less to do with the hitcher i picked up in utah along the way), and key largo, fl where i ate conch with a buddy before we flew to argentina. sorry.

i was driving from lexington with frankfort in mind. i was to visit a pub and see this tiny capital city before heading west to louisville to crash at my pops. i forget the girl's name whose house i slept at, myra. i didn't forget it afterall. i was couchsurfing as i'd never been to lexington proper and wanted a diversion from cincinnati. after breakfast and a visit at cd central i headed to the direction i thought was west. the bearcats where playing some obscure team in the early season and having a difficult time. the radio feed was sporadic but it kept me informed. and it was a beautiful drive. i always say that it's every man's birthright to get lost in kentucky. our nation's hidden treasure.

i was traveling backroads as is my wont and being distracted by the game i began to realize that, because of highway markers, that i was heading east. so i pulled into a vacant parking lot of a church and consulted my atlas. my atlas had no answer for the highway sign i discovered as it was lettered as opposed to numbered. but that's just kentucky. that's what makes her grand. the grass is blue, the counties are dry, wet, or moist. and i hate the word moist, but i'll let it slide. dogs can be mayor and secretaries win a coveted prize. so i headed back to where i began which was only an hour's journey and sometimes i think i get lost subconsciously for the thrill of diversion. back into lexington and onward to frankfort. a man can get lost in kentucky.

Kerouac fan?
04-06-2012 04:55 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
(04-06-2012 04:55 PM)Brookes Owl Wrote:  
(04-05-2012 01:01 PM)Lush Wrote:  that is so awesome. at some point you have to realize you're going the wrong way. i don't have a gps either, but apparently these guys didn't even have (or we're bothered with apparently) maps or an atlas. i'm a map junkie and am terrible with directions. just for point of reference, i've traveled in my aught three kia rio to the four corners of the country. bar harbor, me en route to acadia national park (where i got hilariously lost and almost wound up arrested), southern utah (where my car almost got washed away in a flash flood in capital reef national park), oregon (which is a long story, which has less to do with the hitcher i picked up in utah along the way), and key largo, fl where i ate conch with a buddy before we flew to argentina. sorry.

Kerouac fan?

i like kerouac alright. it's been a while since i read him. i've read dharma bums, desolation angels, visions of cody, and of course on the road. dharma bums i like best.
04-07-2012 08:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.