Advertisement

SteveAztec Offline
1st String

I Root For: San Diego State
RE: SDSU Basketball Season Tickets Sold Out
(05-02-2012 05:20 PM)SDSU-Alum2003 Wrote:  Per interview of AD Jim Sterk

http://wpc.31D2.edgecastcdn.net/8031D2/x.../60390.mp3

Wish I could go see that Syracuse vs SDSU game on the Midway

We will probably only have 500 seats or so for that game on the Midway.

The next best thing would be to shoot for a ticket in the Hanger, where there will be 3 or 4 big screen TV's.
05-04-2012 10:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SergiofromFresno Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Fresno State
Well Done SDSU- Come on Back to the MWC for OLY Sports with LBSU and UCSB- then things will get quite interesting...
05-05-2012 08:08 AM
Advertisement

SteveAztec Offline
1st String

(05-05-2012 08:08 AM)SergiofromFresno Wrote:  Well Done SDSU- Come on Back to the MWC for OLY Sports with LBSU and UCSB- then things will get quite interesting...

That would be interesting Sergio. I don't think any Aztec fan would be opposed to that.
05-05-2012 12:51 PM
Wooglin157 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF Knights
I'm sure Boise St. and SDSU would want to go back to the MWC for Olympic sports, but I doubt the MWC allows it unless football is part of the deal too.

Congrats on selling out already, though! That's amazing and I wish UCF could do the same for once.
05-05-2012 01:03 PM
Advertisement

SteveAztec Offline
1st String

(05-05-2012 01:03 PM)Wooglin157 Wrote:  I'm sure Boise St. and SDSU would want to go back to the MWC for Olympic sports, but I doubt the MWC allows it unless football is part of the deal too.

Congrats on selling out already, though! That's amazing and I wish UCF could do the same for once.

That is the policy of the MWC but I think they are thinking about a change.

That policy of football and all sports must be in the mix was when they had some power. That power does not exist anymore. The MWC has lost BYU, Utah, TCU, Boise State, and San Diego State. They are close to losing Fresno State.

The MWC would be very wise to invite the Aztecs and Boise State back into the conf. for all sports except football.
05-05-2012 01:46 PM
SDSU-Alum2003 Offline
Special Teams

(05-05-2012 01:46 PM)SteveAztec Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 01:03 PM)Wooglin157 Wrote:  I'm sure Boise St. and SDSU would want to go back to the MWC for Olympic sports, but I doubt the MWC allows it unless football is part of the deal too.

That is the policy of the MWC but I think they are thinking about a change.

That policy of football and all sports must be in the mix was when they had some power. That power does not exist anymore. The MWC has lost BYU, Utah, TCU, Boise State, and San Diego State. They are close to losing Fresno State.

The MWC would be very wise to invite the Aztecs and Boise State back into the conf. for all sports except football.

I wish the MWC would allow partial members. However, I don't believe they will. The leadership, as history has shown, of the MWC seems to cut off its nose in spite of its face. Their egos are to big to make a logical move that will benefit the MWC. Mountain West Football will become more irrelevant and join the remainder of the "have nots." However, they have an opportunity to become the Premier Basketball Conference on the West Coast. The asset of the MWC is going to be Basketball. The sooner they realize that the better off the MWC will be. Of course, I am selfishly looking after SDSU as well.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 04:09 PM by SDSU-Alum2003.)
05-05-2012 04:08 PM
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Props SDSU-Alum - on the season tickets, not the signature - ummmm... BOTH! 09-hitit
05-05-2012 10:26 PM
pzz189 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Temple
Do we know what the deal is yet regarding BE basketball games for Boise and SDSU? Would love to see the Aztecs on North Broad 04-cheers
05-06-2012 06:26 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
wish we could get SDSU into BE hoops....
05-06-2012 07:47 PM
SDSU-Alum2003 Offline
Special Teams

(05-06-2012 07:47 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  wish we could get SDSU into BE hoops....

Me Too! Out best alternative is a partial member of the MWC. I won't hold my breath. However, if Air Force and Fresno State get an invite to the Big East they would be down 2 more teams and may consider partial members. This is good for SDSU, Boise State, Air Force and Fresno State.
05-06-2012 08:47 PM
JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
(05-06-2012 06:26 PM)pzz189 Wrote:  Do we know what the deal is yet regarding BE basketball games for Boise and SDSU? Would love to see the Aztecs on North Broad 04-cheers

Memphis is supposed to play both Boise State and San Diego State in 2013-14 and 2014-15.
05-08-2012 05:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.