Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

McMurphy on local Louisville Radio on SDSU & Boise
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
McMurphy on local Louisville Radio on SDSU & Boise
The people according to him that he talks to @ Boise & SDSU tell him they are 100% committed still to the BIG EAST regardless of AQ or Commish. It about the TV revenue t will still be much more then the MWC or the Alliance. They already knew anout the loss of AQ.

Also, he stated that the BIG EAST president went to Marinatto a few months ago about his job status. This thing was brewing.
05-08-2012 08:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
RE: McMurphy on local Louisville Radio on SDSU & Boise
Issue with Marinatto has been brewing since SMU accepted and picked up steam 3 months ago. It was a unanimous vote by the presidents
05-08-2012 08:41 AM
SDSU-Alum2003 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: San Diego State
(05-08-2012 08:24 AM)Maize Wrote:  The people according to him that he talks to @ Boise & SDSU tell him they are 100% committed still to the BIG EAST regardless of AQ or Commish. It about the TV revenue t will still be much more then the MWC or the Alliance. They already knew anout the loss of AQ.

Also, he stated that the BIG EAST president went to Marinatto a few months ago about his job status. This thing was brewing.

I have said SDSU is in 100% before. Take it to the bank... we (and Boise State) are not going anywhere. The only way we don't join the Big East is if we get a better offer somewhere which I don't see anytime soon. BSU will put their sports in the Big Sky or the Big West if the WAC completly falls apart.
05-08-2012 09:42 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(05-08-2012 08:41 AM)Pony94 Wrote:  Issue with Marinatto has been brewing since SMU accepted and picked up steam 3 months ago. It was a unanimous vote by the presidents

This can't be emphasized enough.

These hatchet pieces are trying their hardest to create dissention where there is none.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 09:55 AM by BigEastHomer.)
05-08-2012 09:51 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Who wants to bet that none of the "BSU/SDSU back to the MWC crowd" show up in this thread?
05-08-2012 09:56 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(05-08-2012 09:56 AM)TripleA Wrote:  Who wants to bet that none of the "BSU/SDSU back to the MWC crowd" show up in this thread?

Quotes like those definitely wont ease the butthurt of that fresno guy.. 03-shhhh
05-08-2012 09:59 AM
Advertisement

BroncoFan78 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State
Seriously. I just want 2013 to get here so we can do this damn thing.
05-08-2012 10:01 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-08-2012 09:56 AM)TripleA Wrote:  Who wants to bet that none of the "BSU/SDSU back to the MWC crowd" show up in this thread?

Here is the link to the podcast...pretty much what I said in the OP...Boise State and SDSU are 100% in according to people he talked to @ those schools and he speaks to them weekly because he get questions about them all the time.

Also, Boise State & SDSU knew the possibility of AQ going away but that was NOT the main reason why they are leaving the MWC. It is about TV revenue more then anything. Boise State having some problems with placing their Olympic but JMO they will get that worked out.

Also, on the TV front. The BIG EAST should still get a huge raise and very well could be in ACC Territory or better due to NBC Sports wanting to get into the game.

http://www.mysports790.com/cc-common/pod...7_7318.mp3
05-08-2012 10:05 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
Thanks for the link.
05-08-2012 10:15 AM
HornLakeTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(05-08-2012 10:01 AM)BroncoFan78 Wrote:  Seriously. I just want 2013 to get here so we can do this damn thing.

Co-sign

We need a countdown to July 1, 2013.
05-08-2012 10:16 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

McMurphy on Louisville radio this morning, very interesting interview on this:

1. The league Presidents went to Marinatto about his job status months ago...this isn't recent.
2. USF President blocked UCF entry around the same time they added TCU. The other league members went along.
3. League turned down more money that the ACC schools receive per school last year.
4. Marinatto being commissioner or not has no bearing on Boise State or SDSU...the people he talks to with those schools are 100% in. Boise State having some issues with Olympic Sports but they want in and AQ status or not it about the TV Money with them leaving and they knew this was a high possibility that AQ was gone.
5. Still not settled is BCS Revenue Formula, AQ, staggered or what...still up for negotiations. Only thing for certain is that the SEC & B1G gonna get a huge piece of the pie.

http://www.mysports790.com/player/?stati...d=22069136
05-08-2012 10:42 AM
Advertisement

BE Tex Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-08-2012 10:42 AM)Maize Wrote:  McMurphy on Louisville radio this morning, very interesting interview on this:

1. The league Presidents went to Marinatto about his job status months ago...this isn't recent.
2. USF President blocked UCF entry around the same time they added TCU. The other league members went along.
3. League turned down more money that the ACC schools receive per school last year.
4. Marinatto being commissioner or not has no bearing on Boise State or SDSU...the people he talks to with those schools are 100% in. Boise State having some issues with Olympic Sports but they want in and AQ status or not it about the TV Money with them leaving and they knew this was a high possibility that AQ was gone.
5. Still not settled is BCS Revenue Formula, AQ, staggered or what...still up for negotiations. Only thing for certain is that the SEC & B1G gonna get a huge piece of the pie.

Everyone is committed 100% until they get a better offer or things fall apart (in BSU's case...no WAC or Big West to put their oly sports). I'm sure Louisville is committed 100% until the Big 12 invite is offered.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 10:57 AM by BE Tex.)
05-08-2012 10:54 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-08-2012 10:54 AM)BE Tex Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 10:42 AM)Maize Wrote:  McMurphy on Louisville radio this morning, very interesting interview on this:

Everyone is committed 100% until they get a better offer or things fall apart (in BSU's case...no WAC or Big West to put their oly sports). I'm sure Louisville is committed 100% until the Big 12 invited is offered.

That not the case with us and it is no secret.
05-08-2012 10:57 AM
Jassbale Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis

Everyone is committed 100% until they get a better offer or things fall apart (in BSU's case...no WAC or Big West to put their oly sports). I'm sure Louisville is committed 100% until the Big 12 invite is offered.

Um....not trying to be picky, but I don't know if I'd call that being "100% committed."
05-08-2012 12:12 PM
BE Tex Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-08-2012 12:12 PM)Jassbale Wrote:  

Um....not trying to be picky, but I don't know if I'd call that being "100% committed."

OK, let me rephrase, everyone is 100% committed except Louisville, UConn, Rutgers and Cincy who otherwise may have the option to go to the ACC or Big 12.
05-08-2012 12:18 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Great thread Maize.

Quo - This would shoot down the "It didn't go well in the BCS meetings" theory. But, I admit, I was concerned about that timing as well.
05-08-2012 12:22 PM
Advertisement

SteveAztec Offline
1st String

I Root For: San Diego State
I am very anxious for Thursday night. There is a small function Thursday night where Steve Fisher, Rocky Long, and Beth Burns speak at.

AD Jim Sterk is usually there and I am positive he will address this issue.

Individaul questions are allowed and I am sure all in the audience will be thinking about the same question to ask.
05-08-2012 12:24 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(05-08-2012 12:18 PM)BE Tex Wrote:  OK, let me rephrase, everyone is 100% committed except Louisville, UConn, Rutgers and Cincy who otherwise may have the option to go to the ACC or Big 12.

LOL! All of a sudden, because some writer draws up a hypothetical scenario puting UCONN or Rutgers in an ACC 16, that means they are not 100% committed???

smh What planet does that logic originate from?
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 12:54 PM by BigEastHomer.)
05-08-2012 12:53 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
A circular argument. Almost every school in every conference would leave for another spot, if they could be assured of making millions a year more for doing so. The top of the food chain is safe, b/c that option is unlikely for them (SEC and Big 10). The Pac won't have anybody leaving, either, in all likelihood. But every other conference in existence, whether FB or BB, is full of members who would leave, if given the opportunity. But that doesn't mean they aren't dedicated to making their current conference the best it can be.

Okay, can we quit arguing about this now?
05-08-2012 01:04 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-08-2012 12:22 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  Great thread Maize.

Quo - This would shoot down the "It didn't go well in the BCS meetings" theory. But, I admit, I was concerned about that timing as well.

I got that as well...that why it was my #1 point. The new commish is the most important hire in the history of the league & unless it the ND AD I want Weiberg-(he was also a former BCS Chairman) and help revvolutionize the way we watch college athletics.

I wish "All the Presidents" put away their agendas just and work for what best for the league.
05-08-2012 03:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.