Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: What division should Louisiana Tech be in for the 2013-2014 seasons and the 2015 season and beyond?
They should be in the West for both the 2013-2014 seasons AND the 2015 season and beyond
They should be in the East for both the 2013-2014 seasons AND the 2015 season and beyond
They should be in the West for the 2013-2014 seasons BUT change to the East for the 2015 season and beyond
They should be in the East for the 2013-2014 seasons BUT change to the West for the 2015 season and beyond
[Show Results]

Predictions for C-USA football divisions for 2013-2014 and 2015
mac78251 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTSA, Texas
Predictions for C-USA football divisions for 2013-2014 and 2015
Now that we know that there will be 12 schools in 2013 that will be playing a C-USA schedule in football and 14 in 2015 (ODU and Charlotte joining in football that year), it's time do predict what division each school's football program will be in.

Here are my predictions for the 2013 and 2014 seasons; I'm assuming that the division are going to be called "West" and "East" (note that this is all assuming that a C-USA/MWC merger doesn't happen):

West Division:
UTEP
UTSA
UNT
Rice
Tulsa
Louisiana Tech

East Division:
Tulane
Southern Miss
UAB
FIU
ECU
Marshall

For the 2015 season and beyond:

West Division:
UTEP
UTSA
UNT
Rice
Tulsa
Louisiana Tech
Tulane

East Division:

Southern Miss
UAB
FIU
ECU
Marshall
Charlotte
ODU

What do you think? Anybody have different predictions than what I have above?

Here's a C-USA map to help you out: http://www.goutsa.com/pdf8/843549.pdf

Now here's the kicker in regards to Louisiana Tech (which was brought up to me on Rowdyville courtesy of slow-runner). There are great reasons for them to be in either side: The East gives them a solid strength-of-schedule (with ECU in their division) for a bowl-caliber football team. That gives them a shot at a bigger payout at a bigger bowl almost instantly (if they have a winning record).

But the West gives their students and alums to finally make a short trip to DFW for a game. Plus Houston, Tulsa, and San Antonio are all in range with La Tech alums in Houston and San Antonio.

The poll above asks to see what you think about for Louisiana Tech: are they better suited being in the East division for 2013-2014 and/or 2015 and beyond or in the West division for 2013-2014 and/or 2015 and beyond?
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2012 03:49 PM by mac78251.)
05-20-2012 01:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.