Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lets not forget
Bookmark and Share
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

I came on this message board and the last thing I expected to see was a thread by a UC fan ripping other UC fans for being excited about a football win. What in the hell. During a time we're trying to build interest in UC football we have UC fans getting upset because there are UC fans excited about UC football. Yeah UC beat a bad team, but in the past UC fans wouldn't have cared. Now, we have fans excited about winning that game and the result is in the frontpage of the newspaper, something we have been fighting for years to get, and what do we get? A handful of UC fans ripping other UC fans for getting excited about the win. People wonder why UC football attendance is struggling its because of attitudes like this. On one hand you have people saying UC sucks, they lost to current #25 Louisville and a 5-3 Miami team on the road. They lost to #10 Penn State on the road. They lost to a Pitt team that is 3-1 in the conference, on the road. On the other hand, UC is 4-4 overall, in the bowl hunt, and in 4th place in a BCS conference with quality losses and a few solid wins. If you want UC to get up to the level of other BCS conferences the last thing we need is for UC fans to trash other UC fans for being happy about a win. Mark Dantonio is trying to build a winner. Do you think it helps his recruiting and attempt to build the Cincinnati fan base when you hear fans tell him a BCS conference win on the road against a name school doesn't mean squat? That that win doesn't mean anything because we're a basketball school? If you don't want to support UC football then don't. Obviously nothing is going to change your mind. In a year when UC is rebuilding with one of the youngest teams in the nation, 22 first time starters and the young D-Line in the nation, UC is 4-4 and in 4th place in a BCS conference. If that isn't enough to get you excited about UC football nothing will. Whether it was Syracuse, Louisville, or Pitt the result would have been the same. UC would have improved to 4-4 and been in 4th place in a BCS conference. Just enjoy the win, enjoy watching this team grow, enjoy winning games in a major conference and enjoy the ride. Criticism is ok, but when you rip fans for being happy about a win considering the state the program is in this year, with its youth, then it goes from being criticism to simply complaining for the sake of complaining.

10-30-2005 02:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

And just to show people ripping UC fans for being excited about the Syracuse win how far UC has come, in years past we had people ripping UC's conference, saying UC couldn't compete in a major conference, and this and that. Yet, in a rebuilding year, UC is in a major, BCS conference and this is how things stand:

1.)#16 West Virginia
2.)#28 Rutgers
3.)Pittsburgh (preseason conference favorite along with Louisville)
4.)Cincinnati
5.)South Florida (who blasted conference favorite Louisville)
6.)#25 Louisville
7.)Connecticut
8.)Syracuse

That's how far this program has come. Last year if I had told you that UC would be in 4th place in a BCS conference you would have thought I was crazy. Maybe it won't last, but 9 weeks into a rebuilding season UC is in 4th place in a major BCS conference behind a couple of Top 25/30 teams and ahead of another Top 25 team. I don't know about you, but where I come from that's reason enough to be happy about a win over Syracuse. That beats the alternative of losing, being 3-5 overall and 1-3 in the conference, sitting in 7th place and listening to people b*tch and moan. I don't care how crappy Syracuse is this year, any potential recruit hearing "Cincinnati wins at Syracuse" sounds damn good to them and me!

10-30-2005 02:56 PM
stpnum4 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Amen to that.

10-30-2005 04:04 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

Good stuff Cat's Claw 04-bow 04-cheers

Nobody's putting us in the BCS game. But, it's great to see the team improving. We're two upsets (face it, we're underdogs the rest of the season) away from a bowl game with a freshman team.

10-30-2005 04:16 PM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"

Wow, I didnt realize I could inspire an entire novel wih one little post. I wasnt ripping anybody, I was just calling out the hypocrites who were ripping us when we were getting thrashed by decent teams, and then all of the sudden we're world beaters because we squeak by a bad team. Just because I have high expectations doesnt mean I am against UC football. After WVU comes in and kills us in frnt of a pro- WVU crowd, we'll see whos being doom and gloom.

10-30-2005 04:26 PM
Socko Wiethe Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I think of all the top teams we'll play this year -- a list of Penn State, Pitt, Louisville and WVU -- the game against WVU is the one where we have the best matchup. Doesn't mean we'll beat them, but I think we stay in the game if we can establish the run effectively.

One more thing I think people should remember before trying to diminish UC's success this year is that in the preseason we had the 12th-toughest rated schedule in the country. I know some of those teams haven't played up to that level, but I still think 4-4 at this point with as young as we are against that kind of schedule is something to be very happy with.

10-30-2005 04:45 PM
Advertisement

PowellBcat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Jarr,

If you have tickets to that game, could you give them to some underprivilaged family do they can come to Nippert that night. Sounds like you would enjoy it more from the comfort of your couch.

10-30-2005 04:46 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC

How would like to be a Purdue Fan? Preseason top Ten ranking.
Imagine if we win 2 ot of the next 3.

10-30-2005 04:58 PM
Radroby Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Lost in all this is the fact that Syracuse, does indeed, suck!

The Cats were fortunate to win the game. Not saying the Cats weren't deserving, but Syracuse's QB situation is worse than ours.

Offensively the Cats played well for the first 20 minutes, but who knows what happened.

And yes, it would be great if UC could pull the upset against West Virginia and have a decent shot of going to a bowl game.

10-30-2005 05:04 PM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

jarr Wrote:Wow, I didnt realize I could inspire an entire novel wih one little post. I wasnt ripping anybody, I was just calling out the hypocrites who were ripping us when we were getting thrashed by decent teams, and then all of the sudden we're world beaters because we squeak by a bad team. Just because I have high expectations doesnt mean I am against UC football. After WVU comes in and kills us in frnt of a pro- WVU crowd, we'll see whos being doom and gloom.
No one ever said we were world beaters. I think it is great that people are excited about a victory.

It is also highly disappointing to see a UC fan happy to predict a loss two weeks before the game. Please stay away from my university with that attitude. Typical Cincinnati fan, all complaint no support.

10-30-2005 06:00 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

Radroby Wrote:Lost in all this is the fact that Syracuse, does indeed, suck!
No it's not (not lost on me anyway). Matter of fact, I, and most posters in the game thread, were disgusted that we didn't defend their pass any better.

Quote:The Cats were fortunate to win the game.  Not saying the Cats weren't deserving, but Syracuse's QB situation is worse than ours.
Yes, who knows what happens if the kid catches that 4th down ball.

Quote:Offensively the Cats played well for the first 20 minutes, but who knows what happened.
Seems to me, Syracuse adjusted, and we did nothing to counter that adjustment. Although we agree Syracuse does suck, their defense is not the reason why.

Quote:And yes, it would be great if UC could pull the upset against West Virginia and have a decent shot of going to a bowl game.
Let's do it 04-cheers

10-30-2005 06:05 PM
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

PowellBcat Wrote:Jarr,

If you have tickets to that game, could you give them to some underprivilaged family do they can come to Nippert that night. Sounds like you would enjoy it more from the comfort of your couch.
Might as well sell them to a WVU fan since they will be the majority and UC obviously has no chance of winning. :rolleyes:

10-30-2005 06:56 PM
Socko Wiethe Offline
1st String

I Root For:

bearcatmill Wrote:Typical Cincinnati fan, all complaint no support.

Amen to that. It really gets old after a while. I wish I could understand the root cause for it.

10-30-2005 08:33 PM
dmb Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I am very happy about the future of football at UC. We are winning in spite of the offensive coaching. I graduated with Dom. Go Cats!

10-30-2005 08:35 PM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

Syracuse may be down this year, but it was within 2 minutes of beating Virginia. UC had a nice win on Saturday, something we should celebrate. I can't wait to see how the Bearcats respond against West Virginia. Now let's put some butts in Nippert and take it to the Moutaineers.

10-30-2005 08:38 PM
Bearcat 1984 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati !!!

Socko Wiethe Wrote:

Amen to that. It really gets old after a while. I wish I could understand the root cause for it.

the overall reason for negativity? maybe it's the water.

as for jarr and catmandu and bearcatmill.... i think it's all about Zimfer hate.

and frankly it's also football hate.

Basketball has been betrayed by Zimfer, but football fans are still behind their team. These basketball-only freaks are ANGRY that we aren't abandoning football in support of basketball.

I think that's their anger. They want to sow salt in the ground and destroy UC in answer to Frau Zimfer.

10-30-2005 08:49 PM
Advertisement

dmb Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Bearcat 1984 Wrote:
Socko Wiethe Wrote:

the overall reason for negativity? maybe it's the water.

as for jarr and catmandu and bearcatmill.... i think it's all about Zimfer hate.

and frankly it's also football hate.

Basketball has been betrayed by Zimfer, but football fans are still behind their team. These basketball-only freaks are ANGRY that we aren't abandoning football in support of basketball.

I think that's their anger. They want to sow salt in the ground and destroy UC in answer to Frau Zimfer.
Thanks for the lesson in armchair phsychology.

10-30-2005 08:54 PM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Hey Bearcat 1984,

Where in all of this was I being negative against the university or our sports programs. All I have been doing is sticking up for the program. You need some reading comprehension.

10-31-2005 08:54 AM
Bearcat 1984 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati !!!

bearcatmill Wrote:Hey Bearcat 1984,

Where in all of this was I being negative against the university or our sports programs. All I have been doing is sticking up for the program. You need some reading comprehension.

oops!

i don't know about reading "comprehension", but maybe I need my reading "glasses"!! :)

sorry Mill.

I think I meant bearcatfan. but maybe not. i don't know.

and hey. armchair pyschology is fun.

but i'm not sure what "armchair phsychology" is.

11-01-2005 10:33 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

Frick all the UC fans that somehow are tying Zimpher into the football program....

Be mad at her about Huggs...fine...boycott UC basketball (stupid..but okay, at least it's tied in with Zimpher..fine)....but don't get down on UC football over Zimpher..

I'm very happy we won..I don't care how good/bad Cuse is...we beat them in the Dome..first time ever and we beat a traditional Big East team on the road with a team that wasn't supposed to win 3 games this year..

I'm extremely excited and I think it's reasonable that we could win two of our last three games...not saying it will happen but it could so I can't believe there won't be 30,000+ at Nippert against the #1 team in the Big East ON national TV.......no excuses will be justifiable....

Go CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Folks, we are .500 with the youngest BCS team in the nation....am I the only one excited about the remainder of this season and sure excited about the next few years????

11-02-2005 12:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.