Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LaTech is best NonAQ team; Better than all Nbe teams.
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
LaTech is best NonAQ team; Better than all Nbe teams.
What a magnificent performance in College Station! That horrendous start to the game proved to be a kiler but what a comeback.
10-15-2012 10:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
RE: LaTech is best NonAQ team; Better than all Nbe teams.
Wasn't in College Station, was in Shreveport.

They gave us a great game and I was worried about their offense with 4 of our starting defenders out for this game.

Glad the good guys found a way to pull it out
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012 11:46 AM by 10thMountain.)
10-15-2012 10:45 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(10-15-2012 10:41 AM)Tallgrass Wrote:  What a magnificent performance in College Station! That horrendous start to the game proved to be a kiler but what a comeback.

Tell it to the BCS Computers/Rankings...#15 Rutgers...#16 Louisville...#21 Cincinnati...#22 Boise State.

Shreveport, Louisiana is not College Station, Texas...Louisiana Tech is a fine team but they are behind every in the BIG EAST.

A better point Tallgrass would be for you to say they are better than any eligible team in the B1G but you have BIG EAST envy...get help
10-15-2012 10:48 AM
jam2112 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UConn
Don't think this thread belongs on the Conference Realignment page.....unless the OP is suggesting that the Big East should target LaTech as #14?!
10-15-2012 10:52 AM
Achilles Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Uconn and ACC
tallgrass why do you hate the big east???
10-15-2012 10:54 AM
Advertisement

billetingman1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
(10-15-2012 10:41 AM)Tallgrass Wrote:  What a magnificent performance in College Station! That horrendous start to the game proved to be a kiler but what a comeback.

That's not even close to an accurate statement. Houston lost to them 45-39 when our offense was in a serious funk. Were 3-3 and are not as good as at least 4 NBE schools. If we played La Tech right now I would like our chances.
10-15-2012 11:00 AM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
So is Troy better than La Tech because we played Miss State better than Tech played A&M? This thread is stupid, Tech has no defense Rutgers would destroy them and I can't even believe I'm saying Rutgers has a good defense. Heck, Uconn would probably beat La Tech yes they have a good team but they haven't beaten anyone good and the rest of their schedule is even worse than the first few teams they played.
10-15-2012 11:14 AM
szullo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Boise State
A team that competed well, but lost, sounds like the perfect reason to call them a great team. Bowling Green and Towson are also better than all New Big East teams because they competed well with top SEC teams.

You should really not be allowed to have a computer.
10-15-2012 11:38 AM
Frog in the Kitchen Sink Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU
Hard to not be impressed with La Tech.
10-15-2012 11:40 AM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
What is the purpose of this thread? To argue La Tech as #14? According to the pollsters, there are at least 3 BE teams better than La Tech. And with thier horrendous defense, I would argue even more BE teams that would defeat them.
10-15-2012 11:47 AM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-15-2012 11:38 AM)szullo Wrote:  A team that competed well, but lost, sounds like the perfect reason to call them a great team. Bowling Green and Towson are also better than all New Big East teams because they competed well with top SEC teams.

You should really not be allowed to have a computer.
I think he needs to have surgery for his BE obsession.
freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
I think that LaTech and Boise are pretty neck and neck right now. It would be an interesting Offense vs Defense matchup. Sadly for Tech, they have lost more recently, even if it was down to the wire. It is going to be tough for someone to unseat Boise now unless they slip up (which is entirely possible). Also Ohio could make some noise if they win out and get to play a one loss MAC team in the conference championship. If those guys slip up, if the Sun Belt champion runs the table in conference play, they could be knocking on the door as well. It will be interesting to see how things play out.
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(10-15-2012 11:40 AM)Frog in the Kitchen Sink Wrote:  Hard to not be impressed with La Tech.

Impressed yes. Willing to say they're better than all the NBE teams- hell no.
10-15-2012 11:49 AM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(10-15-2012 11:47 AM)freshtop Wrote:  I think that LaTech and Boise are pretty neck and neck right now. It would be an interesting Offense vs Defense matchup. Sadly for Tech, they have lost more recently, even if it was down to the wire. It is going to be tough for someone to unseat Boise now unless they slip up (which is entirely possible). Also Ohio could make some noise if they win out and get to play a one loss MAC team in the conference championship. If those guys slip up, if the Sun Belt champion runs the table in conference play, they could be knocking on the door as well. It will be interesting to see how things play out.

I think Boise and Ohio are the only ones that have a realistic shot at busting the BCS this year. Don't see any other non-aq team getting up to 16 this year.
10-15-2012 11:51 AM
GO Coogs GO!!! Offline
All American

(10-15-2012 11:00 AM)billetingman1 Wrote:  

That's not even close to an accurate statement. Houston lost to them 45-39 when our offense was in a serious funk. Were 3-3 and are not as good as at least 4 NBE schools. If we played La Tech right now I would like our chances.

Hmmmmm wasn't it 56-49 LaTech? Either way the point is the same. Just trying to be acurate.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012 11:58 AM by GO Coogs GO!!!.)
10-15-2012 11:57 AM
GO Coogs GO!!! Offline
All American

(10-15-2012 11:47 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  What is the purpose of this thread? To argue La Tech as #14? According to the pollsters, there are at least 3 BE teams better than La Tech. And with thier horrendous defense, I would argue even more BE teams that would defeat them.

Becuase Tallgrass has a BIG BEEF with the Big East and the soon to be former CUSA schools most of all.

Bitter Tulsa/CUSA end of story.
10-15-2012 12:00 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(10-15-2012 11:40 AM)Frog in the Kitchen Sink Wrote:  Hard to not be impressed with La Tech.
I think they are probably as good as some of the NBE teams but this might be a stretch to make the statement that they are better than the whole NBE... I remember them taking Auburns place on the FSU schedule and they played the Seminoles to a standstill for three quarters in Tallahhssee. Must have been fun to watch them Saturday, and in the end, isn't that what Saturdays are about? Fun and entertainment.04-cheers
10-15-2012 12:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.