Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who likes the direction College Football is heading?
#1UABFan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Blazers
Who likes the direction College Football is heading?
Why?
11-21-2012 08:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: Who likes the direction College Football is heading?
Hate it. TV revenue driving realignment....due to the Obama economy/ state budget shortfalls. Rivalries and tradition made the game great...and that has been ruined.
11-21-2012 09:08 AM
#1UABFan Offline
2nd String

(11-21-2012 09:08 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Hate it. TV revenue driving realignment....due to the Obama economy

This is the biggest bull**** excuse I have ever seen regarding college football greed. This chit starting happening way before the Obama Administration took office. How could you even bring yourself to even say this crap?
11-21-2012 09:11 AM
ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

I Root For: American Rising
(11-21-2012 08:45 AM)#1UABFan Wrote:  Why?

The..............PAC, B1G, SEC, B12 do. And from their perspectives..............that's all that matters. 03-banghead
11-21-2012 09:12 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-21-2012 09:11 AM)#1UABFan Wrote:  
(11-21-2012 09:08 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Hate it. TV revenue driving realignment....due to the Obama economy

This is the biggest bull**** excuse I have ever seen regarding college football greed. This chit starting happening way before the Obama Administration took office. How could you even bring yourself to even say this crap?

4 years of no job creation and now your asshat president is going to raise taxes...
11-21-2012 09:13 AM
#1UABFan Offline
2nd String

(11-21-2012 09:13 AM)No Bull Wrote:  

4 years of no job creation and now your ****** president is going to raise taxes...

Has nothing to do with College Football and TV revenue. You probably blame Obama for your hemorrhoids too!!!
11-21-2012 09:16 AM
Advertisement

NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
Because it’s no longer about rivalries, and IMO rivalries are what makes college sports great.
11-21-2012 09:26 AM
bearcat29 Offline

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Yeah yeah, its always the other party is screwing up this country and my candidate would have made this utopia. They all raise taxes, take legal bribes and don't follow the laws we have to live by. Now stop the tripe.

Oh...this is a CFB blog?! I hate the rivalries torn apart and the wide spread conferences. I like regional conferences and I also like OOC scheduling. I hate 12+ team conferences that don't play everyone. You can get lucky and miss the best teams. The old Pac-10 and BE did it right. They crowned a true champion. This and all the $$$ & TV ruining everything.
11-21-2012 09:28 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Nothing really has changed. TV markets have been driving this for a long time. Those that adapt to it will thrive...Those that don't or get left on the sideline...will not.

To answer the OP...I am saddened by it.
11-21-2012 09:31 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-21-2012 09:16 AM)#1UABFan Wrote:  

4 years of no job creation and now your ****** president is going to raise taxes...

Has nothing to do with College Football and TV revenue. You probably blame Obama for your hemorrhoids too!!!

the ****** economy is a huge part of this money grab. state revenues are down and colleges have budget issues so they have to get more TV money.

Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago...before this miserable president was elected? Answer honestly.
11-21-2012 09:32 AM
#1UABFan Offline
2nd String

(11-21-2012 09:32 AM)No Bull Wrote:  

the ****** economy is a huge part of this money grab. state revenues are down and colleges have budget issues so they have to get more TV money.

Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago...before this miserable president was elected? Answer honestly.

This has nothing to do with the topic of this thread so I would appreciate it if you stop trying to make this into a political thing when it isn't. The TV revenue stuff starting with the formation of the BCS; plain and simple. Now keep it moving and take the political stuff to the proper forum and not here.
11-21-2012 09:36 AM
Advertisement

New York Bull Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
How much income tax do college athletes play, man? This is hysterical?

It's a cash grab made possible by cable, etc.

In fact, last time I checked, Cable, driving this bus, is a luxury at about an additional $100 per month. So that means disposable income is allowing this to happen. Maybe that means the Obama economy is just putting so much money in our pockets that we only know how to spend it on cable and internet access.
11-21-2012 09:37 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
It is absolutely disgusting to see what College Football has turned into and is driven by TV networks and the desire to form the ultimate monopoly of 4 Super Conferences. You have the Big1G picking up two historically mediocre Football programs in Maryland and Rutgers for TV sets and no other reason.

I guess the only good thing to take from this is after the Super Conference create their monopoly there will be plenty of schools left on the outside looking in who I would be interested in watching ECU play. Quite frankly I could give two craps if ECU ever plays a Super 4 Conference team ever again and I hope to see our own playoff system created amongst the legions of left overs and also rans that would make for some quality Football games.
11-21-2012 09:38 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-21-2012 09:36 AM)#1UABFan Wrote:  
(11-21-2012 09:11 AM)#1UABFan Wrote:  This is the biggest bull**** excuse I have ever seen regarding college football greed. This chit starting happening way before the Obama Administration took office. How could you even bring yourself to even say this crap?

This has nothing to do with the topic of this thread so I would appreciate it if you stop trying to make this into a political thing when it isn't. The TV revenue stuff starting with the formation of the BCS; plain and simple. Now keep it moving and take the political stuff to the proper forum and not here.

So are you going to pick up your toys and go home..becuase I did not answer your question the way you liked?

Read articles about Rutgers and maryland's athletic budgets and there relation to state budgets... they needed revenue in a poor economy...it's a fact. persident Obama has reigned for 4 years...you can figure the rest out.
11-21-2012 09:43 AM
New York Bull Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
You are out of your mind. Rutgers has LONG been documented as someone that was growing at an unsustainable rate. The BIG is bailing them out. SUNJ is a State university, not a Federal university.

State colleges have two ways to make money: Tuition or state funding. Florida doesn't really support its universities and tuition is low, the writing is on the wall. As for athletics? How is that any presidents fault? Where is our right to 'amateur' football spelled out in the Constitution?
11-21-2012 09:49 AM
RobUCF Offline
1st String

I don't tend to get in to politics, but what you are saying is if the colleges had more money then they wouldn't want even more money? I just don't think that's the way the world works. In a good economy or bad, people always want more.

Also, didn't a major reallignment/money grab occur in 2003 in a far better economy?
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 10:18 AM by RobUCF.)
11-21-2012 10:17 AM
Advertisement

blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
This is nothing but a symptom of a much larger problem we have in the US. Yes, I believe part of it has to do with the economy and university budget slashing all over the nation. It's honestly hard to expect the schools to turn down that money.

The real root of the problem, however, is America's unquenchable thirst for having things that are bigger, better, brighter & shinier than our neighbors. Look around you, it's a non-stop competition of who has the newest version of the iPhone and any other gadget. It's even evidenced in how some families raise their children today. Our society is so ******* insecure & materialistic it astonishes me at times.
11-21-2012 10:20 AM
Maryland Monarch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
I hate it. College sports are signing their own death warrant. By becoming nothing more than a business and chasing $$, they're basically becoming 2nd class professional sports and destroying all the rivalries and tradition that made them popular. Once it's all about the money, why watch? True professional sports, i.e. the NFL, are more competitive and entertaining.

This realignment craze is reminiscent of WWI...once the ball got rolling, everybody just jumped in without really considering the ramifications.
11-21-2012 10:24 AM
#1UABFan Offline
2nd String

(11-21-2012 09:43 AM)No Bull Wrote:  
(11-21-2012 09:36 AM)#1UABFan Wrote:  
(11-21-2012 09:13 AM)No Bull Wrote:  4 years of no job creation and now your ****** president is going to raise taxes...

So are you going to pick up your toys and go home..becuase I did not answer your question the way you liked?

Read articles about Rutgers and maryland's athletic budgets and there relation to state budgets... they needed revenue in a poor economy...it's a fact. persident Obama has reigned for 4 years...you can figure the rest out.

Again, stay on topic or go to the Political forum and spout your displeasure of our government.
11-21-2012 10:27 AM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
I guess we know who voted for Obama.
11-21-2012 10:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.