Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

It's about time the Big East takes something other than TV markets
Bookmark and Share
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
It's about time the Big East takes something other than TV markets
ECU for football only and Boise for football only is a complete slap in the face of those schools but like any stupid slut you sit and take it like the whores you are. Yes you are in fact whores and you are both pitiful. That being said its the ONLY move that gives the Big East credibility though it doesn't change anything in the eyes of the Roy Kramer types. You're still on the same level as you were you just have a new name with bigger jokes attached to it.

Too bad for those schools other sports are going to be relegated to some crap conference and hope to survive. I said a few years ago that losing Memphis and ECU would be the 2 biggest blows to CUSA and that day is here. Well not really as we have to sit around and wait until 2014 which is just stupid but anyway good luck being a football only school in a conference that has no more respect than the one you are leaving. It will be hard to replace Memphis hoops and ECU football but honestly it will hardly be impossible. Memphis is a huge loss in hoops but hoops is hardly what drives the bus and we all know it.

This move should be expedited to 2013.
11-27-2012 01:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

the1sttransport Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tolerance
RE: It's about time the Big East takes something other than TV markets
LOL... You're my favorite poster
11-27-2012 03:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FastTheo Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
(11-27-2012 01:27 PM)MU ATO Wrote:  ECU for football only and Boise for football only is a complete slap in the face of those schools but like any stupid slut you sit and take it like the whores you are. Yes you are in fact whores and you are both pitiful. That being said its the ONLY move that gives the Big East credibility though it doesn't change anything in the eyes of the Roy Kramer types. You're still on the same level as you were you just have a new name with bigger jokes attached to it.

Too bad for those schools other sports are going to be relegated to some crap conference and hope to survive. I said a few years ago that losing Memphis and ECU would be the 2 biggest blows to CUSA and that day is here. Well not really as we have to sit around and wait until 2014 which is just stupid but anyway good luck being a football only school in a conference that has no more respect than the one you are leaving. It will be hard to replace Memphis hoops and ECU football but honestly it will hardly be impossible. Memphis is a huge loss in hoops but hoops is hardly what drives the bus and we all know it.

[Image: 3r2v54.jpg]
11-27-2012 04:16 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(11-27-2012 04:16 PM)FastTheo Wrote:  
(11-27-2012 01:27 PM)MU ATO Wrote:  ECU for football only and Boise for football only is a complete slap in the face of those schools but like any stupid slut you sit and take it like the whores you are. Yes you are in fact whores and you are both pitiful. That being said its the ONLY move that gives the Big East credibility though it doesn't change anything in the eyes of the Roy Kramer types. You're still on the same level as you were you just have a new name with bigger jokes attached to it.

Never mind him. He's the guy that went on rant after rant about how ECU's back to back conference championships were luck.
11-27-2012 04:18 PM
ShockerBob Offline
SHOCKERS

I Root For: the SHOCKER
The Parliament Awards
I enjoy MU ATO's posts.
11-27-2012 04:20 PM
Advertisement

jollyroger Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ECU
I don't like what college football has become and how the poaching of leagues has been conducted. Would Marshall turned down the BE football only if invited? I will miss USM and Marshall games, we may be reunited again in the future.
11-27-2012 04:20 PM
TxTiger79 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers

Folding@NCAAbbs
He should play nice. We have half of the conference moving on, hey maybe we should vote to reduce the exit fee or just dissolve the conference, save our money and take our basketball credits with us, lol.
11-27-2012 04:22 PM
PurplePirate Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina

I feel for you man. I know it sucks, and us ECU fans felt the same way after the first exodus. This move to me is bittersweet. I am going to miss Marshall and USM, and I hope that you guys continue to prosper no matter which conference you call home. I also have to admit that I am not thrilled about us leaving our Olympic sports behind.
11-27-2012 04:27 PM
liberty1959 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: utep/nu/unh/vmi
[Image: big-east-split.gif][Image: big-east-cusa-merge.jpg?w=500]
11-27-2012 04:30 PM
Advertisement

Crazier Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
ECU definitely should have gotten an all sports invite. BSU travel would kill them. ECU will eventually get an all sports invite though
11-27-2012 04:32 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

Oh geez now our posters are going to be the ones posting the same lame memes.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2012 04:44 PM by b0ndsj0ns.)
11-27-2012 04:43 PM
keebler645 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Marshall
The CAA will be a miniscule step down from new C-USA basketball. It's worth it. They deserve it. Tulane and SMU don't.
11-27-2012 05:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the1sttransport Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tolerance
Marshall/ODU and Marshall/UNCC should be fun new rivalries
11-27-2012 08:35 PM
Advertisement

oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(11-27-2012 04:20 PM)ShockerBob Wrote:  I enjoy MU ATO's posts.

His are some of the most entertaining comments in this forum.
11-27-2012 08:53 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
Marshall whoring itself to Conference USA when it was nowhere near ready. Those I-AA National Championships are getting to your heads.
11-27-2012 08:59 PM
belmont Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Duck Rabbit
(11-27-2012 04:43 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

Oh geez now our posters are going to be the ones posting the same lame memes.

You have to admit it's funny though...

I think it's a bummer teams like SMiss and Marshall aren't in the conversation, but I'm hopeful eventually they will be.
However, as an EC fan I'd like to rattle off about 10-15 wins against them in a row first...

If EC can finally get an invite to the BE, than anything is possible. This just proves the Mayan's were right, 12/21/12 mark you calendar.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2012 09:04 PM by belmont.)
11-27-2012 09:02 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-27-2012 04:32 PM)Crazier Wrote:  ECU definitely should have gotten an all sports invite. BSU travel would kill them. ECU will eventually get an all sports invite though

Apparently they have it:

"ESPN's Brett McMurphy: "Rest of ECU sports to join Big East after a current Big East team leaves for ACC.""

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=602791
11-27-2012 09:04 PM
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

No need of being upset about anything. Marshall, Tulsa and USM will be in the Big East in no time flat. So will UNC-Charlotte, ODU, UAB, Rice, etc.

Hell they let Tulane in; so you know that everyone else is getting in.
11-27-2012 09:06 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
Marshall is actually closer to the ideal geographical center of the Big East, the Northeast, and should be considered. Tulane has more in common with that D-III national conference versus a major D-I conference or heck D-I period. A fine school mind you but not one with competitive sports programs or fan/student/alum/city-wide support.
11-27-2012 09:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.