Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hard to believe not much news or speculation on football head coaching search
Bookmark and Share
Proud El Pasoan Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP Miners
Exclamation Hard to believe not much news or speculation on football head coaching search
There has not been much discussion or speculation in the news regarding the UTEP fooball head coaching search. Andre Patterson has applied, former co-offensive coordinator Bob Connelly has expressed interest. The only new name that keeps coming up is Sam Houston State coach Willie Fritz who is denying he's had contact with Bob Stull. I'm disappointed at not hearing much on Dirk Koetter with his UTEP past ties. I thought for sure he would be the top candidate other than Patterson to get it. Connelly has only "expressed interest", but as of now it seems it's between Andre Patterson and Willie Fritz if what media reports are true.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 05:42 PM by Proud El Pasoan.)
11-30-2012 05:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Proud El Pasoan Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP Miners
RE: Hard to believe not much news or speculation on football head coaching search
There is now speculation that Dan Hawkins is "the guy" on Steve Kaplowitz's twitter. Don't know if I believe this because there isn't any other mention of Hawkins being the one in any news speculation site:

https://twitter.com/stevekaplowitz
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 06:06 PM by Proud El Pasoan.)
11-30-2012 06:01 PM
Advertisement

MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
RE: Hard to believe not much news or speculation on football head coaching search
Since Price announced his retirement interest has either been expressed (Patterson and Connelly) or rumored on boards like coachingsearch.com (Mangino, Koetter, Hawkins, Fritz).

I'd love to land Fritz or Koetter but most seem to think Koetter will be a head coach in the NFL soon and even as an OC in the NFL he makes a lot more than UTEP will likely pay.

I like that Stull takes on the responsibility of hiring a coach by himself. As a former head football coach he is best prepared to do that. He is also very good at keeping names and info close to the vest. Most coaching candidates don't want their name floated publicly because if they don't get the jog its a public let down for them.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 01:39 PM by MinerInWisconsin.)
12-01-2012 01:37 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP
Kappy keeps thinking and saying he thinks it's Dan Hawkins.

My concern there, is that many Boise St fans say that his Offensive Coordinator (who later became the BSU head coach), was the real mastermind behind their success. I have to wonder if there is some truth to that, due to the manner in which he failed at Colorado.
12-01-2012 05:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.