Mike Rice Suspended by Rutgers
12-13-2012 02:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chrisRU Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, NJIT
RE: Mike Rice Suspended by Rutgers
Quote:"Since becoming a coach at the age of 21, I have taken great pride in not only helping young men learn the game of basketball but also in teaching them about character, respect and hard work," Rice said in a statement. "To the extent that my conduct has ever been in contrast with those principles, I have failed my players -- and myself -- and I take full responsibility for my actions and accept the terms of my suspension. I will learn from my mistakes and I will become a better coach, teacher and role model. I sincerely apologize to our players, both past and present."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketba...hree-games

Sounds like TP has been tired of his act for a while and something finally tipped. Apoligizing to present and past players led me to that conclusion.
12-13-2012 03:48 PM
General Mike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
Threw basketballs at players heads and used abusive language. Time to cut bait.

Pretty disappointing turn of events.
12-15-2012 01:13 PM
Advertisement

mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
Why can't we get a decent coach? They all come in looking so promising and all pull some stupid **** to get in trouble. Worst of all none has been able to get this program back on its feet.
12-16-2012 07:42 AM
Vewb1 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bearcats
Talk about a lapse in judgment, both coach Rice and the Pernetti have some explaining to do. Not sure why the AD won't cut him loose. It's ridiculous the school is even tolerating this behavior for one hour let alone and number of days since the story broke. If he were my coach, he'd be out in a heartbeat. Hey, you can tell recruits, come to Rutgers get the coach to spit in your face, call you names and throw basketballs at you. How many do you think will take him up on that???? ARE YOU F - - - - - G KIDDING??? THIS GUY IS STILL WORKING, THE AD AND ADMINISTRATION STILL KNOW IT AND CONDONE IT? WHAT KIND OF SCHOOL WOULD ALLOW IT"S ATHLETES TO BE ABUSE PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY AND EMOTIONALLY WHILE ON THE COURT AT THE UNIVERSITY?????? The video interview with the director of player operations for the basketball team indicates he went to the AD on the matter in 2010. IT's really been going on nearly 3 years. How is Mike Rice forwarding the mission of the university and it's athletes. Right now Rutgers is the butt of all institutions. If I were the president of Rutgers, I would let both the basketball coach and the AD go immediately.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9...rs-players
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 05:41 AM by Vewb1.)
04-02-2013 04:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.