Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB Football
Bookmark and Share
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:
UAB Football
They can't continue to play at Legion Field. It's off campus. You can't do college football on the cheap. You need an on campus stadium to succeed. You attendance is one of the worst in the conference. Just ask South Alabama in the Sun Belt or Miami in the ACC.
12-27-2012 03:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: UAB Football
I just can't understand why UAB has never thought of this.
12-27-2012 03:45 AM
rook360 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(12-27-2012 03:15 AM)David Krysakowski Wrote:  They can't continue to play at Legion Field. It's off campus. You can't do college football on the cheap. You need an on campus stadium to succeed. You attendance is one of the worst in the conference. Just ask South Alabama in the Sun Belt or Miami in the ACC.

So I guess I bit on your trolling....

(12-27-2012 03:45 AM)Big Dub Wrote:  I just can't understand why UAB has never thought of this.

Really, let me guess. You generally keep up with USM, because you obviuosly know nothing about UAB that hasn't already been discussed on this board.
12-27-2012 05:10 AM
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

sigh...07-coffee3
12-27-2012 07:17 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(12-27-2012 05:10 AM)rook360 Wrote:  
(12-27-2012 03:45 AM)Big Dub Wrote:  I just can't understand why UAB has never thought of this.

Really, let me guess. You generally keep up with USM, because you obviuosly know nothing about UAB that hasn't already been discussed on this board.

Turn on your sarcasm detector, please.
12-27-2012 07:40 AM
rook360 Offline
All American

Its pretty hard to turn it on or off when pretty much everytime UAB comes up on this board it's talking about how much we drag this league and its schools down. Or how we are left out of any conference realignment.

So if I ticked you off becuase I didn't get your sarcasim, get over it.
12-27-2012 07:49 AM
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

(12-27-2012 07:49 AM)rook360 Wrote:  So if I ticked you off becuase I didn't get your sarcasim, get over it.

1. Didn't tick me off.

2. Wasn't my sarcasm.

3. Free UAB!
12-27-2012 07:54 AM
GoGold Offline
All American

(12-27-2012 07:49 AM)rook360 Wrote:  Or how we are left out of any conference realignment.

There is a reason for that. You were not able to hired your first choice as head coach even though you had a plan to pay him. You can't build your OCS even though you have a way to pay for it. You have very little control over your own program. I know thats hard but its reality. Its up to you guys to fix it, not up to us to ignore it.

That said, does it need to be a daily point of discussion on the board? No. Its never been easy to be a Southern Miss fan, I imagine UAB fans can say the same thing. Needless to say I have a ton of respect for you UAB guys.

But you must get from under UAT's thumb. How you do that I don't have a clue. But if its ever done, the skys the limit for UAB.
12-27-2012 08:36 AM
rook360 Offline
All American

(12-27-2012 08:36 AM)GoGold Wrote:  But you must get from under UAT's thumb. How you do that I don't have a clue. But if its ever done, the skys the limit for UAB.

When that piece of excrement son of a drunken dead legend chokes on his own bile then maybe we'll be able to actually control our own fate. But I will say that the last two hires were our own. Thats after the whole Jimbo Fisher and stadium fiasco.
12-27-2012 08:45 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

If UAB can ever get the stadium built and it grows the fan base the way it did for UCF when they opened Brighthouse UAB will be fine. I hope it happens, because while I've been very critical of ECU being in a league with UAB it's not because you can't be good it's that you are not allowed to be good and that's sad.
12-27-2012 09:01 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
UAB probably needs a tornado that hits Legion Field directly and destroys most of the stadium before those in the State Board ever allows UAB to build their own stadium.

If Tulane can get out of the Superdome (hopefully they will have great success with their smaller "rightsize" campus stadium), that can be the blueprint that UAB can follow in the coming years.
12-27-2012 09:17 AM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(12-27-2012 09:17 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  UAB probably needs a tornado that hits Legion Field directly and destroys most of the stadium before those in the State Board ever allows UAB to build their own stadium.

If Tulane can get out of the Superdome (hopefully they will have great success with their smaller "rightsize" campus stadium), that can be the blueprint that UAB can follow in the coming years.

My issues with Tulane are the exact opposite of my issues with UAB. UAB wants to get better and isn't allowed to, while for years Tulane just didn't even put in the effort. The only barriers Tulane faced for improvement are ones they put on themselves. Same as Rice and the same as SMU for years.
12-27-2012 09:28 AM
Noodles Offline
All American

(12-27-2012 09:28 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(12-27-2012 09:17 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  UAB probably needs a tornado that hits Legion Field directly and destroys most of the stadium before those in the State Board ever allows UAB to build their own stadium.

My issues with Tulane are the exact opposite of my issues with UAB. UAB wants to get better and isn't allowed to, while for years Tulane just didn't even put in the effort. The only barriers Tulane faced for improvement are ones they put on themselves. Same as Rice and the same as SMU for years.

Yeah, that whole Katrina thingy was just propaganda.03-nutkick
12-27-2012 09:35 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF

Yet Tulane is doing what YOU want them to do (i.e. better themselves, INVEST in themselves), same thing SMU is doing.

Tulane, had some past bad leadership and national disaster, can't change the past...they can only focus/invest in the future...and they are doing just that.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2012 09:45 AM by KnightLight.)
12-27-2012 09:45 AM
Big Dub Offline
C-USA Troll?

Truth, KnightLight

Tulane and SMU are going to improve in the NBE.

If everyone believes and tries their hardest, they can make the NBE work.

All you guys need to do is ignore the distractions, and focus on making the NBE the best it can be.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2012 09:53 AM by Big Dub.)
12-27-2012 09:53 AM
SgtGoldenEagle Offline
Special Teams

UAB has some major hurdles to jump that most programs would not want. 1. Alabama Crimson Tide rules 2. UAB is a state school and Alabama isn't going to let UAB do too much.
12-27-2012 10:07 AM
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
UAB fans would be wise to simply ignore this thread and instead of getting defensive and pissed.
12-27-2012 10:11 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(12-27-2012 09:45 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  

Yet Tulane is doing what YOU want them to do (i.e. better themselves, INVEST in themselves), same thing SMU is doing.

Tulane, had some past bad leadership and national disaster, can't change the past...they can only focus/invest in the future...and they are doing just that.

Which is why I put it in past tense. I know they are now making the investment, but are they willing to stick with it and not de emphasize athletics again a few years from now? They will have periods where they take it serious and then will go through a decade of not trying. Tulane can have success if they decide they want to and stick with it. Hopefully they will this time.
12-27-2012 10:13 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award

That's a very different tune than you've been singing on some of the other boards here ("rancid pile of feces" was your insightful comment, was it not?). Let us know when "Barbecue Studies" becomes a recognized science and we can talk about East Carolina as a peer institution.
12-27-2012 11:19 AM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(12-27-2012 10:13 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(12-27-2012 09:45 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  

Which is why I put it in past tense. I know they are now making the investment, but are they willing to stick with it and not de emphasize athletics again a few years from now? They will have periods where they take it serious and then will go through a decade of not trying. Tulane can have success if they decide they want to and stick with it. Hopefully they will this time.

I've always been amazed when fans of one program know that another program hasn't "tried" to get better.

The president didn't "put in the effort" to hire the right AD?
The athletic director didn't "put in the effort" to hire the right coaches?
The coaches didn't "put in the effort" to recruit the right kids, "put in the effort" improve the players, or "put in the effort" to design good game plans?
The players didn't "put in the effort" to play hard enough to win?
Did Tommy Bowden "put in the effort" but others before and after him didn't?

Frankly, if Tulane hadn't "put in the effort" in 1998, it's possible that none of us would have access to BCS bowls until much later than we did.
12-27-2012 12:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.