Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
UofL signs a home & home series with Georgia
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
UofL signs a home & home series with Georgia
The Cards announced an agreement today for a home and home football series with Georgia. The unfortunate part is that it is in the distant future. UofL travels to Athens in 2011 and the Bulldogs come to Louisville in 2012.

http://uoflsports.collegesports.com/spor...06aaa.html
01-10-2006 03:30 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
Re: UofL signs a home & home series with Georgia
CollegeCard Wrote:The Cards announced an agreement today for a home and home football series with Georgia. The unfortunate part is that it is in the distant future. UofL travels to Athens in 2011 and the Bulldogs come to Louisville in 2012.

http://uoflsports.collegesports.com/spor...06aaa.html

Cincinnati also have a series with GA, ours is a 2 for 1 starting in 2008 at Athens.
01-10-2006 04:11 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

I thought Georgia has had enough of BE teams. lmfao

Why is a BE team giving 2 for 1 to anyone? Unless Cincy is playing at Georgia once and Georgia is playing at Cincy twice.
01-10-2006 04:39 PM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators

cuseroc Wrote:I thought Georgia has had enough of BE teams. lmfao

Why is a BE team giving 2 for 1 to anyone? Unless Cincy is playing at Georgia once and Georgia is playing at Cincy twice.

Thats a good question. We did sign 1 and 1 deals with North Carolina State and VPI.
01-10-2006 04:44 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

Exactly? Why is Cincy giving 2 for 1? Thats terrible. No BE team should do a 2 for 1 against any other BCS team. UCONN already made that policy and we got NCST, Maryland, UNC, IOWA, IOWA ST and others all on 1 for 1.
01-10-2006 05:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

SF Husky Wrote:

Exactly? Why is Cincy giving 2 for 1? Thats terrible. No BE team should do a 2 for 1 against any other BCS team. UCONN already made that policy and we got NCST, Maryland, UNC, IOWA, IOWA ST and others all on 1 for 1.

Because as of right now UC is in no position to dictate terms to Georgia, period. It's not a slam, but the truth. Just becasue their jersey says "BE" doesn't mean UGA is going to change their demands for that.

I'm sure I'll be crucified now for just "hating on the BE", but I'm not. It's just a rational opinion.
01-10-2006 07:40 PM
Advertisement

UnivCinBrct Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

The Knight Time Wrote:
SF Husky Wrote:

Because as of right now UC is in no position to dictate terms to Georgia, period. It's not a slam, but the truth. Just becasue their jersey says "BE" doesn't mean UGA is going to change their demands for that.

I'm sure I'll be crucified now for just "hating on the BE", but I'm not. It's just a rational opinion.

I agree. UGA is not just "any" BCS team. I'm not thrilled about the 2 for 1 but I think it's appropriate under the circumstances.
01-10-2006 07:44 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

The Knight Time Wrote:
SF Husky Wrote:

I bet they wouldnt try to pull that 2 for 1 with WV. As bad as Syracuse is, this year, there wont be any 2 for 1 with anyone. The same goes for Pitt. It looks like the Ville is flexing its muscle as well. I dont know about Cincy, but some BE schools dont play that mess. Say what you want about the BE, but its no cusa. If Cincy can get an even deal with Ohio St, then who is Georgia?
01-10-2006 09:59 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

Schools who schedule Buffalo shouldn't complain about anyone else's schedule 05-stirthepot
01-10-2006 11:17 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

Lemmiwinks Wrote:Schools who schedule Buffalo shouldn't complain about anyone else's schedule 05-stirthepot

LOL. Scheduling Buffalo or any MAC team is one thing, but losing to Buffalo or any other MAC team is an entirely different story. 03-melodramatic I think Buffalo would beat WESTERN CAROLINA by a couple of TD's Who was it that had western carolina on their schedule this year, I forget? lmfao
01-10-2006 11:30 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

The more important question: Did Syracuse beat Cincinnati 05-stirthepot 04-chairshot

Don't feel too bad... until it happens again on Saturday lmfao
01-10-2006 11:39 PM
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

cuseroc Wrote:It looks like the Ville is flexing its muscle as well.

I can't remember the last time UofL signed a 2 for 1 with anyone. My guess is about a decade ago or longer. I think Jurich basiscally ended that practice when he came to UofL in 1997/1998. The only team I can think of that UofL has played since Jurich came in where we did not get an equal number of home games is actually Syracuse. We played a single game in the Carrier Dome (a 30-20 win! ;-) ) in 2003 and that was it. I don't really remember the circumstances of it but it was a 12 game year and I suspect we really needed a 4th non-conference game against a solid team so we signed up.

Since 1999 we have now signed a 1 for 1 with FSU, Miami (FL), & Georgia and it doesn't get too much bigger than those 3. We also played 1 for 1 series against Penn St and Oklahoma in the late '90's that were signed before Jurich came in. Maybe he'd shock us all but I honestly don't think Jurich would even take a 2 for 1 with USC or Texas right now just on principle.
01-10-2006 11:46 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

CollegeCard Wrote:

I can't remember the last time UofL signed a 2 for 1 with anyone. My guess is about a decade ago or longer. I think Jurich basiscally ended that practice when he came to UofL in 1997/1998. The only team I can think of that UofL has played since Jurich came in where we did not get an equal number of home games is actually Syracuse. We played a single game in the Carrier Dome (a 30-20 win! ;-) ) in 2003 and that was it. I don't really remember the circumstances of it but it was a 12 game year and I suspect we really needed a 4th non-conference game against a solid team so we signed up.

Since 1999 we have now signed a 1 for 1 with FSU, Miami (FL), & Georgia and it doesn't get too much bigger than those 3. We also played 1 for 1 series against Penn St and Oklahoma in the late '90's that were signed before Jurich came in. Maybe he'd shock us all but I honestly don't think Jurich would even take a 2 for 1 with USC or Texas right now just on principle.

What happened was we became members of the Big East. It was supposed to be a 1-1 deal.
01-11-2006 12:18 AM
St. Patrick Eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For:

When Cinci announced the deal with GA, I congrtulated them, as I will do for UL. Having recently lived in ATL for 11 years, it is a miracle to get that team to travel outside the SE. The difference in recent years is the new AD Damon Evans. Before he took over for Vince Dooley, the last time GA traveled outside the SE for a non-conf game was 1968 against Houston. Since Evans took over UGA has scheduled home and homes with AZ St., Colorado, and Louisville. UGA is also looking at other schools outside of the SE.
01-11-2006 12:35 AM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

The Knight Time Wrote:
SF Husky Wrote:

But, because of the Big East name, we're in position to tell Georgia thanks but no thanks. We don't need to grovel for a 2 for 1 deal with Georgia, there are a lot of BCS schools that would play UC, particularly because of our BCS affiliation. But this gives the school exposure and maybe helps attention by giving us a national flavor, so that could be it.
01-11-2006 06:39 AM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

Originally Ohio State wasn't going to play UC or give us a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1, but once UC joined the Big East they gave us a home-and-home (after the old contract expires next year) so UC can get home and home games against BCS schools.
01-11-2006 06:41 AM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

Lemmiwinks Wrote:The more important question: Did Syracuse beat Cincinnati 05-stirthepot 04-chairshot

Don't feel too bad... until it happens again on Saturday lmfao

There was 2 times that Cincy beat Cuse in fb. The one year SU went 4-7, and this year, when SU went 1-10. Congratulations. 01-wingedeagle

This saturday, your gonna get another BE welcome, this time at your place. Its gonna hurt, real bad05-mafia
01-11-2006 08:02 AM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:

UC also has home and home with Va Tech starting next season and with NC State. The UC Georgia game is scheduled for the Bengals Paul Brown Stadium as is the Ohio St. game seating at over 65,000.
01-11-2006 08:46 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

CollegeCard Wrote:

Yeah we joined their conference in case you haven't noticed. As for UC going 2-1 I don't like it. And cuseroc the deal with OSU is not a 1-1 in a traditional sense as I understand it.

They open up PBS so they can pack the place with buckeye fans. UC has no home field advantage.
01-11-2006 10:31 AM
GunnerFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: GT, Cuse

CatsClaw Wrote:But, because of the Big East name, we're in position to tell Georgia thanks but no thanks. We don't need to grovel for a 2 for 1 deal with Georgia, there are a lot of BCS schools that would play UC, particularly because of our BCS affiliation.
Obviously it's not this simple. If you put the BE badge on Akron do you think they'll swing 1 and 1 deals with Michigan or Texas? I don't. I think it's more the state of the program and in that regard Cincinatti isn't as empowered as programs like Syracuse, WVU, etc. (For that matter, I don't think Duke is there either).

I'm confident that as the Bearcat program builds on it's reputation and perhaps grows a more solid fanbase for football they'll be better equipped to seek alternatives to such deals. In the meantime Cincy may have asked for 1 and 1 but also, as you went on to say, they felt that they'd rather play teams like UGA then miss out on the opportunity and have too many Ohio's on their schedule.
01-11-2006 10:47 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.