RE: BYU to MWC reports growing
Careful you might get Cuban on a temper tantrum with this post
01-05-2013 10:45 AM
Find all posts by this user
Frank the Tank Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
Meh. Much like news about Notre Dame, anything that isn't coming directly from BYU land itself is pretty worthless. The LDS is making the decision for BYU, *not* the athletic people that most of these reporters talk to. The most that the MWC could get from BYU is an ND-type partial membership arrangement. The MWC (or any other league outside of the 5 power conferences) makes little sense for BYU at this point. I'm not sure why BYU is suddenly more likely to join leagues that they turned down just months ago when such leagues were actually stronger. Bowl access is a red herring - getting a slot for being the best of a group of 60-plus schools isn't worth giving up scheduling and TV independence (and I continue to believe the BYU's scheduling "problems" are completely overstated - I'm fairly certain virtually every Big East and MWC fan on this board would trade schedules with BYU for the next 2 years in a heartbeat).
01-05-2013 10:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(01-05-2013 10:50 AM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  Meh. Much like news about Notre Dame, anything that isn't coming directly from BYU land itself is pretty worthless. The LDS is making the decision for BYU, *not* the athletic people that most of these reporters talk to. The most that the MWC could get from BYU is an ND-type partial membership arrangement. The MWC (or any other league outside of the 5 power conferences) makes little sense for BYU at this point. I'm not sure why BYU is suddenly more likely to join leagues that they turned down just months ago when such leagues were actually stronger. Bowl access is a red herring - getting a slot for being the best of a group of 60-plus schools isn't worth giving up scheduling and TV independence (and I continue to believe the BYU's scheduling "problems" are completely overstated - I'm fairly certain virtually every Big East and MWC fan on this board would trade schedules with BYU for the next 2 years in a heartbeat).

They can cherry pick MWC schools to schedule virtually any time they want. Their TV deal now is as good or better than what Boise will be getting. Not seeing them rejoining a weaker than it was when they left MWC. One caveat will be their feelings on that 'playoff' bowl spot.
01-05-2013 11:06 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(01-05-2013 10:50 AM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  Meh. Much like news about Notre Dame, anything that isn't coming directly from BYU land itself is pretty worthless. The LDS is making the decision for BYU, *not* the athletic people that most of these reporters talk to. The most that the MWC could get from BYU is an ND-type partial membership arrangement. The MWC (or any other league outside of the 5 power conferences) makes little sense for BYU at this point. I'm not sure why BYU is suddenly more likely to join leagues that they turned down just months ago when such leagues were actually stronger. Bowl access is a red herring - getting a slot for being the best of a group of 60-plus schools isn't worth giving up scheduling and TV independence (and I continue to believe the BYU's scheduling "problems" are completely overstated - I'm fairly certain virtually every Big East and MWC fan on this board would trade schedules with BYU for the next 2 years in a heartbeat).

I agree with Frank on this one. BYU is already playing the best schools from the MWC and the Big East. They have games with Boise, Utah State, Houston, Hawaii, and Cincinnati. I am sure the MWC and the Big East would enter a bowl agreement with them too as an opponent.
01-05-2013 11:14 AM
Cooglius Caeser Offline
Banned

I Root For: Houston
this was from yeterday. and the guy says it's an echo chamber between a radio guy and a sports board.

blah, blah, blah
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 11:41 AM by Cooglius Caeser.)
01-05-2013 11:41 AM
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(01-05-2013 10:45 AM)ayerock559 Wrote:  Careful you might get Cuban on a temper tantrum with this post

03-zzz
01-05-2013 12:15 PM
FULL_MONTY Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
If you think the tater zoobs bent over the MW, what till the Zoobs get in their shots.

Everyone is going to need to bolt down anything that moves and make a run on anal plugs or chastity belts.
01-05-2013 12:21 PM
Blackhawk-eye Offline
1st String

I Root For: B&G Hawks
(01-05-2013 12:15 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 10:45 AM)ayerock559 Wrote:  Careful you might get Cuban on a temper tantrum with this post

03-zzz

Don't wake a sleeping bear.

03-shhhh
01-05-2013 12:31 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(01-05-2013 12:31 PM)Fireman451 Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 12:15 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  

03-zzz

Don't wake a sleeping bear.

03-shhhh

LOL. I find it amusing that MWC fans have The need to come to a BE board and gloat about an event that hasn't even happen yet. Insecurity?
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 12:35 PM by Cubanbull.)
01-05-2013 12:34 PM
Cooglius Caeser Offline
Banned

They can blither from now til doomsday but nothing will improve their overall football.

It's basically The Boise Conference now.
01-05-2013 12:48 PM
Advertisement

Yoda Offline
1st String

I Root For: Fresno State
(01-05-2013 10:42 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  http://www.mwcconnection.com/2013/1/4/38...ntain-west

Maybe, but reports and credible reports are entirely different animals. I haven't seen any reports that I consider to be even remotely credible. And I doubt that we will until it is decided.

Yoda out...

01-05-2013 02:55 PM
RUScarlets Online
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
Every conference has a Boise. Or some destined lovers pair. You need a couple of those to keep a conference afloat. nBE has nothing. MWC has Boise for now... possibly BYU. With BYU all-sports they are legit.

As long as the ACC has UNC/FSU, they will be a power conference. OSU/Michi... OU/UT... USC/Stanford/Oregon. LSU/Fla. You need power schools like that. Multiple schools.
01-05-2013 02:56 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
The fans on one BYU message board do not like the move, therefore it will not happen.
01-05-2013 03:01 PM
darkdragon99 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: geography
Id love to see it as a neutral fan. Seems kinda dumb they are in a baskeball conference with a bunch of private schools who play in small gyms. Yeah I know its all about football blah blah blah.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 03:30 PM by darkdragon99.)
01-05-2013 03:30 PM
Cooglius Caeser Offline
Banned

Bounce, I bet you're on every conference board logged under one school or another and have been for years. I'm also convinced there's a bra on your head and pokemon posters floor to ceiling in your basement.
01-05-2013 03:49 PM
Advertisement

Wavetime Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
BYU turned down the Big 12, so why would they go to the MWC. Besides, they will not be second fiddle to Boise.
01-05-2013 03:50 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
(01-05-2013 03:49 PM)Cooglius Caeser Wrote:  Bounce, I bet you're on every conference board logged under one school or another and have been for years. I'm also convinced there's a bra on your head and pokemon posters floor to ceiling in your basement.

Personal attacks will get you nowhere, clearly outmatched intellectually it is sad that you went this route.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 04:35 PM by Bearcat_Bounce.)
01-05-2013 04:10 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
I could see BYU doing the ND-ACC arrangement with the MWC. We give up 5/6 games a year in football in exchange for membership in all other sports. (I think you'll see 5 games rotating around 11 MWC schools plus 1 locked in with Boise. That gives them 6 dates to schedule Big Ten, ACC, SEC, Pac-12, Big 12, ND, Eastern Service Academies.)
01-05-2013 04:41 PM
Cooglius Caeser Offline
Banned

(01-05-2013 04:10 PM)Bearcat_Bounce Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 03:49 PM)Cooglius Caeser Wrote:  Bounce, I bet you're on every conference board logged under one school or another and have been for years. I'm also convinced there's a bra on your head and pokemon posters floor to ceiling in your basement.

Personal attacks will get you nowhere, clearly outmatched intellectually it is sad that you went this route.

The breadth of your shtick from the beginning has been to agitate. You started by using the term " bottom dwellers" and other stupidities in your endless expressions of personal frustration. Anyone that goes through such tortured attempts to demean other schools is little more than a concubine to their own personal demons.

I guarantee somewhere in your stack of oddities is a letter from Delaware State telling you you're not cut-out for their basket-weaving program. The Internet has suffered the consequences ever since.

I personally don't care if I get banned from this board. At the end of the day you're nothing but a little d-bag that sits around in his pajamas, sweating and typing furiously in hopes of angering people a thousand miles away.

Btw - your bengals are about to get their ass kicked. But I'm sure they'll be in a league better than the NFL next year.
01-05-2013 04:56 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.