Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anyone notice....
Bookmark and Share
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
Smile Anyone notice....
That the only thing the clowns on the big east board want to talk about is their chickensh..t tv contract.
01-21-2013 11:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
Anyone notice....
I'm amused at how many of them think they are already too good for Tulsa. You know, the current CUSA football champs.
01-21-2013 11:51 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Anyone notice....
They might as well be arguing over who has the biggest pecker
01-21-2013 11:53 PM
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I'm gonna miss this league if we leave.

It was always about football and who had the best program.

No one cared about tv money and then it all went away when Aggie went to the sec.
01-22-2013 12:03 AM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

Notice how they are all above you even though you won the ship fair and square on he field
01-22-2013 12:06 AM
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

Sadly the same market ratings mindset is what ruined cusa 3.0

I'd rather play usm and la tech any day other than uconn and temple.

Respect is earned on the field not in a tv executives office.
01-22-2013 12:14 AM
Advertisement

TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
(01-21-2013 11:32 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  That the only thing the clowns on the big east board want to talk about is their chickensh..t tv contract.

Not everyone! Or maybe it's just that I am not a clown. Not that I am looking for any pats on the back but I have stood up for C-USA programs and C-USA as a whole over there several times. Of course I still post here at least as often as over there. Just like this board better, even despite the crap spewed between some ECU posters and some others.

I will never join into the market BS talk. Of course I'm an ECU fan so it's easy for me to say that but I'd like to think I wouldn't even if I lived in (or ECU was in) a huge market. If people feel that their team needs more money than others to be better that's too bad for them. Of course on the flip side there are the true have who have massive amounts of money and everyone is trying to nibble at that difference.

In the end look at a program like Southern Miss. They don't have the most money but they have been damn good in the 3 major men's sports. As for people who say that's good for them but they don't do any good as conference mates, that is foolishness. USM has been an awesome conference mate for ECU. Any game in D-F with USM involved just has a different feel.

Anyway, I'll stop here but I agree, I have had enough talk about markets and tv contracts to last a lifetime. New visitors who make it to that board have to wonder if they made a wrong turn while looking for a sports message board and wandered into a television/marketing board.
01-22-2013 12:26 AM
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

Not everyone

I'm mainly venting at a few people and one idiotic temple fan.
01-22-2013 12:43 AM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
Not everyone over there is a clown, but there are more than a few.

More than once there's been a comment that goes something like this....."Sure, Tulsa has a really good football program and a great basketball legacy, but they don't add anything. UMass is where we should be looking." UMass, with 10K average attendance.....just weird.

The whole conference scrambled mess is just weird.

I do wish the remaining members plus UNT, MTSU, and LaTech good fortune and good luck. You guys have all worked hard to maintain quality FBS programs and fan bases with no free rides.
01-22-2013 12:50 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(01-22-2013 12:43 AM)panicstricken Wrote:  Not everyone

I'm mainly venting at a few people and one idiotic temple fan.

I laugh at Temple...The only program to be kicked out of a BCS conference. They also showed just how crappy they were last year when they went from playing Ball State CMU and EMU to playing Rutgers, Cincy and Louisville. I think they become a 1-2 win team again real soon, year in and year out.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2013 12:52 AM by HerdZoned.)
01-22-2013 12:50 AM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(01-21-2013 11:32 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  That the only thing the clowns on the big east board want to talk about is their chickensh..t tv contract.

FWIW, I'm arguing FOR Tulsa's inclusion with some of the commuter school idiots on that board. I don't give a damn what the TV deal is, I want the most competitive league possible. If I had my way I'd boot Tulane, add USM, add Tulsa and be done with it.
01-22-2013 12:52 AM
Advertisement

panicstricken Offline
Heisman

Best teams mean the best product.
01-22-2013 12:58 AM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(01-22-2013 12:50 AM)oldtiger Wrote:  Not everyone over there is a clown, but there are more than a few.

More than once there's been a comment that goes something like this....."Sure, Tulsa has a really good football program and a great basketball legacy, but they don't add anything. UMass is where we should be looking." UMass, with 10K average attendance.....just weird.

The whole conference scrambled mess is just weird.

I do wish the remaining members plus UNT, MTSU, and LaTech good fortune and good luck. You guys have all worked hard to maintain quality FBS programs and fan bases with no free rides.

You forgot to add umass and their "flagship" status
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2013 01:47 AM by Thegoldstandard.)
01-22-2013 01:24 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(01-22-2013 01:24 AM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  You forgot to ass umass and their "flagship" status

Ive always seen Havard or MIT the flagship of Mass.
01-22-2013 01:39 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Pretty unfair criticisms. By and large, virtually all the fans from schools moving from CUSA have been supportive of Tulsa on the BE board.
01-22-2013 01:52 AM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(01-22-2013 01:52 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Pretty unfair criticisms. By and large, virtually all the fans from schools moving from CUSA have been supportive of Tulsa on the BE board.

I don't think anyone was talking about legacy CUSA program's posters....or I missed it if anyone did. There is probably a rogue or two that might not be supporting Tulsa, but I can't recall any.

FWIW, I'm not for trading Tulsa for Tulane as some have mentioned. Tulane has a bid in hand that's been accepted Tulsa is an "add" not a trade.
01-22-2013 02:09 AM
Advertisement

Fear The Beak Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTSA
(01-22-2013 12:52 AM)blunderbuss Wrote:  If I had my way I'd boot Tulane, add USM, add Tulsa and be done with it.

Cool, give us back Tulane. I was looking forward to a road trip to New Orleans every-other year. (But you can't have Tulsa and USM.)
01-22-2013 07:25 AM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

that's all they have left. the teams are gone. the AQ is gone. the phoney sense of prestige is gone. soon, even the name will be gone.

all that they have left that will allow them to revel in the memory of what they once were is their freaking tv contract.
01-22-2013 09:38 AM
eagleriffic Offline
King of the Wicker People!

(01-22-2013 12:58 AM)panicstricken Wrote:  Best teams mean the best product.

This is what the networks do not understand. You can have the biggest tv markets nut if the teams you show suck no one will watch. They are selling ads based on "potiental" viewers.

Alabama gets a big tv audiance because the product. Not because of the mighty tv market that is tuscaloosa, al.

If LaTech wins, wins & wins some more ppl will watch them. Same with any program
Conferences should look at who has the potential to win vs potential tv markets in one area. Winning teams like Boise or Marshall in the 90's get nationwide viewership not just one or two tv markets.
01-22-2013 10:26 AM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators

Wouldn't know as I don't visit that board. I read enough of their ridiculous opinions they try to present as facts on this board. I couldn't even imagine the level of stupidity if I were to dive into the madness over there.

Typical conversation between a CUSA fan and a Aresco Conference lover:

CUSA: Well here you have this fact this fact and this fact.
Aresco: Oh yea? Opinion, opinion, opinion, and don't forget opinion.
CUSA: You're basing that on what? I read fact, fact, fact. Plus fact, fact and even fact.
Aresco: Yea well guess what? Opinion, opinion, and we had a Times Square Banner.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2013 10:33 AM by MU ATO.)
01-22-2013 10:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.