Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Interesting post on the Kansas board...
OldGoldnBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU
Interesting post on the Kansas board...
A reliable source stating that he has been told that the B1G is going to 16-20 from B1G sources.

Kansas Board.
02-25-2013 01:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
RE: Interesting post on the Kansas board...
Well at least it ain't the Dude.
02-25-2013 01:04 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
(02-25-2013 01:02 PM)OldGoldnBlue Wrote:  A reliable source stating that he has been told that the B1G is going to 16-20 from B1G sources.

Kansas Board.

Podcast. Discussion starts at 20:30.

2 different sources said "Not surprised if Big 10 expands to 18-20, but 16 for sure."

One source in the know said "Kansas is on the radar. Might depend if Kansas Legislature has tied Kansas St to Kansas."

Two different sources say "Missouri is on the Big 10 radar down the road."

Also heard "Big 10 would love to add Texas."

Rationale: The Big 10 Network is printing money. Big 10 owns 49%. Looking for other states to penetrate.

Source: "Big 10 has probably gone as far East as they want to go. Now they want to reach into the South and maybe West" (i.e. Kansas, Missouri, etc.)
02-25-2013 01:18 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Sounds like trouble in Big12 paradise!
02-25-2013 01:21 PM
OldGoldnBlue Offline
1st String

(02-25-2013 01:21 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Sounds like trouble in Big12 paradise!

I wouldn't get too excited. At the very least half of those schools are coming from the ACC.
02-25-2013 01:22 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
My sources can confirm that the PAC is waiting for the B1G to move, so they can pounce on 'Cuse, BC, Pitt, and ND.
02-25-2013 01:22 PM
Advertisement

jam2112 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UConn
(02-25-2013 01:22 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  My sources can confirm that the PAC is waiting for the B1G to move, so they can pounce on 'Cuse, BC, Pitt, and ND.

R u miko posing as a 'cuse fan?
02-25-2013 01:27 PM
OldGoldnBlue Offline
1st String

(02-25-2013 01:22 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  My sources can confirm that the PAC is waiting for the B1G to move, so they can pounce on 'Cuse, BC, Pitt, and ND.

Be serious now, this is a pretty legit source.
bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I could see going to 16 easy with KU and missouri or syracuse. Yet, getting bigger than 16 makes it very hard to divide the big 10 school's and not blow up tradition. I would be surprised if ohio state is cool with going into eastern divisions solo. Than you got the GOR but if the big 10 and pac 10 work together to get to 20 they could carve up the big 12. Send the 6 texas and OK school's to the pac 12 with KU going to the big 10. Just have to find wvu a home to dissolve the big 12.
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
Everyone thinks, but the truth is no one knows what will happen or who will ACTUALLY be targeted. I think the BigTen screwed themselves when they didn't bring in Mizzu, but if they can rectify that mistake they should be the first team they select not a possible candidate down the road. Kansas would be another great selection for the BigTen with their already built in rivalry with Mizzu not to mention close proximity to Nebraska. Now those 2 teams puts them at 16, but if they really want to make a splash then by all means go after Oklahoma & Texas. With those two stop at 18 teams with 2 divisions of 9 with a semi-final game as well as Championship Game not mention round robin amongst your division with a couple of crossover games with a few sister of the poor games and you are set. Again everyone thinks they know, but honesty they don't know squat.
02-25-2013 01:31 PM
OldGoldnBlue Offline
1st String

(02-25-2013 01:31 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  Everyone thinks, but the truth is no one knows what will happen or who will ACTUALLY be targeted. I think the BigTen screwed themselves when they didn't bring in Mizzu, but if they can rectify that mistake they should be the first team they select not a possible candidate down the road. Kansas would be another great selection for the BigTen with their already built in rivalry with Mizzu not to mention close proximity to Nebraska. Now those 2 teams puts them at 16, but if they really want to make a splash then by all means go after Oklahoma & Texas. With those two stop at 18 teams with 2 divisions of 9 with a semi-final game as well as Championship Game not mention round robin amongst your division with a couple of crossover games with a few sister of the poor games and you are set. Again everyone thinks they know, but honesty they don't know squat.

No way they could just get OU and Texas without the little brothers tagging along. Remember Texas has a "Tech problem"
02-25-2013 01:36 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
"If" the B1G plucks a Missouri/Kansas my guess is the SEC will try once again for Texas-(once the Longhorns say no again to the ACC/B1G & Pac 12) they would set their sights for the Eers...they would be the most willing to jump through the hoops and it gives the SEC even more into both the Pittsburgh/DC markets.
02-25-2013 01:38 PM
OldGoldnBlue Offline
1st String

(02-25-2013 01:38 PM)Maize Wrote:  "If" the B1G plucks a Missouri/Kansas my guess is the SEC will try once again for Texas-(once the Longhorns say no again to the ACC/B1G & Pac 12) they would set their sights for the Eers...they would be the most willing to jump through the hoops and it gives the SEC even more into both the Pittsburgh/DC markets.

it would be over A&M's dead body before UT got in the SEC. Maybe the Oklahoma twins?
02-25-2013 01:45 PM
bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
If the big 10 landed KU and missouri to jump to 16, i could see the sec offer Texas, Oklahoma and either Texas Tech or Ok state to jump to 16. I could see a deal with texas tech and maybe houston going to the pac 10 to ease the politics with ok state going to the sec. Or the sec might offer all 4 (texas, tex tech, ou, osu) and jump to 18 with WVU but getting so large mess up the traditions and gets hard to divide. If the those school's refused, than i'd go with the sec offering wvu to get back to 14. I would guess wvu would do whatever it takes to join the sec if offered.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 01:50 PM by bluesox.)
02-25-2013 01:45 PM
OldGoldnBlue Offline
1st String

(02-25-2013 01:45 PM)bluesox Wrote:  If the big 10 landed KU and missouri to jump to 16, i could see the sec offer Texas, Oklahoma and either Texas Tech or Ok state to jump to 16. They might offer all 4 and jump to 18 with WVU but getting so large mess up the traditions and gets hard to divide.. If the those school's refused, than i'd go with the sec offering wvu to get back to 14. I would guess wvu would do whatever it takes to join the sec if offered.

you would be right. WVU was fairly close to joining last time around. There was truth to that.
02-25-2013 01:47 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
So the B1G has gone as far east as they intend. Hmmm so who exactly is further east than Rutgers? UConn and BC? What a shock 03-lmfao
02-25-2013 01:49 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(02-25-2013 01:31 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  Everyone thinks, but the truth is no one knows what will happen or who will ACTUALLY be targeted. I think the BigTen screwed themselves when they didn't bring in Mizzu, but if they can rectify that mistake they should be the first team they select not a possible candidate down the road. Kansas would be another great selection for the BigTen with their already built in rivalry with Mizzu not to mention close proximity to Nebraska. Now those 2 teams puts them at 16, but if they really want to make a splash then by all means go after Oklahoma & Texas. With those two stop at 18 teams with 2 divisions of 9 with a semi-final game as well as Championship Game not mention round robin amongst your division with a couple of crossover games with a few sister of the poor games and you are set. Again everyone thinks they know, but honesty they don't know squat.

Well everyone does know that the Ohio St. president said the Big 10 was looking south and east and could conceivably go to 20 with teams from that direction and maybe a couple of midwest teams.

Noone knows what they are finally going to do, if anything, but we have a rough idea of what they are talking about.
02-25-2013 01:56 PM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
But what about the GoR issue? Maybe I don't understand it, but even if Kansas went, wouldn't the Big 12 still own the rights to ALL of their televised games through practically the next millenium? If my understanding is correct, how could they afford to consider the BIG?
02-25-2013 02:02 PM
OldGoldnBlue Offline
1st String

(02-25-2013 02:02 PM)Cnelson203 Wrote:  But what about the GoR issue? Maybe I don't understand it, but even if Kansas went, wouldn't the Big 12 still own the rights to ALL of their televised games through practically the next millenium? If my understanding is correct, how could they afford to consider the BIG?

GOR isn't iron clad according to people in WVU's AD.
02-25-2013 02:03 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(02-25-2013 02:02 PM)Cnelson203 Wrote:  But what about the GoR issue? Maybe I don't understand it, but even if Kansas went, wouldn't the Big 12 still own the rights to ALL of their televised games through practically the next millenium? If my understanding is correct, how could they afford to consider the BIG?

I would imagine that you have to get out your checkbook to pay the holder of those rights so your a free to move elsewhere.
02-25-2013 02:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.