Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Update for cuseroc
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
Update for cuseroc
cuseroc,

Three weeks ago you asked to be updated on the seeding for the NCAA tournament (link below). Memphis is still projected to be a #1 seed. On top of that, on PTI today your boy Boeheim predicted Memphis will be in the Final Four. He's a pretty smart basketball guy. I hope he's right. By the way, did Syracuse start 2 Freshmen, 2 Sophomores and a Senior when they won the championship in 2003?

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/bigeast/ph...595#125595
02-21-2006 06:06 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
Re: Update for cuseroc
3601 Wrote:cuseroc,

On top of that, on PTI today your boy Boeheim predicted Memphis will be in the Final Four. He's a pretty smart basketball guy. I hope he's right.

Way to overreach on that one. He did not say "Memphis will be in the Final 4". When asked to pick dark horses, he couldn't come up with a name outside of several BE teams like Pitt & WVU, and so he said he thinks it could be a year where the top teams don't get upset. He called UConn and Duke a "lock" for the Final 4 (I don't agree) and then said Memphis and Nova are also both very very good.

Boeheim was really going out on a limb by naming the current AP Top 4, calling 2 of them locks and calling the other 2 very good. Too bad that happens about once every quarter century, if that!
02-21-2006 06:09 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

CollegeCard Wrote:

On top of that, on PTI today your boy Boeheim predicted Memphis will be in the Final Four. He's a pretty smart basketball guy. I hope he's right.

Way to overreach on that one. He did not say "Memphis will be in the Final 4". When asked to pick dark horses, he couldn't come up with a name outside of several BE teams like Pitt & WVU, and so he said he thinks it could be a year where the top teams don't get upset. He called UConn and Duke a "lock" for the Final 4 (I don't agree) and then said Memphis and Nova are also both very very good.

Boeheim was really going out on a limb by naming the current AP Top 4, calling 2 of them locks and calling the other 2 very good. Too bad that happens about once every quarter century, if that!

I didn't watch it myself. I'm repeating what I read elsewhere from a usual reliable source. My bad if that's not what he said. Did he mention Louisville by chance?
02-21-2006 06:20 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
3601 Wrote:
CollegeCard Wrote:

I didn't watch it myself. I'm repeating what I read elsewhere from a usual reliable source. My bad if that's not what he said. Did he mention Louisville by chance?

Nice little dig at Louisville. I see you guy certainly dont mind kicking a guy when hes down. I admit that I maybe wrong about Memphis being a #2 seed. I think that is as good as they will get. I am pretty sure that memphis will not be a #1 seed. You have already dropped in the rpi to #5 as of last week, even though you did not lose. In fact, If Pitt keeps winning, I think you drop to around 6 or 7 which will make you a #2 seed..
Memphis definitly will not be a final 4 team lmfao lmfao . I stand by my prediction of sweet 16.
02-21-2006 10:22 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

cuseroc Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
CollegeCard Wrote:

Nice little dig at Louisville. I see you guy certainly dont mind kicking a guy when hes down. I admit that I maybe wrong about Memphis being a #2 seed. I think that is as good as they will get. I am pretty sure that memphis will not be a #1 seed. You have already dropped in the rpi to #5 as of last week, even though you did not lose. In fact, If Pitt keeps winning, I think you drop to around 6 or 7 which will make you a #2 seed..
Memphis definitly will not be a final 4 team lmfao lmfao . I stand by my prediction of sweet 16.

I never guaranteed that Memphis will be a Final Four team, but we definitely have the talent to get there and a coach who has gotten there before. Maybe we'll run across Syracuse in the tournament. That would be interesting.

You don't know as much about basketball as you think you do if you think that being #7 in the RPI will keep you out of a #1 seed. Tennessee is either 3 or 4 in the RPI. That doesn't make them a #1 seed. I still say that Memphis is even money to be a #1 seed and that we won't drop below a 2 seed. Not that it really matters though. Syracuse won the National Championship as a 3 seed. Remember?
02-22-2006 10:33 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
3601 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
CollegeCard Wrote:

I never guaranteed that Memphis will be a Final Four team, but we definitely have the talent to get there and a coach who has gotten there before. Maybe we'll run across Syracuse in the tournament. That would be interesting.

You don't know as much about basketball as you think you do if you think that being #7 in the RPI will keep you out of a #1 seed. Tennessee is either 3 or 4 in the RPI. That doesn't make them a #1 seed. I still say that Memphis is even money to be a #1 seed and that we won't drop below a 2 seed. Not that it really matters though. Syracuse won the National Championship as a 3 seed. Remember?

No I do not remember SU winning a championship a #3 seed, but I do remember the Cuse winning the national championship a #5 seed. You may not think that I know much about bb, but I will tell you that if Memphis is a #7 rpi, they will not be a #1 seed. If it were Uconn or Duke, Villanova etc... yes, but not Memphis. If you dont understand that, then your the one who does not know much about bb. BTW; memphis will not be winning any national championship this year, no matter what they are seeded.
02-22-2006 02:39 PM
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

cuseroc Wrote:BTW; memphis will not be winning any national championship this year, no matter what they are seeded.

Don't go out on a limb or anything. Odds are probably 20-1 that Memphis won't win the championship. You are probably right about that. Memphis probably won't win the championship, but they are more likely to do so than Syracuse.
02-22-2006 03:09 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

cuseroc Wrote:You may not think that I know much about bb, but I will tell you that if Memphis is a #7 rpi, they will not be a #1 seed.

I'm telling you right now this is a very real possibility. Time will tell. However, if we win out our RPI probably won't drop that far.
02-22-2006 03:10 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
3601 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:BTW; memphis will not be winning any national championship this year, no matter what they are seeded.

Don't go out on a limb or anything. Odds are probably 20-1 that Memphis won't win the championship. You are probably right about that. Memphis probably won't win the championship, but they are more likely to do so than Syracuse.

You maybe more likely than Cuse, This Year, but then again, Cuse has already won one this decade. :shhh: Nothing more to say.
02-22-2006 06:21 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
3601 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:You may not think that I know much about bb, but I will tell you that if Memphis is a #7 rpi, they will not be a #1 seed.

I'm telling you right now this is a very real possibility. Time will tell. However, if we win out our RPI probably won't drop that far.

But if teams like Pitt and texas wins the rest of their games, its very probable that memphis will drop that low. Not saying they would, but it very well could happen
02-22-2006 06:23 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

cuseroc Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

You maybe more likely than Cuse, This Year, but then again, Cuse has already won one this decade. :shhh: Nothing more to say.

Congratulations. Hopefully, it won't take Cal as long to do it as it did Jimmy B. There are some great coaches that never won championships.
02-22-2006 06:26 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

3601 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

Congratulations. Hopefully, it won't take Cal as long to do it as it did Jimmy B. There are some great coaches that never won championships.

Your conference schedule is going to come back and bite you in the tourney. Feasting on the CUSA lightweights will not cut it. I see a Memphis burnout by the third round.
02-22-2006 06:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
3601 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

Lame. Take all of the memphis coaches who have ever coached at memphis, and Boeheim has more ncaa championships than all of them put together, were able to get while coaching coaching at memphis. Nice try though. 03-melodramatic You should never try to talk sarcastic smack about boeheim or the Cuse. Your a memphis fan. Understand? 04-jawdrop
02-22-2006 06:56 PM
kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
cuseroc Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

Lame. Take all of the memphis coaches who have ever coached at memphis, and Boeheim has more ncaa championships than all of them put together, were able to get while coaching coaching at memphis. Nice try though. 03-melodramatic You should never try to talk sarcastic smack about boeheim or the Cuse. Your a memphis fan. Understand? 04-jawdrop

Your championships are ancient history if you try to debate with some of those guys. It doesn't matter how many Big East titles Syracuse has won or how many times you guys have been to the final four. Your program is not better than the memphis program(sarcasm). This is the same type of arguments some of those guys bring to our board. I wouldn't pull up any facts or anything like that because they don't matter only this year matters. Nevermind the rich Syracuse tradition one of the top 10 basketball program of all time by alot of media outlets. Cuseroc you are going to be fighting a long battle because you are making to much sense.LOL
02-23-2006 05:59 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Gentlemen.....
Maybe my reading comprehension skills are beginning to suffer but I just read the whole thread and 3601 didn't say anything negative about Syracuse. He made the comment that it took Jimmy B a few years to win a championship and if I'm not mistaken he's right.
Still it doesn't take away from the fact that Memphis has a hell of a team this year. Just my two cents...
Jim
02-23-2006 07:28 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
Re: Gentlemen.....
CardinalJim Wrote:Maybe my reading comprehension skills are beginning to suffer but I just read the whole thread and 3601 didn't say anything negative about Syracuse. He made the comment that it took Jimmy B a few years to win a championship and if I'm not mistaken he's right.
Still it doesn't take away from the fact that Memphis has a hell of a team this year. Just my two cents...
Jim

Well thats the whole point. He wants to point out that it took boeheim a while. He like to point that out, and this is not the first time. Well how many ncaa championships does memphis have, in their long storied history? How many does Cal have?

And i am not disputing the fact that memphis has a great team this year. If you read this thread carefully, you would see that. I just dont think they are worthy of a #1 seed, nor do I think they are final four material this year. Next year may be a different story, but this year, nah. I also think that Pitt is a great team this year, but that does not mean I think of them as final four. But they have as good, if not better chance as memhis to get there.

The problem with some memphis fans, is that if you dont think that they are final four, your disrespecting them. Thats why they are all over the message boards promoting their bb team. To me its not smart to come to a BE board with all of the great BE programs who have actually won ncaa championships, not NIT's, and tell us how great memphis is.
02-23-2006 09:31 AM
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

cuseroc Wrote:
CardinalJim Wrote:Maybe my reading comprehension skills are beginning to suffer but I just read the whole thread and 3601 didn't say anything negative about Syracuse. He made the comment that it took Jimmy B a few years to win a championship and if I'm not mistaken he's right.
Jim

Well thats the whole point. He wants to point out that it took boeheim a while. He like to point that out, and this is not the first time. Well how many ncaa championships does memphis have, in their long storied history? How many does Cal have?

And i am not disputing the fact that memphis has a great team this year. If you read this thread carefully, you would see that. I just dont think they are worthy of a #1 seed, nor do I think they are final four material this year. Next year may be a different story, but this year, nah. I also think that Pitt is a great team this year, but that does not mean I think of them as final four. But they have as good, if not better chance as memhis to get there.

The problem with some memphis fans, is that if you dont think that they are final four, your disrespecting them. Thats why they are all over the message boards promoting their bb team. To me its not smart to come to a BE board with all of the great BE programs who have actually won ncaa championships, not NIT's, and tell us how great memphis is.

cuseroc, you are off base. I have no problem with anyone who doesn't think Memphis has a Final Four team this year. Chances are we won't make the Final Four. Our disagreement is over seeding because you made some absurd remarks about seeding a few weeks ago.

I have nothing but respect for Jim B. He is one of my favorite coaches in college basketball. I was glad when Syracuse won the championship because I thought he got a bum rap for "not being able to win the big one" before they won it. He's a helluva coach.

I'm not going to come over here an glorify Memphis, but I will come over here and defend Memphis at the drop of a hat.
02-23-2006 10:52 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

It's getting cold in hell. Jim is taking up for me.
02-23-2006 11:58 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
3601 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
Jim

cuseroc, you are off base. I have no problem with anyone who doesn't think Memphis has a Final Four team this year. Chances are we won't make the Final Four. Our disagreement is over seeding because you made some absurd remarks about seeding a few weeks ago.

I have nothing but respect for Jim B. He is one of my favorite coaches in college basketball. I was glad when Syracuse won the championship because I thought he got a bum rap for "not being able to win the big one" before they won it. He's a helluva coach.

I'm not going to come over here an glorify Memphis, but I will come over here and defend Memphis at the drop of a hat.

If you think its absurd because I said that I dont think memphis will be a #1 seed and they would be a #3 seed, and that they will not make it to the final four, and that memphis will not get past sweet 16, then I guess you dont know the meaning of the word absurd. Those are all very possible scenarios, and some very likely. Nothing absurd about those statements.

That is what I mean, you think its disrespecting your program and absurd because I dont think they will get past the sweet 16, and they dont deserve the #1 and #2 seed. (If memphis wins the rest of the way, I think they may deserve the #2 seed) That is my opinion which is worthless.

And there is no reason to defend memphis at the drop of a hat, because everything that i ever posted about memphis was either my opinion based on what I know of memphis, or based on memphis records over the past few years.
02-23-2006 03:53 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

cuseroc Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
Jim

If you think its absurd because I said that I dont think memphis will be a #1 seed and they would be a #3 seed, and that they will not make it to the final four, and that memphis will not get past sweet 16, then I guess you dont know the meaning of the word absurd. Those are all very possible scenarios, and some very likely. Nothing absurd about those statements.

That is what I mean, you think its disrespecting your program and absurd because I dont think they will get past the sweet 16, and they dont deserve the #1 and #2 seed. (If memphis wins the rest of the way, I think they may deserve the #2 seed) That is my opinion which is worthless.

And there is no reason to defend memphis at the drop of a hat, because everything that i ever posted about memphis was either my opinion based on what I know of memphis, or based on memphis records over the past few years.

I have no problems with opinions. However, what you typed wasn't an opinion. It was an abusrd prediction. You said that we would be "maybe 3 seed at best" if we finished 32-2. Direct quote. That wasn't your opinion. You said that's what we would be. Not what you would seed us if you were making the decision or what you thought we deserved, but what would actually happen on Selection Sunday.

That statement was absurd when you made it because we were already projected as #1 seed at the time you made the statement. It wouldn't have been absurd if you had predicted that we would lose a game or two and drop to a 3 or 4 seed. But you didn't say that. You made the ABSURD statement that even if we won out and finished 32-2 (which by the way would put us on a 20 game winning streak) that we would be "maybe a 3 seed at best".

Here's another absurd comment that you made...

"Yeah I will make fun of going 32-2 and only getting a 3 seed at best. Count on it. They will not reward a cusa team with a #1 seed. . Look how well Louisville did last yaer and Marquette the year before, they did not get a #1 or 2 seed, and that was when cusa was a good league. Now cusa is absolutly horrible, and you think you'll get a 1 or 2 seed. Funny stuff man. Keep us updated on that."

It sounds more absurd today than when you first typed it. Do you still think a 32-2 Memphis team will be a 3 seed at best? It's one thing if you think we only deserve a 3 seed. I'm fine with that. However, if you think the Selection Committe wouldn't put a 32-2 Memphis team as a #1 seed then either you don't really know a lot about their process or you don't understand polls, RPI and strength of schedule.

There is absolutely no way whatsoever that a 32-2 Memphis team is anything but a #1 seed come Selection Sunday. We may very well lose between now and then and if we do we are likely to fall out of the #1 seed, but if we are 32-2 come Selection Sunday you can take it to the bank that we'll be a #1 seed. Guaranteed.
02-23-2006 05:01 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.