Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CBS pays approximately $5 Million per year for the Army-Navy game
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
CBS pays approximately $5 Million per year for the Army-Navy game
1. That makes our new contract seem even worse.

2. The current Army-Navy contract expires in 2018.

3. Will Navy's half be shared by the conference or do they get to keep their share (ala Boise State)?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/...in-sports/
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 03:57 PM by 3601.)
03-11-2013 03:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
RE: CBS pays approximately $5 Million per year for the Army-Navy game
Navy won't be joining IMO. Might as well forget about them.

If we demand #3 they'll probably refuse to return our calls altogether unless we agree upon a MWC type of TV revenue agreement. I honestly wish they would but I doubt it happens.
03-11-2013 03:56 PM
aTxTIGER Online
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
Good for them. People dont pay to see army or navy. they pay to see the event that is the army-navy game. If they can squeeze 5 mil out of that then great for them. Other than that, I dont have any interest in them as a sporting entity TBH.
03-11-2013 03:58 PM
BearcatJerry Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Demands for Navy to share with their future conference mates in 3... 2... 1...
03-11-2013 04:02 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

(03-11-2013 04:02 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Demands for Navy to share with their future conference mates in 3... 2... 1...

No demand...but if Aresco wasn't willing to let Boise cut their own deal then why let Navy do it? If you are going to let one do it then why not another.

Navy will probably never play in this conference.
03-11-2013 04:13 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
No, I'm sure we're all smart enough to realize that Navy should keep those funds. The army navy game is transcendent compared to all our other product. If we want navy, we need to let them keep those funds.

And I don't believe this is a Boise double standard... Boise considers all their product 'special', we all realize the army navy game is something different.

If Navy still wants in, I bet they are equal conference mates for everything else... I guess we'll soon see.
03-11-2013 04:14 PM
Advertisement

adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

I Root For: Louisville
This has been pointed out before. This is why many beleive they will never join. They also have a separate contract for their game vs. Notre Dame every other year. They make an estimated $6-8 million per year from TV already.
03-11-2013 04:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

(03-11-2013 04:14 PM)Bull Wrote:  No, I'm sure we're all smart enough to realize that Navy should keep those funds. The army navy game is transcendent compared to all our other product. If we want navy, we need to let them keep those funds.

And I don't believe this is a Boise double standard... Boise considers all their product 'special', we all realize the army navy game is something different.

If Navy still wants in, I bet they are equal conference mates for everything else... I guess we'll soon see.

You can make that argument many different ways. Maybe UConn feels the same way about their BB program.
03-11-2013 04:15 PM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

(03-11-2013 04:14 PM)Bull Wrote:  No, I'm sure we're all smart enough to realize that Navy should keep those funds. The army navy game is transcendent compared to all our other product. If we want navy, we need to let them keep those funds.

My only question is, if they do join, and the game thus has to be moved, does it lose value, since it is currently the only game on TV when it is played (the week after the conference championships).
03-11-2013 04:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Army-navy game will not be moved even if Navy joined.
03-11-2013 04:18 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA

No, it's really not different. It's all or nothing. Either EVERYBODY can cut those type of deals to keep their home revenues or nobody can. For that reason, I don't believe Navy will join. I would love to be able to keep our home game rights though.
03-11-2013 04:19 PM
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I'm almost sure tat as part of Navy coming in they were promised that the Army-Navy game would not be moved nor be part of the conference tv contract.
03-11-2013 04:21 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

(03-11-2013 04:21 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  I'm almost sure tat as part of Navy coming in they were promised that the Army-Navy game would not be moved nor be part of the conference tv contract.

I'm sure that is probably the case, but I don't think that has ever been officially announced or reported.

It still brings up the question...why won't you let Boise have a "special" deal if you Navy have a "special" deal? Boise would have brought more to the table from a quality of FB aspect.
03-11-2013 04:23 PM
72Tiger Offline
Up your nose with a rubber hose

I Root For: Larry
DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Re: CBS pays approximately $5 Million per year for the Army-Navy game
When Army was in CUSA, the game was separate from the league contract IIRC.
03-11-2013 04:26 PM
UHCougar Offline
Big East Special Forces

I Root For: Houston
(03-11-2013 03:54 PM)3601 Wrote:  1. That makes our new contract seem even worse.

2. The current Army-Navy contract expires in 2018.

3. Will Navy's half be shared by the conference or do they get to keep their share (ala Boise State)?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/...in-sports/

Did you really just post a link to a story more than 90 days old? 03-lmfao
03-11-2013 04:27 PM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

(03-11-2013 04:26 PM)72Tiger Wrote:  When Army was in CUSA, the game was separate from the league contract IIRC.

CUSA did not have a true conference deal like we see now. I think a lot of teams had separate deals. I know UofL was paid for all fo the weekday games they did as part of CUSA by ESPN directly.
03-11-2013 04:30 PM
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(03-11-2013 04:23 PM)3601 Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 04:21 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  I'm almost sure tat as part of Navy coming in they were promised that the Army-Navy game would not be moved nor be part of the conference tv contract.

I'm sure that is probably the case, but I don't think that has ever been officially announced or reported.

It still brings up the question...why won't you let Boise have a "special" deal if you Navy have a "special" deal? Boise would have brought more to the table from a quality of FBj aspect.

Because Boise wanted all their home games. Even the conference games as part of their deal.
03-11-2013 04:30 PM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

The other issue is Navy's are pre-exisitng deals, whereas Boise was trying to create new ones and tryign to show they are above the rest. Navy's just about not messing up what is already working.
03-11-2013 04:33 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:

This.
03-11-2013 04:35 PM
JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
(03-11-2013 04:02 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Demands for Navy to share with their future conference mates in 3... 2... 1...

I have no problem with them keeping every dime of that money.
03-11-2013 04:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.