Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Like BCS, CUSA, SBC, and MAC should cooperate on Bowls.
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Like BCS, CUSA, SBC, and MAC should cooperate on Bowls.
It would be nice to get all three conferences in one room and kick around some ideas about bowls, bowl sites, and rotations. Something similar to what the BCS bowls are doing, for example, B1G is working on two rotations, Music, CHarlotte, and Alamo with ACC, SEC, and B12 and a Holiday Bowl and San Francisco Bowl rotation with B12.

To have more fun, better attended bowls, and worthy opponets, CUSA, SBC, and MAC need to do the same as the BCS.

I would wipe the slate complete clean. Eliminate all bowls and just draw up fun sites, and then set up the matches. I would select Mobile, San Antonio, and El Paso as the three premier sites, as their fan support is tremendous. Maybe also New Orleans.

Then take the top two teams from each conference and set up the matches. This would, like BCS is working on, would insure many different bowls to travel to, top cities with good attendance, and a worthy opponent. Let's face it. With what BCS is doing to NonAQs, locking NonAQs out of the bowls against BCS opponent, the NonAqs should just pick a fun site with good attendance and have a fun trip.

BCS Conferences are taking over ownership of their bowls. CUSA, MAC, and SBC should do the same and not cater to ESPN song and dance, which they have since they own our bowls except Dallas Bowl.

By cooperating, MAC, SBC, and CUSA could have well attended fun games at fun sites just like this one. Don't pay attention to Louisiana beating ECU. Wait a few second s and look at that crowd!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REXLrSCLBEo
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 10:09 AM by Tallgrass.)
03-13-2013 09:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

billetingman1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
RE: Like BCS, CUSA, SBC, and MAC should cooperate on Bowls.
03-phew03-phew
(03-13-2013 09:49 AM)Tallgrass Wrote:  It would be nice to get all three conferences in one room and kick around some ideas about bowls, bowl sites, and rotations. Something similar to what the BCS bowls are doing, for example, B1G is working on two rotations, Music, CHarlotte, and Alamo with ACC, SEC, and B12 and a Holiday Bowl and San Francisco Bowl rotation with B12.

To have more fun, better attended bowls, and worthy opponets, CUSA, SBC, and MAC need to do the same as the BCS.

I would wipe the slate complete clean. Eliminate all bowls and just draw up fun sites, and then set up the matches. I would select Mobile, San Antonio, and El Paso as the three premier sites, as their fan support is tremendous. Maybe also New Orleans.

Then take the top two teams from each conference and set up the matches. This would, like BCS is working on, would insure many different bowls to travel to, top cities with good attendance, and a worthy opponent. Let's face it. With what BCS is doing to NonAQs, locking NonAQs out of the bowls against BCS opponent, the NonAqs should just pick a fun site with good attendance and have a fun trip.

03-phew 03-phew 03-phew 03-phew 03-phew 03-phew 03-phew Tick toc tick toc...
03-13-2013 10:05 AM
Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

I Root For: High Fashion
(03-13-2013 09:49 AM)Tallgrass Wrote:  It would be nice to get all three conferences in one room and kick around some ideas about bowls, bowl sites, and rotations. Something similar to what the BCS bowls are doing, for example, B1G is working on two rotations, Music, CHarlotte, and Alamo with ACC, SEC, and B12 and a Holiday Bowl and San Francisco Bowl rotation with B12.

By cooperating, MAC, SBC, and CUSA could have well attended fun games at fun sites just like this one. Don't pay attention to Louisiana beating ECU. Wait a few second s and look at that crowd!

Tallgrass I 100% agree and here is why...

CUSA and the SBC right now can't certify many games but the MAC will be able to certify 5-6 because it didn't lose any core members to realignment. CUSA and SBC though are located where the destinations are for the bowl games.

It makes sense for CUSA/SBC to leverage the MAC for better bowl opportunites. Conversely, the MAC due to geography is hemmed in to only a few bowl opportunities.

I would go with San Antonio, Mobile and Shreveport as the 3 games for the #1/#2 rotation. That would be a win-win for all 3 leagues.
03-13-2013 10:18 AM
CajunJuice Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ragin' Cajuns
(03-13-2013 10:18 AM)Louis Kitton Wrote:  

CUSA and the SBC right now can't certify many games but the MAC will be able to certify 5-6 because it didn't lose any core members to realignment. CUSA and SBC though are located where the destinations are for the bowl games.

It makes sense for CUSA/SBC to leverage the MAC for better bowl opportunites. Conversely, the MAC due to geography is hemmed in to only a few bowl opportunities.

I would go with San Antonio, Mobile and Shreveport as the 3 games for the #1/#2 rotation. That would be a win-win for all 3 leagues.

I think it's time that people forget the "New Orleans Bowl" stereotype of old.... Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns going there the last two years have turned that bowl into something that is really fun. And it doesn't have to be fun just for us, New Orleans is a premiere destination for one of the BCS Bowls in the Sugar Bowl!!! Why not make it one of our premier destinations?

Shreveport sucks royally.... there is nothing to do in that hell hole of a town. If you want to attract fans, you need to give them entertainment and more of a reason to attend the bowl than just supporting their team alone. New Orleans provides you with a big time NFL stadium, with big time feel and big time entertainment and things to do in New Orleans outside of the game.

Not sure if any of you have been to the Superdome since they added Champions Square adjacent to the dome, but it's pretty badass. There are many things to like about New Orleans. It needs to be the top destination, and I'm not just saying that because I'm located 2 hours west of it. It is the Vegas of the South. What happens in Nola, stays in Nola.
03-13-2013 10:52 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(03-13-2013 10:52 AM)CajunJuice Wrote:  

I think it's time that people forget the "New Orleans Bowl" stereotype of old.... Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns going there the last two years have turned that bowl into something that is really fun. And it doesn't have to be fun just for us, New Orleans is a premiere destination for one of the BCS Bowls in the Sugar Bowl!!! Why not make it one of our premier destinations?

Shreveport sucks royally.... there is nothing to do in that hell hole of a town. If you want to attract fans, you need to give them entertainment and more of a reason to attend the bowl than just supporting their team alone. New Orleans provides you with a big time NFL stadium, with big time feel and big time entertainment and things to do in New Orleans outside of the game.

Not sure if any of you have been to the Superdome since they added Champions Square adjacent to the dome, but it's pretty badass. There are many things to like about New Orleans. It needs to be the top destination, and I'm not just saying that because I'm located 2 hours west of it. It is the Vegas of the South. What happens in Nola, stays in Nola.

Good point. If your going to end up in a lower tier bowl--why not go to one in a fun place?
03-13-2013 10:57 AM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
Disagree -- those conferences need to create their own playoff and crown an NCAA champion in football.
03-13-2013 11:04 AM
Advertisement

CajunJuice Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ragin' Cajuns
(03-13-2013 10:57 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 10:52 AM)CajunJuice Wrote:  

Good point. If your going to end up in a lower tier bowl--why not go to one in a fun place?

Yep! 04-cheers
03-13-2013 11:05 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Easier to work within the existing framework.

Hell we aren't far from it. CUSA shorted New Orleans twice, Liberty snagged a team out of Birmingham in 2011.

Why not formalize the system? Get A12, CUSA, MWC, Sun Belt, and MAC together with say five bowls. Determine a selection order and agree the best available team from each league has to be selected (to allow for the school going to the CFP Bowl).

Let's say the bowls are:
Las Vegas
New Orleans
New game in St. Louis or Indianapolis
A game in Florida (probably Beef O'Brady or a new game)
Heart of Dallas.

First year selection in that order and then whomever went first goes to the bottom of the list the next year.
Selection pool is the four league champs plus the highest rated team from the league that lost a team to the CFP bowl. Those five must be selected by one of the five bowls.
Then you rate the teams remaining 1-55 (presuming 12 in A12, 14 CUSA, 13 MAC, 12 MWC, 10 Sun Belt that's 61, 1 goes CFP Bowl, 5 are in the auto selection pool, leaving 55) Any school rated 1-10 is available to be selected for one of the 5 at-large spots.

Let the bowl with the first pick choose the pairing they want out of those 15 schools to get a premier match-up. Then pick order 2-5 each select one, selecting in order, then go back to the #2 bowl to pick from the remaining teams.
03-13-2013 11:14 AM
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-13-2013 11:14 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Easier to work within the existing framework.

Hell we aren't far from it. CUSA shorted New Orleans twice, Liberty snagged a team out of Birmingham in 2011.

Why not formalize the system? Get A12, CUSA, MWC, Sun Belt, and MAC together with say five bowls. Determine a selection order and agree the best available team from each league has to be selected (to allow for the school going to the CFP Bowl).

Let's say the bowls are:
Las Vegas
New Orleans
New game in St. Louis or Indianapolis
A game in Florida (probably Beef O'Brady or a new game)
Heart of Dallas.

First year selection in that order and then whomever went first goes to the bottom of the list the next year.
Selection pool is the four league champs plus the highest rated team from the league that lost a team to the CFP bowl. Those five must be selected by one of the five bowls.
Then you rate the teams remaining 1-55 (presuming 12 in A12, 14 CUSA, 13 MAC, 12 MWC, 10 Sun Belt that's 61, 1 goes CFP Bowl, 5 are in the auto selection pool, leaving 55) Any school rated 1-10 is available to be selected for one of the 5 at-large spots.

Let the bowl with the first pick choose the pairing they want out of those 15 schools to get a premier match-up. Then pick order 2-5 each select one, selecting in order, then go back to the #2 bowl to pick from the remaining teams.

Neither MWC or Nbe/Arseco12 will work with SBC, MAC, and CUSA. MWC doesn't need to; Nbe/Aresco12 leadership and fans have still to comprehend what has happened--BCS is locking down the hatches tighter than ever. And, you are correct, CUSA was on a high horse in the past. They, too, need to come around. Looking at that 2012 New Orleans bowl youtube crowd, SBC, MAC, and CUSA can work cooperatively together and establish more fun bowls, fun sites, and good crowds.....and just have a great time doing so. Let's maximize what we have; rather than getting into trying to do something BCS will never will allow, never will let happen.
03-13-2013 11:24 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(03-13-2013 11:24 AM)Tallgrass Wrote:  Neither MWC or Nbe/Arseco12 will work with SBC, MAC, and CUSA. MWC doesn't need to; Nbe/Aresco12 leadership and fans have still to comprehend what has happened--BCS is locking down the hatches tighter than ever. And, you are correct, CUSA was on a high horse in the past. They, too, need to come around. Looking at that 2012 New Orleans bowl youtube crowd, SBC, MAC, and CUSA can work cooperatively together and establish more fun bowls, fun sites, and good crowds.....and just have a great time doing so. Let's maximize what we have; rather than getting into trying to do something BCS will never will allow, never will let happen.
FYI
The MWC will now be playing the #3 MAC team in a bowl game.
03-13-2013 12:01 PM
indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
You are making a mistake leaving the Little Ceasars Bowl in Detroit out of this. With the right match up that game has been one of the better attended bowls outside the BCS.....look it up. Look past the stereotype of the city, it has the 4 casino hotels, Greektown etc that makes the game worth while with lots of MAC schools within driving distance
03-13-2013 12:07 PM
Advertisement

Blue Hell Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Boise State
(03-13-2013 12:01 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 11:24 AM)Tallgrass Wrote:  Neither MWC or Nbe/Arseco12 will work with SBC, MAC, and CUSA. MWC doesn't need to; Nbe/Aresco12 leadership and fans have still to comprehend what has happened--BCS is locking down the hatches tighter than ever. And, you are correct, CUSA was on a high horse in the past. They, too, need to come around. Looking at that 2012 New Orleans bowl youtube crowd, SBC, MAC, and CUSA can work cooperatively together and establish more fun bowls, fun sites, and good crowds.....and just have a great time doing so. Let's maximize what we have; rather than getting into trying to do something BCS will never will allow, never will let happen.
FYI

I would not be bragging that your #3 team will be playing the #6 team out of the MWC
03-13-2013 12:23 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(03-13-2013 10:52 AM)CajunJuice Wrote:  I think it's time that people forget the "New Orleans Bowl" stereotype of old....

Juice, i think that you forget that most C-USA fans don't have an issue with the New Orleans Bowl in itself... I don't think there's been any complaints with the NO Bowl.

It's when we have opportunities for bigger money bowls and we're "relegated" to a bowl that doesnt' give us as much money is when there's a problem.

Liberty bowl vs. NO bowl, Heart of Dallas vs. Hawaii, etc.
03-13-2013 12:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-13-2013 12:07 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  You are making a mistake leaving the Little Ceasars Bowl in Detroit out of this. With the right match up that game has been one of the better attended bowls outside the BCS.....look it up. Look past the stereotype of the city, it has the 4 casino hotels, Greektown etc that makes the game worth while with lots of MAC schools within driving distance

My bad. This is what this board is all about....exchanging ideas and, in this case, correcting errors and improving and/or adding to ideas.
03-13-2013 12:44 PM
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-13-2013 12:24 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 10:52 AM)CajunJuice Wrote:  I think it's time that people forget the "New Orleans Bowl" stereotype of old....

Juice, i think that you forget that most C-USA fans don't have an issue with the New Orleans Bowl in itself... I don't think there's been any complaints with the NO Bowl.

It's when we have opportunities for bigger money bowls and we're "relegated" to a bowl that doesnt' give us as much money is when there's a problem.

Liberty bowl vs. NO bowl, Heart of Dallas vs. Hawaii, etc.

If SBC, MAC, and CUSA bowls ownership could be taken over by their respective conferences....then we could move them after Xmas. I am guessing New Orleans Bowl (and the other NonAQ PreXmas bowls) would be more enjoyable and better attended if they were moved after Xmas....and ahead of the Sugar Bowl so hotel room availability doesn't become an issue.
03-13-2013 12:47 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-13-2013 12:23 PM)Blue Hell Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 12:01 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
FYI

I would not be bragging that your #3 team will be playing the #6 team out of the MWC

Ya its #6 but really take away Hawaii every year they are eligible for the HI Bowl and if the MWC loses the Armed Forces Bowl in FW TX to the A-12 because of Houston/SMU/Navy then the MAC is really looking at playing the #4 MWC team -HI. Considering the top 5 last year were Boise St, Utah ST, San Jose St, SD St & Fresno St the MAC is really getting an improvement in the perception of competition rather than the #2-#3 WAC teams in the past.

Just like if the A-12 puts their #5 team in Detroit or DC. It will help the MAC as far as the perception goes.
03-13-2013 01:04 PM
Advertisement

mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU
CUSA will not work with the SBC, nor are they likely to work with the MAC
03-13-2013 02:48 PM
johnbragg Online
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
I have a wild-assed suggestion I've thrown out there before. Why not a bowl double-header? Say an SBC team, a CUSA team, a MAC team and an Aresco League team playing a double-header in New Orleans or Memphis on Dec 17 or whenever? The stadium would actually sell out with four fanbases piling in. You'd probably get a Saturday on ESPN or ESPN-2 for the games.
03-13-2013 03:52 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-13-2013 03:52 PM)johnbragg Wrote:  I have a wild-assed suggestion I've thrown out there before. Why not a bowl double-header? Say an SBC team, a CUSA team, a MAC team and an Aresco League team playing a double-header in New Orleans or Memphis on Dec 17 or whenever? The stadium would actually sell out with four fanbases piling in. You'd probably get a Saturday on ESPN or ESPN-2 for the games.

Sounds good to me.
03-13-2013 03:58 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

I Root For: Southern Miss
(03-13-2013 11:04 AM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  Disagree -- those conferences need to create their own playoff and crown an NCAA champion in football.

Yeah... then you'll have a .300 record against a lower-division team instead of another FBS one. But hey, 50,000 shills who got free tickets at Taco Bell can't be wrong...
03-13-2013 04:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.