BREAKING NEWS
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
BREAKING NEWS
PITT BOYCOTTS TOURNEY

NZM - Pittsburgh
March 12, 2013

It has been confirmed that the University of Pittsburgh Panther’s shocking upset at the hands of Wichita State University in the first round of the NCAA’s “March Madness Tournament” was intentional. According to my unnamed source familiar with the University of Pittsburgh's athletic department, the game was thrown in an effort to protest the BIG EAST’s refusal to share Pitt’s previously accrued NCAA tournament credits with the university. When asked to elaborate on the situation, the source simply replied “suck on that, UCONN!”

As always, stay tuned for any and all breaking news as the situation develops.

By nzmorange
03-21-2013 10:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AirRaid Offline
1st String

I Root For: H-TownTakeover
RE: BREAKING NEWS
LOLOL....Pitt sucks...mediocre at everything.
03-21-2013 10:34 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

SYRACUSE DOESN'T TALK TO POLICE

NZM - Syracuse
March 12, 2013

The NCAA has launched an investigation in Syracuse University's athletic department. The investigation will be general and broad-reaching. However, it focus on the basketball program and some elements of the football program. When asked to comment on the situation, an unnamed source affiliated with the university responded by saying "[s]ee 'G-Code' by 'Scarface.' I don't have anything else to say."

By nzmorange

EDIT:
G-Code by Scarface:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQUJjMloat0
03-21-2013 10:34 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(03-21-2013 10:34 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  SYRACUSE DOESN'T TALK TO POLICE

NZM - Syracuse
March 12, 2013

The NCAA has launched an investigation in Syracuse University's athletic department. The investigation will be general and broad-reaching. However, it focus on the basketball program and some elements of the football program. When asked to comment on the situation, an unnamed source affiliated with the university responded by saying "[s]ee 'G-Code' by 'Scarface.' I don't have anything else to say."

By nzmorange

EDIT:
G-Code by Scarface:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQUJjMloat0

"General and broad reaching"? Are we talking about the NCAA or Airport Security?
03-21-2013 10:40 PM
MKPitt Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Pitt
(03-21-2013 10:34 PM)AirRaid Wrote:  LOLOL....Pitt sucks...mediocre at everything.

I can guarantee most schools would hope to suck at basketball as much as Pitt. 11 tournament appearances and 5 sweet sixteens in the last 12 years is not mediocre.
03-21-2013 11:12 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

(03-21-2013 10:40 PM)JRsec Wrote:  "General and broad reaching"? Are we talking about the NCAA or Airport Security?

Who do you think the NCAA uses to conduct their investigations?

Think "full body cavity search."
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 11:41 PM by nzmorange.)
03-21-2013 11:35 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(03-21-2013 11:35 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(03-21-2013 10:40 PM)JRsec Wrote:  "General and broad reaching"? Are we talking about the NCAA or Airport Security?

Who do you think the NCAA uses to conduct their investigation?

Think "full body cavity search"

Well congratulations! Syracuse must be hot! They never do that to the large women and old men.
03-21-2013 11:39 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

(03-21-2013 11:39 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

Well congratulations! Syracuse must be hot! They never do that to the large women and old men.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2UP86bciVA
03-21-2013 11:43 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(03-21-2013 11:43 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(03-21-2013 11:39 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2UP86bciVA

I'm sorry. Did he say "Blessed are the Cheese makers?"
03-21-2013 11:50 PM
Hokie Mark Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(03-21-2013 10:34 PM)AirRaid Wrote:  LOLOL....Pitt sucks...mediocre at everything.

Nah, they're just trying to prove to everyone that Pitt is a football school and not a basketball school...
03-22-2013 06:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lofi Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU
(03-22-2013 06:40 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

Nah, they're just trying to prove to everyone that Pitt is a football school and not a basketball school...

Yep, playing in Birmingham for the big bowl game every year really screams big time football.
03-22-2013 06:53 AM
Advertisement

DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
(03-21-2013 11:12 PM)MKPitt Wrote:  

I can guarantee most schools would hope to suck at basketball as much as Pitt. 11 tournament appearances and 5 sweet sixteens in the last 12 years is not mediocre.

Someone's a bit butthurt 05-sosad
03-22-2013 07:22 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
I thought the OP was pretty amusing. Although I doubt that Pitt fans are feeling amused by another NCAA tourney upset. But considering that Jamie Dixon's teams usually do much better in the regular season than they do in the tournament, it shouldn't have been a big surprise...

I'd be willing to bet that many Pitt fans are hoping Dixon takes the Oregon job, allowing them to get somebody in charge that can actually win on the big stage...
03-22-2013 10:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
I'm a Pitt fan. I've been a season ticket holder since 1982. Truthfully, I was not remotely surprised by yesterday's game. I was obviously disappointed but I was not at all surprised.

We are simply not athletic enough to compete in the national tournament. We're able to masquerade that lack of natural talent in conference play because we have arguably the best Xs and Os coach in the league and he's always able to come up with a solid plan of attack. However, against teams that we are less familiar with, that lack of athleticism and/or offensive talent really comes to the fore.

Pitt has been the winningest program in the Big East over the past decade and Dixon departs as the league's all time winningest coach by win percentage. That is not remotely mediocre - especially in what has CLEARLY been the nation's best basketball league - by a mile - during that time.

The problem is that - even in the Big East - eventually it comes down to making shots - or at least creating them - and we never have enough of those and very often (like this year) we don't have any of those. In yesterday's game we had one more field goal than turnover. And that's not counting all of the air balls that are de facto turnovers even if they aren't recorded as such.

For all of Pitt's success under Dixon and Howland they have signed one McDonald's All Ameirican who stayed for at least one full season - Dante Taylor, the sixth man on this year's team. The rest have mostly been under-recruited guys that no other Big East or ACC programs even wanted.

Pitt has produced exactly three NBA draft choices over the past decade: Aaron Gray, DeJuan Blair and Sam Young - all second rounders. It's pretty amazing to think that teams full of guys like Gary McGhee, Ontario Lett, Jaron Brown and Julius Page - all excellent players for Pitt - have so consistently beaten teams like UConn and Syracuse despite the fact that those teams have annually been chalk full of NBA lottery picks.

That's been awesome but it's time to take that next step. I don't want to cheat like UConn and Syracuse were evidently doing, but we do need to recruit better players or our futility in the Big Dance will undoubtedly continue.
03-22-2013 11:54 AM
darkdragon99 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: geography
Pitt belongs in the Big Ten not the ACC. Cant figure out why the ACC wanted Pitt so bad. Nothing says Atlantic Coast like Pittsburgh, PA.
03-22-2013 12:12 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

(03-22-2013 11:54 AM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  I'm a Pitt fan. I've been a season ticket holder since 1982. Truthfully, I was not remotely surprised by yesterday's game. I was obviously disappointed but I was not at all surprised.

We are simply not athletic enough to compete in the national tournament. We're able to masquerade that lack of natural talent in conference play because we have arguably the best Xs and Os coach in the league and he's always able to come up with a solid plan of attack. However, against teams that we are less familiar with, that lack of athleticism and/or offensive talent really comes to the fore.

Pitt has been the winningest program in the Big East over the past decade and Dixon departs as the league's all time winningest coach by win percentage. That is not remotely mediocre - especially in what has CLEARLY been the nation's best basketball league - by a mile - during that time.

The problem is that - even in the Big East - eventually it comes down to making shots - or at least creating them - and we never have enough of those and very often (like this year) we don't have any of those. In yesterday's game we had one more field goal than turnover. And that's not counting all of the air balls that are de facto turnovers even if they aren't recorded as such.

For all of Pitt's success under Dixon and Howland they have signed one McDonald's All Ameirican who stayed for at least one full season - Dante Taylor, the sixth man on this year's team. The rest have mostly been under-recruited guys that no other Big East or ACC programs even wanted.

Pitt has produced exactly three NBA draft choices over the past decade: Aaron Gray, DeJuan Blair and Sam Young - all second rounders. It's pretty amazing to think that teams full of guys like Gary McGhee, Ontario Lett, Jaron Brown and Julius Page - all excellent players for Pitt - have so consistently beaten teams like UConn and Syracuse despite the fact that those teams have annually been chalk full of NBA lottery picks.

That's been awesome but it's time to take that next step. I don't want to cheat like UConn and Syracuse were evidently doing, but we do need to recruit better players or our futility in the Big Dance will undoubtedly continue.

*allegedly possibly cheating. Nothing has been proven and I don't think that there are even charges yet. I think that they are just investigating at the moment. I have no idea if we cheated or not, but given that we've been accused of everything under the sun over the last year and a half and nothing has stuck, I think jumping to conclusions is a bad idea.
03-22-2013 12:40 PM
Advertisement

Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
(03-22-2013 12:12 PM)darkdragon99 Wrote:  Nothing says Atlantic Coast like Pittsburgh, PA.

Of the 15 schools in the new ACC lineup (including Notre Dame and Louisville), 7 of them are farther west than Pitt, and 7 are farther east.
03-22-2013 12:47 PM
Hokie Mark Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(03-22-2013 12:47 PM)Wedge Wrote:  
(03-22-2013 12:12 PM)darkdragon99 Wrote:  Nothing says Atlantic Coast like Pittsburgh, PA.

Of the 15 schools in the new ACC lineup (including Notre Dame and Louisville), 7 of them are farther west than Pitt, and 7 are farther east.

Does that make Pitt the most "middle of the road" team in the new ACC?
03-22-2013 01:06 PM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
(03-22-2013 12:40 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(03-22-2013 11:54 AM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  I'm a Pitt fan. I've been a season ticket holder since 1982. Truthfully, I was not remotely surprised by yesterday's game. I was obviously disappointed but I was not at all surprised.

*allegedly possibly cheating. Nothing has been proven and I don't think that there are even charges yet. I think that they are just investigating at the moment. I have no idea if we cheated or not, but given that we've been accused of everything under the sun over the last year and a half and nothing has stuck, I think jumping to conclusions is a bad idea.

You're right, I said that Syracuse was "evidently" cheating when I should have said that you are "allegedly" cheating (by breaking basically every rule in existence according to at least one source).

To-MAY-to/To- MAH-to.

BTW, who the hell pronounces that word, "to-MAH-to"? I've never heard that in my life - just like I've never met a dog named Rover. Weird.

My point remains, if we're going to compete in the Big Dance we need to find a way to get the occasional player to come to Pitt that all too often has gone to other Big East and/or ACC schools. Otherwise, we'll have to be content to be the team that wins the regular season title every few years and that often makes the finals of the conference tournament but then watches from the sidelines as all of these future NBA players battle it out for national supremacy on the game's biggest stage.

Pitt doesn't underachieve in March, it overachieves during the rest of the season. And you know what, nobody cares.
03-22-2013 01:44 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(03-22-2013 01:44 PM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  
(03-22-2013 12:40 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  

You're right, I said that Syracuse was "evidently" cheating when I should have said that you are "allegedly" cheating (by breaking basically every rule in existence according to at least one source).

To-MAY-to/To- MAH-to.

BTW, who the hell pronounces that word, "to-MAH-to"? I've never heard that in my life - just like I've never met a dog named Rover. Weird.

My point remains, if we're going to compete in the Big Dance we need to find a way to get the occasional player to come to Pitt that all too often has gone to other Big East and/or ACC schools. Otherwise, we'll have to be content to be the team that wins the regular season title every few years and that often makes the finals of the conference tournament but then watches from the sidelines as all of these future NBA players battle it out for national supremacy on the game's biggest stage.

Pitt doesn't underachieve in March, it overachieves during the rest of the season. And you know what, nobody cares.

The Brits say to-mah-to and the Aussie's have Rovers. Now you can worry about more important things like why people focus on someone else's problems (Syracuse) instead of continuing to do a great analysis of their own (like you did about Pitt in an earlier post).
03-22-2013 01:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.