Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congrats to app state fans... Really!
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
Congrats to app state fans... Really!
I know I've butted heads with some of them because I did not want the MAC to pick up the school but there is no doubt the belonged at the FBS level. And they are in a conference that fits them well culturally and geographically.

Really happy that they are getting their shot!
03-26-2013 10:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

I Root For: High Fashion
RE: Congrats to app state fans... Really!
04-cheers04-cheers
03-26-2013 10:13 AM
exCincy Kid Offline
All American

I Root For:
It's a great pick-up for the Belt.....porbably even an improvement over some of the schools leaving for C-USA.
03-26-2013 11:03 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Yep, seems like a win for both App State and Sunbelt.
03-26-2013 11:09 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(03-26-2013 11:03 AM)exCincy Kid Wrote:  It's a great pick-up for the Belt.....porbably even an improvement over some of the schools leaving for C-USA.

Oh it's easily an improvement over FAU... Very smart move by the Belt to not chase Markets and instead look for a school which is institutionally similar, with similar goals, culture, and that has a good AD..
03-26-2013 11:20 AM
Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
App St football is a good add and congrats to the Sun Belt.

But, you do know FAU won bowl games in their 3rd and 4th years of playing FBS football right? I mean if you are a Buffalo fan, you have no right to talk. A couple of down years for FAU because of letting a legendary coach hang around too long to see the stadium he built. But people acting like FAU was always down are hilarious to say the least.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013 12:31 PM by Ragu.)
03-26-2013 11:49 AM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(03-26-2013 11:49 AM)Ragu Wrote:  App St football is a good add and congrats to the Sun Belt.

But, you do know FAU won bowl games in their 3rd and 4th years of playing FBS football right? I mean if you are a Buffalo fan, you have no right to talk. A couple of down years for FAU because of letting a legendary coach hang around too long to see the stadium he built. But people acting like FAU was always down are hilarious to say the least.

Nobody said they were terrible... What was said is that App State is a better program.
03-26-2013 12:57 PM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
(03-26-2013 12:57 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(03-26-2013 11:49 AM)Ragu Wrote:  App St football is a good add and congrats to the Sun Belt.

Nobody said they were terrible... What was said is that App State is a better program.

To be honest I would take Georgia Southern of a lot of teams if they had an equal amount of players.
03-26-2013 01:07 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts

Not everything is an insult. Not everything warrants "defending your school"

App and GaSo bring an amazing resume for football, they have great attendance. You know full well or should know that no schools ever entered FBS with an FCS resume as good as what App and GaSo are bringing. Marshall is the only two time champion to ever move up. App brings three and GaSo brings six. It is unprecedented.

FAU was a good member. I thought FIU was flat stupid for going CUSA without FAU and I thought CUSA was stupid for adding FIU without FAU because of the travel headache.

But FAU neither entered with their resume nor leaves with the sort of attendance those two bring. That's not a slam on FAU, it doesn't cast FAU in any sort of negative light.
03-26-2013 02:43 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
Bull I believe it was you that said App would not be FBS this time last year, with hindsight you sound much smarter.
03-26-2013 08:21 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Congrats to App and Ga Southern. I look forward to you guys joining the league.
03-26-2013 08:59 PM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(03-26-2013 08:21 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Bull I believe it was you that said App would not be FBS this time last year, with hindsight you sound much smarter.

Did I say never FBS or never MAC? I could swear I was talking about the MAC.

I think what I said was

"Actually I really think they are just too far out of our (MAC) footprint unless the MAC goes nuts and adds JMU, Delaware & Appy St...which I don't see happening...unless the world IS ending."

and

"nobody can give a compelling institutional or strategic reason that the MAC would want Appy. They would blow up the MAC footprint instead of smartly growing it and for little gain. "

So I see it's been 12 months and you did not buy those bunch proof panties I suggested. Hell I even said If JMU and Delaware both were in then Appy might be tenable but all you could focus on was the fact I did not think the MAC should be looking at regional schools.

I never said anything horrible about appy. I pointed out the geography and the institutional profile of appy did not fit the MAC. The last MAC schools added were all National Universities sitting the east cost and were relatively adjacent to the MAC's current footprint.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 03:25 AM by Bull_In_Exile.)
03-27-2013 03:18 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

Let's not pretend you were kind to App last year and leave it at that.

Everyone is wrong sometime.

Have a great day, I will.
03-27-2013 07:25 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
It is a good add for both sides. Give Appy a place to keep moving forward, and some stability to Sunbelt.
03-27-2013 07:44 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(03-27-2013 07:25 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Let's not pretend you were kind to App last year and leave it at that.

Everyone is wrong sometime.

Have a great day, I will.

Find where I was not kind last year, hint those are direct quotes from our discussion. I would have thought you admitting you were wrong was impossible, but I'm glad you can accept you were wrong when you stated I said Appy would never be FBS. Yo
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 08:17 AM by Bull_In_Exile.)
03-27-2013 08:16 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

Oh Bull you loved rubbing it in my face that App was snubbed last year.

Time to eat your crow.

Thanks for the congrats, really.
03-27-2013 09:05 AM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(03-27-2013 09:05 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Oh Bull you loved rubbing it in my face that App was snubbed last year.

Time to eat your crow.

Thanks for the congrats, really.

What crow?

Do you mean I liked seeing *you personally* slighted after you insulted UB over and over again... Yea that tickled me a bit but I never said one bad thing about Appy.

I have said several times they would be a good fit in the Belt, the fact you were being a douche does not mean you get to reinvent history..
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 09:46 AM by Bull_In_Exile.)
03-27-2013 09:45 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(03-26-2013 02:43 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  

Not everything is an insult. Not everything warrants "defending your school"

App and GaSo bring an amazing resume for football, they have great attendance. You know full well or should know that no schools ever entered FBS with an FCS resume as good as what App and GaSo are bringing. Marshall is the only two time champion to ever move up. App brings three and GaSo brings six. It is unprecedented.

FAU was a good member. I thought FIU was flat stupid for going CUSA without FAU and I thought CUSA was stupid for adding FIU without FAU because of the travel headache.

But FAU neither entered with their resume nor leaves with the sort of attendance those two bring. That's not a slam on FAU, it doesn't cast FAU in any sort of negative light.

Of course we all know what has happened to Marshall. I think Montana made the right decision to stay in FCS. I think App. St. is making a mistake. In 10 years, they will just be one of a group of 20 or schools near the bottom of FBS instead of perhaps the premier school in FCS. They are the 6th school (soon to be 7) in a state with limited football talent. Its going to be hard to sustain the fan interest when 8-4 is a good year. And it will be hard to achieve consistent success.

Just because they are better than many programs in FBS, doesn't mean they should go there also.
03-27-2013 10:17 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

If posting your athletic records is taken as an insult you got me there.
03-27-2013 11:52 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(03-27-2013 11:52 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  If posting your athletic records is taken as an insult you got me there.

I know you're a bit wanting upstairs so Ill refresh your memory... You talked about how UB was *academically* wanting compared to most fbs schools..

In any event Im happy for the app state fans, even thought they have to suffer a d-bag like you..
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 12:43 PM by Bull_In_Exile.)
03-27-2013 12:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.