Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The only losers in realignment are
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
The only losers in realignment are
the WAC, the Big East and CUSA, in that order, and that is a fact, everything else is not.

MWC, and MAC are still pretty solid and the SBC has always been the place for up and coming FCS programs to make the move to up to FBS(and no one can argue that getting App State and Ga Southern more than compensates for WKU and MTSU, and the F_U's and UNT are bottom feeders in any conference, and Ark State, Troy, and UL are solid programs ).
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 07:54 PM by Seminole Indian.)
04-21-2013 07:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Texas2Step Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The American
RE: The only losers in realignment are
Conference-wise, yes you are correct. Individual program-wise, the only losers are the CUSA-left behinds and the Big East-left behinds. Everybody else made out either better or on par with their former situation.
04-21-2013 07:57 PM
bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Biggest winners: utah, tcu and rutgers
Biggest losers: uconn, cincy and usf
04-21-2013 08:23 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(04-21-2013 08:23 PM)bluesox Wrote:  Biggest winners: utah, tcu and rutgers

Plus USM.
04-21-2013 08:34 PM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
Winners: Anyone who got invited to the Big Ten, SEC, or PAC 12
Losers: CUSA left behinds, Big East left behinds
04-21-2013 10:42 PM
jdgaucho Offline
All American

I Root For: UCSB
(04-21-2013 10:42 PM)Gamecock Wrote:  Winners: Anyone who got invited to the Big Ten, SEC, or PAC 12
Losers: CUSA left behinds, Big East left behinds

WCC deserves honorable mention as a winner. Lands Pacific and BYU, loses nobody.
04-21-2013 11:09 PM
Advertisement

Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
Butler is also a big winner. They could have been the next San Francisco Dons or Indiana State Sycamores. But they've turned their run into a spot in a top conference, and now they have a chance to keep the best coach in the country for his whole career.
04-22-2013 09:21 AM
eagleriffic Offline
King of the Wicker People!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(04-21-2013 08:34 PM)goodknightfl Wrote:  
(04-21-2013 08:23 PM)bluesox Wrote:  Biggest winners: utah, tcu and rutgers

Plus USM.

Thanks for adding us in. All we can do is play who is in front of us & win. Shake off a horrific 2012 & win.
04-22-2013 09:43 AM
rbostic287 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GA Southern
(04-21-2013 07:52 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  the WAC, the Big East and CUSA, in that order, and that is a fact, everything else is not.

MWC, and MAC are still pretty solid and the SBC has always been the place for up and coming FCS programs to make the move to up to FBS(and no one can argue that getting App State and Ga Southern more than compensates for WKU and MTSU, and the F_U's and UNT are bottom feeders in any conference, and Ark State, Troy, and UL are solid programs ).

I totally agree. The SBC will be fine and stronger in the next 2 to 3 years. Maybe someone needs to convince the current SBC members of this. A lot of them seem to think that adding GaSo and App St did nothing for the conference. Good to see that people on the outside see this differently. Another thing, can someone explain to me why most members in the SBC want to add MoSt to the conference. I just don't get it.
04-22-2013 09:46 AM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
The more the SBC can stay stable, the better they'll wind up for the future. The MAC has "won" by doing nothing and not being affected besides the Temple/UMass situation, but overall the key is that we haven't lost. Comparatively, we're making gains on the other non-AQ schools, which is fine enough by me.
04-22-2013 10:02 AM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
The SEC-Texas A&M union looks like a really big winner to me. The SEC gets a strong Texas presence to boost its TV deal with ESPN, and TAMU outflanks the Longhorns by putting itself in position to become the dominant football program in Texas.
04-22-2013 10:05 AM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Anyone going to the ACC has to be a big winner too: Cuse/Pitt/UL is tripling their TV $$$ ACC falling apart is overblown.

Notre Dame is a huge winner too: they get their cake and can eat it too.
04-22-2013 10:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
I wouldn't call the big east a loser in this. The founding members got back control if their conference and are still a top 4 conference in their premier sport as well as stability and quality schools lining up to join. They also got on the next big sports network who already has the PAC and big XII and will most certainly be adding at least some b1g content if not most of it. They made out pretty well. Even the bigger names of the old guard will still get to play the other old members in OOC play.
04-22-2013 10:40 AM
Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
(04-21-2013 07:52 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  the WAC, the Big East and CUSA, in that order, and that is a fact, everything else is not.

I'd go the opposite direction.

The only 3 conferences that are unambiguously stronger today than they were 3 years ago are the Big Ten, SEC and Pac-12.

Everyone else, even if they might have held serve financially or on-the-field with replacements (such as the Big 12 and ACC), has lost schools that they would have never wanted to lose.
04-22-2013 11:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
Winners:

1) Notre Dame -- as mentioned above, they get an upgraded bakery, get a newly made cake and still get to eat it.

2) ACC -- yes, Notre Dame gets to eat its own cake, but they're willing to share 5 of the slices per season, something the old Big East could never achieve.

3) MAC -- no losses.

4) Missouri -- made out like a bandit with that SEC invite

5) Louisville, starting in 2014.

6) Rutgers -- won the friggin' conference realignment lottery jackpot with the B1G invite.

7) Boise State and the MWC -- that's how I shall refer to this group of (now) stable schools

8) The New Big East -- streamlined its roster with a renewed focus on hoops and a new TV partner.

Losers:

1) UConn -- they belong with the new Big East

2) ACC -- depending on one's expectations, not getting ND to commit to full-time football could be considered a "loss" (although I don't feel that way) -- I'm sure stever will be along shortly to put me in my place and all...

3) Any of the following: AAC, SBC, C-USA -- if the expectations were that of playing "big time" college football, then this is a loss.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 11:07 AM by ecuacc4ever.)
04-22-2013 11:06 AM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
(04-22-2013 11:06 AM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  Winners:

1) Notre Dame -- as mentioned above, they get an upgraded bakery, get a newly made cake and still get to eat it.

2) ACC -- yes, Notre Dame gets to eat its own cake, but they're willing to share 5 of the slices per season, something the old Big East could never achieve.

3) MAC -- no losses.

6) Rutgers -- won the friggin' conference realignment lottery jackpot with the B1G invite.

7) Boise State and the MWC -- that's how I shall refer to this group of (now) stable schools

8) The New Big East -- streamlined its roster with a renewed focus on hoops and a new TV partner.

Losers:

2) ACC -- depending on one's expectations, not getting ND to commit to full-time football could be considered a "loss" (although I don't feel that way) -- I'm sure stever will be along shortly to put me in my place and all...

3) Any of the following: AAC, SBC, C-USA -- if the expectations were that of playing "big time" college football, then this is a loss.

Utah to one of the power three is a big winner and TCU getting the long horn ban lifted is huge.

The MWC even though they absorbed the WAC still lost Utah, BYU and TCU which were their three best programs. Id say that's a loss.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 11:40 AM by NJRedMan.)
04-22-2013 11:38 AM
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(04-22-2013 11:06 AM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  Winners:

3) MAC -- no losses.

Losers:

The ACC is not a winner in this. They lost one of their founding members, which was a cornerstone. And 2 more members are openly flirting with the B12.

Moreover, the MWC is not a winner in this either. They lost Utah, TCU and BYU. Those 3 programs were the MWC. Boise State just got there from the WAC.
04-22-2013 11:46 AM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

Methinks an ACC in which all 15 members have reportedly agreed to sign a GOR says the ACC is a winner. We will miss Maryland in much the same way the SEC misses GT.

And... Louisville is an upgrade.
04-22-2013 12:23 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(04-22-2013 12:23 PM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  Methinks an ACC in which all 15 members have reportedly agreed to sign a GOR says the ACC is a winner. We will miss Maryland in much the same way the SEC misses GT.

And... Louisville is an upgrade.

Maryland is the flagship university in one of the richest state in the nation. The campus is right outside of the nation's capital. I don't see the upgrade, but alright.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 12:33 PM by PirateMarv.)
04-22-2013 12:33 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

Just a matter of perception, is all -- I'm comfortable agreeing to disagree with you, sir.
04-22-2013 12:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.