Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

University of Louisville Prez Ramsey on the GoR vote...
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
University of Louisville Prez Ramsey on the GoR vote...
He just stated on local 680am Radio the ESPN station that the ACC actually vote on the Grant of Right this past Friday 19 April 2013 and as we now know all 15 Members agreed to it.

Also stated going forward it is looking @ it own network and will continue to look @ additional opportunities...not sure if that is further expansion or something with media.
04-23-2013 07:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: University of Louisville Prez Ramsey on the GoR vote...
Maize I would say both...but realistically the ACC won't won't move past the current members until Notre Dame changes their status.
04-23-2013 07:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-23-2013 07:40 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  Maize I would say both...but realistically the ACC won't won't move past the current members until Notre Dame changes their status.

I agree with the both....and if we are wait'n on ND we are going to be wait'n for a while. But with the scheduling agreement I have no issue with ND keep'n their current status.

Another thing, the ACC is very good @ keeping a secret. This vote was done last Friday morning yet it didn't come to light to the general public until yesterday afternoon.
04-23-2013 07:46 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(04-23-2013 07:46 AM)Maize Wrote:  
(04-23-2013 07:40 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  Maize I would say both...but realistically the ACC won't won't move past the current members until Notre Dame changes their status.

I agree with the both....and if we are wait'n on ND we are going to be wait'n for a while. But with the scheduling agreement I have no issue with ND keep'n their current status.

Another thing, the ACC is very good @ keeping a secret. This vote was done last Friday morning yet it didn't come to light to the general public until yesterday afternoon.

Kinda funny huh? Every move by the ACC was done with a high amount of OPSEC. It just goes to show you the frauds that the vast majority of the expansionista bloggers are...a bunch of guys just cycling around each others rumors.

How many "Done Deals" have they proclaimed?
04-23-2013 07:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-23-2013 07:51 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  

Kinda funny huh? Every move by the ACC was done with a high amount of OPSEC. It just goes to show you the frauds that the vast majority of the expansionista bloggers are...a bunch of guys just cycling around each others rumors.

The "Dude of West Virginia" 5 stages of grief yesterday was classic....in the end WVU did what it had 2 do in regards of leaving the sinking ship of the Former BIG EAST.
04-23-2013 08:11 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

To be fair, MHver3 was saying last week that there would be no Big12 expansion into the ACC. On the thier hand, he claimed it was because Texas blocked it when it appears the reason was different.
04-23-2013 08:30 AM
Advertisement

CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State

It's quite comical. Tuxedo Yoda made his blog private last night. I guess he put all his cred (what little he had) in the basket of Miami to the XII and UNC to the SEC as done deals with no last minute circumstances that could change them. With yesterday's revelation, it was quite clear that he was dead wrong.

The Dude was going to post an expansion update, but obviously circumstances changed.
04-23-2013 08:33 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(04-23-2013 08:30 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

To be fair, MHver3 was saying last week that there would be no Big12 expansion into the ACC. On the thier hand, he claimed it was because Texas blocked it when it appears the reason was different.

Many ACC folks were saying that no Acc team would leave the Acc as is, to go to the Big 12. And we dont even claim to have any insider info.
04-23-2013 09:17 AM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
Yep -- I was (and still am) willing to put up sig space for multiple months to bet on the fact no school was leaving the ACC for the XII (namely FSU, Clemson or GT).
04-23-2013 09:26 AM
Rich52c Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Uconn
(04-23-2013 09:26 AM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  Yep -- I was (and still am) willing to put up sig space for multiple months to bet on the fact no school was leaving the ACC for the XII (namely FSU, Clemson or GT).

But schools like,UVA GaTech and UNC would leave the ACC to get twice the tv money in the B10.
04-23-2013 09:59 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(04-23-2013 09:59 AM)Rich52c Wrote:  
(04-23-2013 09:26 AM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  Yep -- I was (and still am) willing to put up sig space for multiple months to bet on the fact no school was leaving the ACC for the XII (namely FSU, Clemson or GT).

But schools like,UVA GaTech and UNC would leave the ACC to get twice the tv money in the B10.

Hmmm you got proof? Yeah that's right, you don't.

Either the ACC is making more income than the insider bloggers think (likely), B1G projections are not realistic (possible) or the ACC schools like playing along I-95. Whatever the reason I never waivered because I was being told things contrary to what the Dude, et al were saying.
04-23-2013 10:06 AM
Advertisement

CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State

Those estimates may very well be overblown, especially considering that each of those schools just signed a GOR to stay in the ACC. If any school in the ACC had designs on jumping ship, they would have refused to sign the GoR. It only takes one holdout to make it invalid.
04-23-2013 10:06 AM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
Most athletic departments still get the majority of their funding from fans - either in donations or direct ticket sales. If a school has a $100m budget and they get $25m from their media/conference that means $75m comes mostly from donations/tickets. I'm anxious to see what happens to schools like Maryland after the initial bump. I'm guessing donations/ticket sales will decrease.
04-23-2013 10:15 AM
mj4life Offline
1st String

I Root For: unc
(04-23-2013 10:06 AM)CommuterBob Wrote:  

Those estimates may very well be overblown, especially considering that each of those schools just signed a GOR to stay in the ACC. If any school in the ACC had designs on jumping ship, they would have refused to sign the GoR. It only takes one holdout to make it invalid.

for UNC it's not about making the most revenue, they just need to make enough revenue to satisfy it's goal of a broad based athletic program, let's not even get into UNC's strong desire to stay with Duke & UVA.
04-23-2013 10:43 AM
bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Personally, i think winning and hanging out with who you want to trumps $. With scholarship limits of 85 and 13 for football and hoops, money isn't everything since there will be plenty of players to land + the school's in the sec and big 10 who might make more money will beat the crap out of each other. Now back to realignment what's with the syracuse message board talk of Oklahoma to the big 10? For the big 10 to take OU and pass on FSU? that doesn't add up.
04-23-2013 10:48 AM
XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(04-23-2013 08:30 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Then I guess thanks to the 'horns are in order.04-bow

Remember a week or two ago TerryD was saying that Texas and Notre Dame were working hard to maintain the status quo to allow the ACC time to solidify?
04-23-2013 11:15 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(04-23-2013 10:06 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  Either the ACC is making more income than the insider bloggers think (likely), B1G projections are not realistic (possible) or the ACC schools like playing along I-95. Whatever the reason I never waivered because I was being told things contrary to what the Dude, et al were saying.

1. Doubtful they are making more. It requires ESPN giving money away. ESPN is not generous.
2. Big projections ARE projections. Much based on what happens with their TV contract in 2017. That's uncertain.
3. ACC schools do like staying on I-95 and playing similar schools
4. As Wolfman says, most money does NOT come from TV contracts.

In any event, UNC was solid with the ACC. UVA and FSU got convinced and no one else mattered. B1G/SEC don't expand without one of those 3, and probably the Big 12 doesn't either (maybe with Miami who wasn't likely to leave w/o FSU going first).
04-23-2013 02:24 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs

No they wouldn't knucklehead because no matter what, when the B1G renegotiates their TV deal, everyone else will also at some point. Fact is, TV money is going to go up for the Power 5 continuously so all the teams in the Power 5 will be paid handsomely from here on out.

Anyone that thinks the ACC, Big 12, or PAC 12 TV deal will not be renegotiated again in the next 5-6 years is simply being naive.
04-23-2013 02:41 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
(04-23-2013 10:06 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  

Hmmm you got proof? Yeah that's right, you don't.

Either the ACC is making more income than the insider bloggers think (likely), B1G projections are not realistic (possible) or the ACC schools like playing along I-95. Whatever the reason I never waivered because I was being told things contrary to what the Dude, et al were saying.

And I never wavered b/c UNC, UVA and Duke were a) not desperate to be pimped and b) not in need to recruit the population-declining Midwest region.

The B1G needed the schools more than the schools needed the B1G.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 03:00 PM by ecuacc4ever.)
04-23-2013 02:59 PM
PhiladelphiaVT Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Virginia Tech

The ACC wasn't always so good at keeping secrets. I well remember April, 2003 when the ACC was attempting its first raid on the Big East. Around April 15th, one of the NYC tabloids leaked the news that Miami, Boston College, and Syracuse were planning on leaving for the ACC. All hell then broke lose. The ACC failed to get the expected seven votes required for expansion and the drama dragged on into May and then well into June of that year. Vote after vote was taken by ACC presidents and expansion failed every time. The whole fiasco was covered in breathless fashion by the news media.

Long story short---the delay allowed politics to get involved resulting in Virginia Tech getting an ACC invite over Syracuse. It was a huge embarrassment for Swofford and the ACC. Since that time the ACC has obviously learned some valuable lessons about the need for secrecy when it comes to conference realignment matters.
04-23-2013 06:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.