Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How this Cincinnati Fans Feels About This Conference...
UCbball21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
How this Cincinnati Fans Feels About This Conference...
I don't think I will ever be happy as a fan as long as we are in this conference. Obviously I will continue to support Cincinnati in every way possible but every win Cincinnati gets, my satisfaction gained will be conditional. Conditional in the sense that I don't care if we beat Memphis, UCF, USF, etc., all I care about is elevating our program over everyone else so that when the music starts, whenever that may be, Cincinnati won't be left without a chair again.

In two years, Cincinnati has lost its AQ status, membership in the best basketball conference in the nation, its biggest rival (to a much better conference), a F**K ton of money, and will watch Xavier get elevated to comparable status taking MSG with them to boot...and you know what? Cincinnati did nothing wrong, they competed at the highest level in football earning 2 BCS berths, they rebuilt their basketball program after it was completely destroyed to a Sweet 16 run, have made a commitment to renovate Nippert and support its two main sports financially (coaches salaries, indoor practice facilities), and have vastly improved both their academics and campus infrastructure. Sure the city of Cincinnati could have supported their team better. Unlike Louisville, we have to compete with the Bengals and the Reds for fans but still 35k perpetually in the stands should have been doable. Regardless, Cincinnati proved it on the field and on the court time and time again that they belong in the club...instead we were left out in the cold, typical Bearcat luck.

Every single UConn and Cincinnati fan, and to a lesser extent USF fan, has gotten completely screwed and should be severely depressed by the events that have transpired these past two years. Time isn't changing anything, if anything it will only make it worst. Not one of our programs can compete with the good to elite P5 football programs with that money differential as time goes on. Hell, the mediocre to bottom-dweller programs will be tougher to compete with in recruiting and, consequentially, on the field.

The P5 is slowly starving out the lesser programs. Eventually stipends will be permitted to college players and competing at even a comparable level will be impossible to almost every program not in the P5. College sports becomes more and more of a sham every day, even still, I hope the Bearcats are apart of it instead of being left behind fading into irrelevance.

With that said, go Bearcats...I hope we dominate every god d@mn school in football and basketball in this joke of a conference so none of you get that potential chair when the music starts over us. Cincinnati has no friends in this sh!t conference...every other program should feel the exact same way.
04-23-2013 11:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
RE: How this Cincinnati Fans Feels About This Conference...
03-zzz

edit: In before the flamewar lulz.....

P.S. I know I'm taking the bait, but does it even occur to you that some of the fans from your conference-mates don't even care about being conference with Cincy? No offense to the respectable Cincinnati posters on this board (y'all are a class act and I actually am looking forward to playing cincy), but I would much rather be in a conference that was something like Unc, nc state, vt, uva, tennessee, south carolina, wvu, southern miss, marshall, ucf and memphis...
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 12:17 AM by ncbeta.)
04-24-2013 12:00 AM
King_WWW08 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis/Texas
(04-23-2013 11:55 PM)UCbball21 Wrote:  I don't think I will ever be happy as a fan as long as we are in this conference. Obviously I will continue to support Cincinnati in every way possible but every win Cincinnati gets, my satisfaction gained will be conditional. Conditional in the sense that I don't care if we beat Memphis, UCF, USF, etc., all I care about is elevating our program over everyone else so that when the music starts, whenever that may be, Cincinnati won't be left without a chair again.

In two years, Cincinnati has lost its AQ status, membership in the best basketball conference in the nation, its biggest rival (to a much better conference), a F**K ton of money, and will watch Xavier get elevated to comparable status taking MSG with them to boot...and you know what? Cincinnati did nothing wrong, they competed at the highest level in football earning 2 BCS berths, they rebuilt their basketball program after it was completely destroyed to a Sweet 16 run, have made a commitment to renovate Nippert and support its two main sports financially (coaches salaries, indoor practice facilities), and have vastly improved both their academics and campus infrastructure. Sure the city of Cincinnati could have supported their team better. Unlike Louisville, we have to compete with the Bengals and the Reds for fans but still 35k perpetually in the stands should have been doable. Regardless, Cincinnati proved it on the field and on the court time and time again that they belong in the club...instead we were left out in the cold, typical Bearcat luck.

Every single UConn and Cincinnati fan, and to a lesser extent USF fan, has gotten completely screwed and should be severely depressed by the events that have transpired these past two years. Time isn't changing anything, if anything it will only make it worst. Not one of our programs can compete with the good to elite P5 football programs with that money differential as time goes on. Hell, the mediocre to bottom-dweller programs will be tougher to compete with in recruiting and, consequentially, on the field.

The P5 is slowly starving out the lesser programs. Eventually stipends will be permitted to college players and competing at even a comparable level will be impossible to almost every program not in the P5. College sports becomes more and more of a sham every day, even still, I hope the Bearcats are apart of it instead of being left behind fading into irrelevance.

With that said, go Bearcats...I hope we dominate every god d@mn school in football and basketball in this joke of a conference so none of you get that potential chair when the music starts over us. Cincinnati has no friends in this sh!t conference...every other program should feel the exact same way.

[Image: hD66AFF29]
04-24-2013 12:02 AM
GameParson Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tulsa
(04-23-2013 11:55 PM)UCbball21 Wrote:  I don't think I will ever be happy as a fan as long as we are in this conference. Obviously I will continue to support Cincinnati in every way possible but every win Cincinnati gets, my satisfaction gained will be conditional. Conditional in the sense that I don't care if we beat Memphis, UCF, USF, etc., all I care about is elevating our program over everyone else so that when the music starts, whenever that may be, Cincinnati won't be left without a chair again.

LOL - An eternal optimist with delusions of grandeur.

Two predictions
1. You're not going anywhere
2. You're not dominating anything.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 12:19 AM by GameParson.)
04-24-2013 12:05 AM
King_WWW08 Offline
Banned

[Image: tumblr_m4ot8fGTVB1qdezf9o1_500.gif]
04-24-2013 12:17 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
[Image: tumblr_ll2q53UvcU1qefjiy.gif]
04-24-2013 12:38 AM
Advertisement

GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
Not to sound like a troll or an ass or anything, but dude, what's done is done. Get over it, move on, and make the best out of the hand you're dealt. That's what most of the rest of us are doing. Why can't you, man? Do I need to remind you that Houston was in the SWC, a top conference back in the day? If it were still in existence today, it would be an AQ conference. So trust me, your school isn't the only one who's gotten a raw deal over the years by the BCS. Believe me, my friend, the difference is some of us have gotten over it and moved on. You will learn to do the same.
04-24-2013 12:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
King_WWW08 Offline
Banned

(04-24-2013 12:53 AM)GeminiShamrock Wrote:  Not to sound like a troll or an ass or anything, but dude, what's done is done. Get over it, move on, and make the best out of the hand you're dealt. That's what most of the rest of us are doing. Why can't you, man? Do I need to remind you that Houston was in the SWC, a top conference back in the day? If it were still in existence today, it would be an AQ conference. So trust me, your school isn't the only one who's gotten a raw deal over the years by the BCS. Believe me, my friend, the difference is some of us have gotten over it and moved on. You will learn to do the same.

Texas rules!!!
04-24-2013 01:04 AM
TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
(04-24-2013 01:04 AM)King_WWW08 Wrote:  
(04-24-2013 12:53 AM)GeminiShamrock Wrote:  Not to sound like a troll or an ass or anything, but dude, what's done is done. Get over it, move on, and make the best out of the hand you're dealt. That's what most of the rest of us are doing. Why can't you, man? Do I need to remind you that Houston was in the SWC, a top conference back in the day? If it were still in existence today, it would be an AQ conference. So trust me, your school isn't the only one who's gotten a raw deal over the years by the BCS. Believe me, my friend, the difference is some of us have gotten over it and moved on. You will learn to do the same.

Texas rules!!!

I don't know what your whole Texas thing is about but your sig was way too big and stretching the page so I removed it. I PMed you the image link in case you need it and don't have it saved anywhere. 04-cheers
04-24-2013 01:32 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
Why is Cincy more deserving than other schools in this league? You were lucky to leave Conf USA and join the BE. You were no more deserving to do so than ECU. Sorry but join the ranks of other unhappy fans who are not part of the big 5.
04-24-2013 04:52 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
I'm excited about UC bb getting back to business.
04-24-2013 05:00 AM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
[Image: rec-road-to-recovery-5-4-12-md.jpg]
[Image: ManagingDepressionPitColor.jpg]
04-24-2013 07:28 AM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
Well, that escalated quickly.
04-24-2013 07:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(04-23-2013 11:55 PM)UCbball21 Wrote:  Every single UConn and Cincinnati fan, and to a lesser extent USF fan, has gotten completely screwed and should be severely depressed by the events that have transpired these past two years.

Not sure why you say USF fans have been screwed to a "lesser extent". We have been screwed over just as badly as Cincinnati has. 01-wingedeagle
04-24-2013 08:02 AM
USM@FTL Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Texas is just going to love watching Texas A&M and Johnny Football rule the airwaves. Texas won't mind A&M making more $ and waves than the longwhorns, right? LOL!

With the ACC GOR being signed, Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC in a few years might be inevitable. Cincy better pray for this.
04-24-2013 08:04 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
You know what fellers'? Winning and good management will cure all your problems. So win and up grade your facilities. The only variable that is hard to control is your fan support, which requires constant attention.
"So just win Baby!"
07-coffee3
04-24-2013 08:09 AM
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

Houston fans may have gotten over the demotion from the old SWC, but only in a psychological sense. In a tangible sense, you guys are still wandering in the athletic wilderness as a non-AQ, 17 years later.

Obviously, Cincy will "get over it and move on" too, in the same sense that Houston has - neither has curled up in a ball and dropped its athletic programs. Cincy will continue to field football, basketball, and other teams and do their best to make them as competitive as possible.

But I don't think that is "moving on" in anything but a trivial sense. Truth is, with the new playoff structure and immense gap in media money between P5 and non-P5, there isn't a whole lot a non-AQ can do to crack the thick glass ceiling of big-time football.
04-24-2013 08:10 AM
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
I can't wait to see the Cincy fans when they lose a football game to ECU ,Tulsa etc
04-24-2013 08:13 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(04-24-2013 08:13 AM)Bleeds_Purple Wrote:  I can't wait to see the Cincy fans when they lose a football game to ECU ,Tulsa etc

Why? The original poster isn't Cincy fans, he is 1 fan.
04-24-2013 08:17 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(04-24-2013 08:13 AM)Bleeds_Purple Wrote:  I can't wait to see the Cincy fans when they lose a football game to ECU ,Tulsa etc

Why? Cincy fans realize they have lost to many such teams in the past and could lose more in the future. I don't think any Cincy fan is expecting Cincy to go unbeaten in the AAC each year.

Cincy fan frustration is about getting demoted from AQ to non-AQ and is very understandable. In fact, we saw a bit of the same from ECU fans several months back, when you guys came to realize that the "Big East" you were invited to join wasn't going to look like or have the AQ status of the Big East you had pined to join since the 1990s. It sucks to have a rug pulled out from under you, and nobody has had it worse than Cincy (or UCConn and USF), so have a heart pal.
04-24-2013 08:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.