Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Per BurntOrangeNation: Big 12 looking at UH, SMU, CIncy or USF/UCF for expansion
Cougar King Offline
Banned

I Root For: Houston
Per BurntOrangeNation: Big 12 looking at UH, SMU, CIncy or USF/UCF for expansion
http://www.burntorangenation.com/2013/4/...ealignment

Excerpt:

Quote:"If the Big 12 does decide that they want to expand, it will have to focus efforts on members of the American Athletic Conference, the former Big East that will end up housing many former members of Conference USA. With the departure of Louisville to the ACC, the number of appealing options for the Big 12 has never been lower.

Cincinnati is still on the table as a possibility, but otherwise the Big 12 would have to look into expanding into Florida or bringing back former members of the SWC like SMU or Houston. "

"Florida schools like Central Florida or South Florida would be appealing because they could help open up the fertile state of Florida to Big 12 recruiting efforts, but they wouldn't bring enough television money to the table to make them viable options based on what Bowlsby has been saying."

I'll believe it when I see it, but regardless it's something to discuss.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 05:26 PM by Cougar King.)
05-07-2013 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
RE: Per Orangebloods: Big 12 looking at UH, SMU, CIncy or USF/UCF for expansion
posted yesterday. speculation. lets not do this again
05-07-2013 10:53 AM
Lord2FLI Away
Peanut Vendor

I Root For: The End
(05-07-2013 10:53 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  posted yesterday. speculation. lets not do this again

Agreed. That thread got closed and moved, best to let it stay dead.
05-07-2013 10:55 AM
Cougar King Offline
Banned

(05-07-2013 10:55 AM)Lord2FLI Wrote:  Agreed. That thread got closed and moved, best to let it stay dead.

Sorry, didn't know that. Can somebody link me to it?
05-07-2013 10:57 AM
Lord2FLI Away
Peanut Vendor

I Root For: The End
(05-07-2013 10:57 AM)Cougar King Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 10:55 AM)Lord2FLI Wrote:  Agreed. That thread got closed and moved, best to let it stay dead.

Sorry, didn't know that. Can somebody link me to it?

There's an active thread on the Conference Realignment board discussing the article.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 11:01 AM by Lord2FLI.)
05-07-2013 11:00 AM
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-07-2013 10:52 AM)Cougar King Wrote:  http://www.burntorangenation.com/2013/4/...ealignment

Excerpt:

Quote:"If the Big 12 does decide that they want to expand, it will have to focus efforts on members of the American Athletic Conference, the former Big East that will end up housing many former members of Conference USA. With the departure of Louisville to the ACC, the number of appealing options for the Big 12 has never been lower.

Cincinnati is still on the table as a possibility, but otherwise the Big 12 would have to look into expanding into Florida or bringing back former members of the SWC like SMU or Houston. "

"Florida schools like Central Florida or South Florida would be appealing because they could help open up the fertile state of Florida to Big 12 recruiting efforts, but they wouldn't bring enough television money to the table to make them viable options based on what Bowlsby has been saying."

I'll believe it when I see it, but regardless it's something to discuss.

I'm surprised that UConn wasn't mentioned along with those five schools.
05-07-2013 11:50 AM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
BTW, that writeup was from Burntorangenation, not Orangebloods.
05-07-2013 12:15 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
Translation - Cinncinati to close the gap to WV and BYU if they expand.

Translation #2- Texas content for now with current contract - everyone else HAS to be content. When the current contract is up the B-12 either expands or Texas and OKlahoma head to the PAC-12 with Texas Tech and Oklahoma St as travel partners. 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 02:47 PM by panite.)
05-07-2013 02:46 PM
JDTulane Online
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
dead horse being beaten. brought up yesterday
05-07-2013 02:51 PM
HoustonCougarNation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cougars, Frogs
I hope they bring back HOUSTON!!!!
05-07-2013 04:12 PM
1201Arapaho Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Show me the link where someone's AD in is ICU or Hospice Care
05-07-2013 05:02 PM
Advertisement

Frank the Tank Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
(05-07-2013 12:15 PM)TripleA Wrote:  BTW, that writeup was from Burntorangenation, not Orangebloods.

Yes, this distinction is very important. Burnt Orange Nation (and I consider them to be a friend of my blog) is purely an opinion blog. Orangebloods is a Texas news report site. Now, one may criticize the track record of Orangebloods (which is completely fair), but they do have sources within Texas for sure and is in the business of attempting to break news as opposed to commenting on it. So, the thread title definitely needs to be changed because there's a big-time difference between the sites (and a passerby can easily take that title, put it up on Twitter, and all hell will break loose because that's the age we live in).
05-07-2013 05:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cougar King Offline
Banned

RE: Per BurntOrangeNation: Big 12 looking at UH, SMU, CIncy or USF/UCF for expansion
(05-07-2013 05:23 PM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 12:15 PM)TripleA Wrote:  BTW, that writeup was from Burntorangenation, not Orangebloods.

Yes, this distinction is very important. Burnt Orange Nation (and I consider them to be a friend of my blog) is purely an opinion blog. Orangebloods is a Texas news report site. Now, one may criticize the track record of Orangebloods (which is completely fair), but they do have sources within Texas for sure and is in the business of attempting to break news as opposed to commenting on it. So, the thread title definitely needs to be changed because there's a big-time difference between the sites (and a passerby can easily take that title, put it up on Twitter, and all hell will break loose because that's the age we live in).

done
05-07-2013 05:27 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
RE: Per BurntOrangeNation: Big 12 looking at UH, SMU, CIncy or USF/UCF for expansion
The title is misleading period. The article doesn't say the Big 12 is looking at those schools for expansion. The writer is simply saying if the Big 12 wanted to expand their options have gotten a whole lot smaller because of ACC Grants of Right thingy.
05-07-2013 05:50 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(05-07-2013 05:50 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  The title is misleading period. The article doesn't say the Big 12 is looking at those schools for expansion. The writer is simply saying if the Big 12 wanted to expand their options have gotten a whole lot smaller because of ACC Grants of Right thingy.

EXACTLY The lack of reading comprehension on this board by some people is frustrating...03-banghead This article is 100% pure speculation by someone who has no damn clue what the hell is going on in the Big 12 offices. Basically this is an article pointing out that if the Big 12 wanted to expand their options these days are mostly limited to AAC schools.
05-07-2013 06:15 PM
Cougar King Offline
Banned

(05-07-2013 06:15 PM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:   EXACTLY The lack of reading comprehension on this board by some people is frustrating...03-banghead This article is 100% pure speculation by someone who has no damn clue what the hell is going on in the Big 12 offices. Basically this is an article pointing out that if the Big 12 wanted to expand their options these days are mostly limited to AAC schools.

You're just saying that because nobody's talking about ECU.
05-07-2013 06:26 PM
Advertisement

TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Pretty sure they have a plithera of Texas schools. Get cozy here cougars.
05-07-2013 06:53 PM
AirRaid Offline
1st String

I Root For: H-TownTakeover
(05-07-2013 06:53 PM)TigerSeth Wrote:  Pretty sure they have a plithera of Texas schools. Get cozy here cougars.

No way man, just like EVERYBODY else, we are looking for the first ticket out, to a P5 conference
05-07-2013 06:57 PM
Comet Offline
All American

I Root For: SMU
Let me know when a credible source says any of that.
05-07-2013 07:15 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(05-07-2013 06:53 PM)TigerSeth Wrote:  Pretty sure they have a plithera of Texas schools. Get cozy here cougars.

Yup. The only possible reason for our addition would be to counter the A&M/SEC intrusion into the Big-12 south Texas territory. I wouldnt bet the rent on that one. Frankly, I think the Big-12 is actually just fine at 10. I suspect Houston (and everyone else for that matter) will be here awhile.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 07:21 PM by Attackcoog.)
05-07-2013 07:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.