Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chris Washburn invovled in bar incident
Bookmark and Share
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Chris Washburn invovled in bar incident
The El Paso times is reporting that Chris Washburn was implicated in an incident over the weekend where a man was punched.
05-14-2013 03:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP
RE: Chris Washburn invovled in bar incident
Nothing is really going to come of this. I read the witness could not identify the attackers with certainty.
05-14-2013 10:42 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners
miner rush reporting he was at the location, but not involved in the incident.
05-15-2013 12:37 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

According to Asher Wildman, the initial report was that the bouncer identified the man who punched him as Chris Washburn. However, the next day, a sublemental report was issued saying that the bouncer changed his mind and decided that he could not identify the person who punched him.
05-15-2013 01:37 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

Police report: UTEP basketball forward Chris Washburn linked to alleged assault at El Paso bar

By Aaron Bracamontes / El Paso Times
Posted: 05/14/2013 10:55:21 AM MDT

UTEP head basketball coach Tim Floyd gives instruction to Chris Washburn, right, at a practice. (Times file photo)
UTEP basketball forward Chris Washburn was involved in an incident in which a bouncer allegedly was assaulted Sunday morning, according to a police report.
Washburn, 19, was mentioned in a police report where the bouncer of the Palomino Bar accused him and two others of assault.
The incident happened at about 12:37 a.m. Sunday at the Palomino, 110 E. Robinson Ave.
Washburn is listed as "other involved" but in the report's narrative, he is accused of assaulting the bouncer.
"Upon arrival, the officer met with (the victim), who advised he was a bouncer at the Palomino Bar when (Washburn) and two other unknown black males assaulted (the victim)," the report said. A bar employee "witnessed the assault but could not positively I.D.
Reporter
Aaron Bracamontes

any offender."
The bouncer had an "apparent minor injury," according to the report.
Aaron Bracamontes may be reached at abracamontes@elpasotimes.com; 546-6156. Follow him on Twitter @AaronBrac.
05-15-2013 01:48 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

http://www.minerrush.com/2013/5/14/43311...ar-scuffle

Latest News
UTEP Miners Basketball

Sources: Chris Washburn Not Involved in Bar Scuffle

By asalom on May 14 2013, 5:03p  @anthonysalom 2
Stay connected for news and updates

USA TODAY Sports

A few days ago rumors surfaced that UTEP forward Chris Washburn Jr. had allegedly assaulted a security guard at a local El Paso bar. However, now we are learning that may not be the case.

As was first reported by KVIA's Asher Wildman, UTEP freshman forward Chris Washburn Jr. was recently named in an El Paso Police Department complaint report filed Saturday night after an altercation that took place at the Palomino Tavern located in the Cincinnati Entertainment District.

According to the report, Eric Nunez, a security guard at the Palomino, was struck in the head during an altercation and suffered a minor injury because of the blow. Washburn and "two other unidentified black males" were accused, however neither Nunez nor witnesses could identify who actually committed the assault.

Since the incident, rumors have been flying that go as far as to say that Washburn hit the security guard in the head with a bottle, but sources close to the situation have expressed that isn't the case. Those sources state that while Washburn was at the establishment, he was not involved in the altercation.

The complete details of the situation are still unclear, but at this point Washburn has not been charged or arrested, and it is not expected that he will be. We'll continue to monitor the situation as it develops so stay tuned to MinerRush for more information as it becomes available.
05-15-2013 02:01 PM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I wonder why Washburn was identified in the original report.
05-15-2013 02:22 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I'm guessing the stories will meet somewhere in the middle
05-15-2013 04:18 PM
zyxwvutsru Offline
Cubicle Warrior

Chris was probably giving the D to the bouncer's ex, and when the bouncer got smacked around by a large black guy, he pinned it on Chris.
05-16-2013 09:54 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I heard on talk radio that the incident occured when a UTEP basketball play attempted to sneak into the bar without proper ID. Was that Chris Washburn or another player?
05-16-2013 02:34 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline

It was an NMSU Aggie
05-16-2013 11:07 PM
Advertisement

randaddyminer Offline
Banned

(05-16-2013 02:34 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I heard on talk radio that the incident occured when a UTEP basketball play attempted to sneak into the bar without proper ID. Was that Chris Washburn or another player?

Actually mr. nunez is associated with some people that have been banned from multiple bars, so maybe you're looking in the wrong direction
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 01:29 AM by randaddyminer.)
05-17-2013 01:14 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(05-17-2013 01:14 AM)randaddyminer Wrote:  
(05-16-2013 02:34 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I heard on talk radio that the incident occured when a UTEP basketball play attempted to sneak into the bar without proper ID. Was that Chris Washburn or another player?

Actually mr. nunez is associated with some people that have been banned from multiple bars, so maybe you're looking in the wrong direction

According to sports talk radio. Chris Washburn was denied access to the bar because he did not have ID. He then was snuck in by his friends through the back door. It was then that a bouncer confronted him and Washburn punched him.

Asher Wildman said that is what the original police report said. Apparently someone got talked to and the report later changed.

We all know what is going on here.
05-17-2013 01:09 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I Root For: UTEP Miners
...according to sports talk radio
05-18-2013 12:21 AM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

(05-17-2013 01:09 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(05-17-2013 01:14 AM)randaddyminer Wrote:  

According to sports talk radio. Chris Washburn was denied access to the bar because he did not have ID. He then was snuck in by his friends through the back door. It was then that a bouncer confronted him and Washburn punched him.

Asher Wildman said that is what the original police report said. Apparently someone got talked to and the report later changed.

We all know what is going on here.

you should have stopped right there, over the last month, I think Wildman is losing credibility as a journalist. Were you a witness to what happened? Was Wildman? You have no clue what happened and neither does wildman
05-18-2013 07:40 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

But what about the anonymous radio callers???
05-18-2013 07:51 PM
Advertisement

randaddyminer Offline
Banned

(05-18-2013 07:51 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  But what about the anonymous radio callers???

lol... they ain't ordinary peoples like you and me... them are soothsayers...
05-18-2013 11:17 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline

I haven't seen anything else on this.... Sounds like nothing is coming from it.
05-19-2013 10:21 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

You can question Asher Wildman's credibility if you want.

I'm simply saying that he reported on it on TV and radio. He said the original police report said Washburn threw the punch.

I don't know why Wildman would have a reason to say that if it wasn't true.

The establishment however has reason to change their story because apparently, they cater to UTEP students and wouldn't want to upset their clientel
05-20-2013 09:21 AM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

How does reporting an assault upset their cliental? Surely you are not saying that any and all UTEP students would avoid the place because they reported a UTEP student punched a bouncer?
05-20-2013 10:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.