Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CJ Cooper and McKenzie Moore leaving UTEP?
Bookmark and Share
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
CJ Cooper and McKenzie Moore leaving UTEP?
I heard on the radio the other day that CJ Cooper and McKenzie Moore are leaving.

I doubt if it is true but I wouldn't be surprised.
05-27-2013 02:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I Root For: UTEP Miners
RE: CJ Cooper and McKenzie Moore leaving UTEP?
This, my friend, completely shatters you being able to cite radio as a source.

Both have confirmed they are staying.

As of now, Howard has officially transferred and Hooper Vint is rumored to be transferring to a school in Arkansas.
05-27-2013 02:15 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners
(05-27-2013 02:00 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I heard on the radio the other day that CJ Cooper and McKenzie Moore are leaving.

I doubt if it is true but I wouldn't be surprised.

too bad they were on the radio a week and a half ago, stating the complete opposite 03-nutkick
05-27-2013 03:13 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP
I couldn't wait to watch T. Howard play. Then, when I saw him, he seemed slow, flat-footed, and out of sync. I have to say I'm disappointed in such a highly regarded recruit.

Regardless, I wish him the best..... Same with Hooper (if he is leaving as well).

Floyd often stated that Moore was his future leader/point guard. CJ just needs to gain confidence. But he started showing it in his shot during the second half of the season.
05-27-2013 08:06 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I don't get to listen to talk radio every day. I must have missed the part where they came on and confirmed that they were staying.

I guess Kappy got them mixed up with Hooper and Howard.

He also mentioned however something that I have been saying for some time now. Floyd's brand of basketball is not for every player.

His discipline is going to turn off some recruits and I think we will see more than our fair share of kids who leave.
05-28-2013 09:59 AM
zyxwvutsru Offline
Cubicle Warrior

(05-28-2013 09:59 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  I don't get to listen to talk radio every day. I must have missed the part where they came on and confirmed that they were staying.

I guess Kappy got them mixed up with Hooper and Howard.

He also mentioned however something that I have been saying for some time now. Floyd's brand of basketball is not for every player.

His discipline is going to turn off some recruits and I think we will see more than our fair share of kids who leave.

Don't blame Kappy for your mistake. 05-nono

05-stirthepot
05-28-2013 11:01 AM
Advertisement

mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

1. There was a rumor of Mac Moore leaving.

2. Kappy addressed it with Mac Moore and moved on.

3. Weeks later FitBud posts a rumor he heard on "local sports radio" that Mac Moore is leaving.

Get the picture?
05-28-2013 12:20 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

Has it really been weeks? I guess I've been really busy. I hear a few shows here and there and plan to post on what I heard when I get a chance.

Sorry if this was old news. I didn't see anyone else posting it.
05-29-2013 12:25 AM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

Yep, weeks old news.
05-29-2013 09:02 AM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

Also, Tim Floyd has consistently said the current style of basketball is not set in concrete but what was needed due to the inexperience of his team. When he gets the horses, he is going to let them run.
05-29-2013 09:42 AM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline

Cool RE: CJ Cooper and McKenzie Moore leaving UTEP?
Nothing wrong with discipline. Even if it costs us players.

I'd rather have a middle of the pack classy team, than a winning team full of thugs. Ask Calipari
05-29-2013 07:40 PM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

(05-29-2013 07:40 PM)RUNVSFD MINER Wrote:  Nothing wrong with discipline. Even if it costs us players.

I'd rather have a middle of the pack classy team, than a winning team full of thugs. Ask Calipari

I doubt that Calipari is complaining about his players.

Come to think about it. Neither are the Kentucky fans.

Enjoy your well disciplined UTEP Miners who score 40 points a game.

I would much rather have Calipari and his championship blue chippers any day of the week.
05-30-2013 12:28 AM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

Was that forced just to be the "alternative" opinion? For the 546,789 time. Coach Floyd has stated he is not dedicated to the slow half court offense. It was dictated by the inexperience of his team. He would speed it up when he had the horses. He has a few now. He is going to let them run.

Regardless, the discipline RUN was referring to was not about anything on the basketball court. Correct me if I am wrong RUN.
05-30-2013 08:52 AM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline

That's correct. My reference was over how I don't mind if we lose players due to discipline. I would not follow a program with NMSU type attitude cases.

I also meant that if a classy team meant a mediocre team, I'd still prefer the discipline. Bohannon tried to toe the line, and I was firmly behind Coach Floyd sitting his arse on the bench. Bo got the point, and I was happy about that as well. These young men need to be prepared for life, not just bball.

But Fitbud, your preference is reflective..... And it's not surprising.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 11:20 PM by RUNVSFD MINER.)
05-30-2013 11:19 PM
gcp_mineros Offline
2nd String

(05-30-2013 12:28 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(05-29-2013 07:40 PM)RUNVSFD MINER Wrote:  Nothing wrong with discipline. Even if it costs us players.

I doubt that Calipari is complaining about his players.

Come to think about it. Neither are the Kentucky fans.

Enjoy your well disciplined UTEP Miners who score 40 points a game.

I would much rather have Calipari and his championship blue chippers any day of the week.

Fitbud, are you or are you not a Miner fan? You frequent a UTEP message board and complain about everything. I would understand if the occasional comment was critical of but your barrage of negativity suggests you are some kind of masochist, no?
05-31-2013 12:29 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

Mistabinks

Floyd had horses when he took over the team and he didn't let them run wild. I have a hard time believing that he will do it once he gets his brand of horses. Floyd is a disciplinarian. If you think that doesn't translate onto the court, I have some land in Horizon to sell you.

Run

I don't mind Floyd's discipline off the court but what indication do we have that these players left because of discipline off the court? What did these boys do off the court that got them kicked off the team?

gcp

Great question. I do not complain about everything. I simply post information that seems to upset die hard Miner fans. The honest truth is that I am tired of UTEP having no direction and no commitment to excellence.

I used to be that die hard fan the believed that the Miners would some day be an athletic college of which I could be proud.

Unfortunately, after almost 30 years of following their teams and watching them fail almost every year, It gets harder and harder to support them.

Last year, I reluctantly purchased season tickets only to watch them have one of their worst seasons in years. It's just too much.

It's time we demand greatness from our University. Patting these guys on the back for being mediocre will never help them be great.

That is the bottom line.

I know my approach upsets a lot of people but it comes down to tough love.

Until you demand better, UTEP will always fall short.
05-31-2013 12:44 AM
Advertisement

RUNVSFD MINER Offline

(05-31-2013 12:44 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Until you demand better, UTEP will always fall short.

Says the guy who opposes everything to improve the city..... Good Gawd.
05-31-2013 01:10 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(05-31-2013 01:10 AM)RUNVSFD MINER Wrote:  
(05-31-2013 12:44 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Until you demand better, UTEP will always fall short.

Wrong again. I have never opposed everything to improve the city.

Since you are so big on proof. I invite you to prove that I have opposed everything to improve the City.
05-31-2013 01:13 AM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline

(05-31-2013 01:13 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(05-31-2013 01:10 AM)RUNVSFD MINER Wrote:  

Wrong again. I have never opposed everything to improve the city.

Since you are so big on proof. I invite you to prove that I have opposed everything to improve the City.

Read your own posts. THere's your proof.
05-31-2013 01:15 AM
gcp_mineros Offline
2nd String

(05-31-2013 12:44 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Mistabinks

Floyd had horses when he took over the team and he didn't let them run wild. I have a hard time believing that he will do it once he gets his brand of horses. Floyd is a disciplinarian. If you think that doesn't translate onto the court, I have some land in Horizon to sell you.

Run

I don't mind Floyd's discipline off the court but what indication do we have that these players left because of discipline off the court? What did these boys do off the court that got them kicked off the team?

gcp

Great question. I do not complain about everything. I simply post information that seems to upset die hard Miner fans. The honest truth is that I am tired of UTEP having no direction and no commitment to excellence.

I used to be that die hard fan the believed that the Miners would some day be an athletic college of which I could be proud.

Unfortunately, after almost 30 years of following their teams and watching them fail almost every year, It gets harder and harder to support them.

Last year, I reluctantly purchased season tickets only to watch them have one of their worst seasons in years. It's just too much.

It's time we demand greatness from our University. Patting these guys on the back for being mediocre will never help them be great.

That is the bottom line.

I know my approach upsets a lot of people but it comes down to tough love.

Until you demand better, UTEP will always fall short.

If your 30 years of support is anything like the past few weeks I've observed on this board than that's just sad. BTW, on the field/court performance has zero affiliation with your demand.
03-idea PAC12 has a conference board. Why don't you go graze over there indefinitely instead of trolling the UTEP board?
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 01:45 PM by gcp_mineros.)
05-31-2013 06:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.